• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Maske Grades The First Round: We Got A B-

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 NFL draft grades: Patriots, Seahawks, Jets ace Round 1 - The Washington Post

Washington Redskins: Scherff will probably be a fine player. He was widely regarded as the draft’s top offensive lineman. But his best position might end up being guard, not tackle. This is about maximizing the value of the pick, and if Scherff ends up being a guard, that’s not worth the fifth overall selection. It’s a case of liking the player a lot but not necessarily loving the spot at which he was taken. The Redskins let Leonard Williams go by and didn’t manage to trade back for additional picks. Grade: B-

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it the more this pick makes sense. To much invested in RG3. They are giving him every chance to succeed by beefing up the line. Because of him they haven't had 1st rounders past two years. They have been handcuffed also in FA. He gave his body for this team to succeed his first year and last two years a pieced together line didn't do him any favors in return. Maybe if we had a QB with more than 2 seconds to get rid of the ball we would fair better (obviously).... This pick says more about RG3 than the new Scherff in town.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like maske , i really do but again this is another pundit who had /has a preconceived notion about what position should be drafted where and it clouds his judgement

you cant make a trade if one isnt available

and sure i can see the case for williams but he chose to go with scherf , a need

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do these idiots want? Prisco said we needed a "wow" pick but years past has said that we need to ignore the flashy pick and go with the trenches. The "wow" pick has gotten us in trouble for years and now we change gears and its wrong.

We are getting bombed with draft grades and not one expert has given a reason why. The only thing I have heard is that because Williams was there. Ok dummies, we just dropped a tremendous amount of money in our DLine this year and its clearly the strongest position on this team. Why would we draft DL when we had the worst OLine in football?

If we would have taken Williams, the experts would blast us for ignoring the most glaring weakness on the team with the OLine. What are they wanting us to do here?

Multiple reports have said that Scheriff is a solid player but not worth the 5th pick? Again, what we supposed to do here? He was highly rated on our board and we took him. We stayed true to our board and drafted the BPA and addressed a major weakness. I am begining to think these experts just complain to hear themselves talk.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like maske , i really do but again this is another pundit who had /has a preconceived notion about what position should be drafted where and it clouds his judgement

you cant make a trade if one isnt available

and sure i can see the case for williams but he chose to go with scherf , a need

His preconceived notion isn't wrong though. Taking a guard #5 is not the way to maximize value. We got a good player. It's a solid pick. But that doesn't mean it's the right plan.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that remains to be seen

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maske.jpg

Should you pull the string again??
What if he gives us a C?? Risky.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His preconceived notion isn't wrong though. Taking a guard #5 is not the way to maximize value. We got a good player. It's a solid pick. But that doesn't mean it's the right plan.

i disagree if he is a good football player you take him

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree if he is a good football player you take him

He is a good football player; in fact, more than good. The issue is whether he's fifth overall pick good. The Eagles picked Lane Johnson with their fourth overall pick to play RT two years ago. He turned out fine. If Scherff turns out like Johnson, this was well worth the pick.