• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariota reconsidering the NFL

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he stays could be a situation where he becomes matt barkley...matt barkley stayed and was something like 100th pick of the draft...4th round or so...lost a lot of money. he would have been a top 10 pick had he went year before. not going to say hes better or worse than matt...but should he struggle vs Stanford for a 3rd yea in a row then that probably doesn't help

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota is not an NFL QB...however most qb's in the NCAA aren't at the moment anyways. He'd be wise to go and be picked up to be a backup by someone and make a good amount of money

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota is not an NFL QB...however most qb's in the NCAA aren't at the moment anyways. He'd be wise to go and be picked up to be a backup by someone and make a good amount of money

You're wrong. Most Oregon quarterbacks are system guys. Mariota is a different breed though. The fact that he can run Mach 3 doesn't change that he's an absolute master at play action, has a pretty big arm, is generally accurate and understands touch. He's certainly not the most polished guy out there, but he's a lot closer to Cam than he is to Vince Young in the passing department.

To be more blunt, I think when healthy he's the best and most talented quarterback in the nation. He's better than JFF, Bridgewater, Jameis, Hundley, etc. Dude is a superb player with a full NFL toolkit, unless he's dumb or something, which I've never got the impression he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong. Most Oregon quarterbacks are system guys. Mariota is a different breed though. The fact that he can run Mach 3 doesn't change that he's an absolute master at play action, has a pretty big arm, is generally accurate and understands touch. He's certainly not the most polished guy out there, but he's a lot closer to Cam than he is to Vince Young in the passing department.

To be more blunt, I think when healthy he's the best and most talented quarterback in the nation. He's better than JFF, Bridgewater, Jameis, Hundley, etc. Dude is a superb player with a full NFL toolkit, unless he's dumb or something, which I've never got the impression he is.

I'd compare him if anytthing to Russell Wilson as far as mechanics(not height) but he won't be on that level for a few yrs. To me he's the kind of guy that needs backup experience before he becomes starting material, which is why in my previous post I said he'd be a good backup. However, he aint no Cam. Most guys coming out will never be a Cam Newton. That fucker is just too big and has too strange of an ego for me to comprehend.
Just my opinion :suds:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually there is a weakness that folks can point out in a quarterback. I see none in Mariota. Of course he is not ready for NFL play....who is? It takes time to understand that the other teams are loaded with college all-Americans and how to deal with it. Not RG3....he made it with his legs and when he got injured, he lost a half-step and now is struggling. Andrew Luck is great, however needed a few games to get it together. All the current great ones; Manning, Brees, Rodgers. etc. needed time in the NFL before they were great. Of all the current college quarterbacks, IMO, Mariota,Bridgewater and maybe Murray have the good quickness and the great/accurate arm to get it done. Look at Georga without Murray...big difference. Same goes for Oregon and Louisville is nothing without Bridgewater.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he looks great when he was all day but get some pressure on him and he becomes pretty average imo. he has plenty of time to improve though

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually there is a weakness that folks can point out in a quarterback. I see none in Mariota. Of course he is not ready for NFL play....who is? It takes time to understand that the other teams are loaded with college all-Americans and how to deal with it. Not RG3....he made it with his legs and when he got injured, he lost a half-step and now is struggling. Andrew Luck is great, however needed a few games to get it together. All the current great ones; Manning, Brees, Rodgers. etc. needed time in the NFL before they were great. Of all the current college quarterbacks, IMO, Mariota,Bridgewater and maybe Murray have the good quickness and the great/accurate arm to get it done. Look at Georga without Murray...big difference. Same goes for Oregon and Louisville is nothing without Bridgewater.

This :agree: