• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Appel, arguably the biggest draft bust in MLB history, leaves baseball

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That season, he could just never get right. Appel underwent a surprise appendectomy before the year and pitched only five innings in spring training. Then, he was sent to Single-A Lancaster, host of—as he learned from teammates—one of the best hitting environments in baseball due to the wind currents. On top that, there was a piggybacking system, which stacked starters, making them pitch every four days. Appel couldn't adjust and accumulated a 9.74 ERA in 44.1 innings. He didn't understand what was happening. He ran, he worked out, he went to the gym and prepared as much as he could, but whenever his turn to pitch came, the results were awful.
this seems like a pretty bad way to handle pitching prospects. and Lancaster is a pretty awful place for baseball, I'm glad the Red Sox no longer have a farm team there.

doesn't help that while he may have been the consensus top college pitcher, he wasn't regarded as a rare talent like Prior or Strasburg. And despite that, Boras was trying to cash in on him after other pitchers landing big signing bonuses.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember he was going to be a good one. To bad it never worked out for him. Best wishes to him in the future.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he got to AAA! Old Brien Taylor, the "left handed Dwight Gooden" never cracked AA. Yankees could've drafted hometown boy Manny Ramirez. Yuck.

Sup Rocko?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember he was going to be a good one. To bad it never worked out for him. Best wishes to him in the future.

I dont think he reads this board

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Marbury in high school play in a big HS tourney in St. Louis. Garnett, Ronnie Fields were there from Fauraget Academy. Vince Carter was there from Daytona Mainland..

Marbury had the sickest cross-over I'd seen in my life. Just ridiculous. He was sick at Ga Tech and at Minny too. Went home to NYC and what a waste of a great talent.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he got to AAA! Old Brien Taylor, the "left handed Dwight Gooden" never cracked AA. Yankees could've drafted hometown boy Manny Ramirez. Yuck.

Sup Rocko?
nasty????

holy shit dude.

how the fuck are ya?

boy do i have stories for you lol

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good man. Hope you're doing well. I'm back to a stationary position, rather than the almost constant travel of the last few years so it's good to see at least a few of the same folks are still posting. I am ready for what should be a fantastic baseball season.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good man. Hope you're doing well. I'm back to a stationary position, rather than the almost constant travel of the last few years so it's good to see at least a few of the same folks are still posting. I am ready for what should be a fantastic baseball season.
i am ready for 3rd place. you guys have a juggernaut in that little fishing village down there.

lets see...

i met a girl
moved in
she diagnosed bipolar a year in to our relationship
raised her 2 kids with her for 2 years
3 months ago we got into an argument. she pushed me, i grab her arm. yadda yadda i was arrested, had to move, and now have probation and batterers counseling...

oh, and we are getting back together. no shit. we both learned a lot.

glad you're back my friend.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am ready for 3rd place. you guys have a juggernaut in that little fishing village down there.

lets see...

i met a girl
moved in
she diagnosed bipolar a year in to our relationship
raised her 2 kids with her for 2 years
3 months ago we got into an argument. she pushed me, i grab her arm. yadda yadda i was arrested, had to move, and now have probation and batterers counseling...

oh, and we are getting back together. no shit. we both learned a lot.

glad you're back my friend.

Wow, man. Seems you've been on a roller-coaster. Hope things continue to improve for you.

Glad to be back, and looking forward to an AL East season for the ages.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, man. Seems you've been on a roller-coaster. Hope things continue to improve for you.

Glad to be back, and looking forward to an AL East season for the ages.
you're going to win 110 games min

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is imposing, agreed, provided they all stay healthy. Bullpen is also going to be lockdown. Rotation has a few question marks, and zero depth. That concerns me.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is imposing, agreed, provided they all stay healthy. Bullpen is also going to be lockdown. Rotation has a few question marks, and zero depth. That concerns me.
yeah thats it. rotation. your lineup can overcome that with 6 runs a night i think.