• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Markieff on the way out?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Rockets are interested. They would reportedly include Terrance Jones in a deal. He looks to be the kind of player we have had and currently have plenty of. N'Dumba-Capela looks more interesting to me.

Either way, they need to unload this turd and get something for him. Dec 15th is the date like a 100 players become available for trade so makes no sense to pull the trigger unless Houston offers a great deal.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Rockets are interested. They would reportedly include Terrance Jones in a deal. He looks to be the kind of player we have had and currently have plenty of. N'Dumba-Capela looks more interesting to me.

Either way, they need to unload this turd and get something for him. Dec 15th is the date like a 100 players become available for trade so makes no sense to pull the trigger unless Houston offers a great deal.

I would package him with at least one first-round pick in order to try and maximize his value. Drafting thirteenth or fourteenth every year, while missing the playoffs on a perennial basis, is unlikely to move this club over the hump. Either the Suns need to become a really bad team—tough to do at this point given the reconstruction that has already occurred—or they need to use upcoming draft picks as leverage to acquire the pieces that this roster needs, specifically at forward.

I would opt for the second option.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would package him with at least one first-round pick in order to try and maximize his value. Drafting thirteenth or fourteenth every year, while missing the playoffs on a perennial basis, is unlikely to move this club over the hump. Either the Suns need to become a really bad team—tough to do at this point given the reconstruction that has already occurred—or they need to use upcoming draft picks as leverage to acquire the pieces that this roster needs, specifically at forward.

I would opt for the second option.

I think you make a great point. Draft picks outside the top 10 (esp when it's the Suns) are expendable. It would make this worthless season interesting again and you could hope that Howard would like it here and resign.