• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariota 2.0

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Ohio State your cross divisional permanent? Does the B10 still have those?

Nebraska's "Permanent" Cross Divisional is Ohio State through 2019.

They haven't set anything in stone past that.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's "Permanent" Cross Divisional is Ohio State through 2019.

They haven't set anything in stone past that.

Thought I saw ya played them til 2021. Ahh heck, I could be wrong.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can see clearly above, Cross Divisionals can be a bitch.
That cross divisional rival bs is totally phagottry. Just rotate the cross divisional opponents every few years.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hard to tell anything about this video because they only show the plays in slow motion. I'd like to see the full speed version please.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I saw ya played them til 2021. Ahh heck, I could be wrong.

You're correct. I couldn't be happier about it. It's counterintuitive to desire tough matchups, but being stuck in the Big 12 North taught me how detrimental it can be to escape real competition.

The Big Ten West is an absolute double edged sword for Nebraska. We will always out recruit everyone. We will always have better talent.

The issue lies in the lackluster competition. Ohio State and Michigan will bring out the best in Nebraska. Everyone else is a challenge to get motivated for.

The shitty competition in the West has the potential to have a negative trickle down effect. Need those tough cross divisionals.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Nebraska play 1's vs 1's in their spring game? I hope not because if so your defense is slow and terrible - like seriously.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Nebraska play 1's vs 1's in their spring game? I hope not because if so your defense is slow and terrible - like seriously.

Reds were 1's.

Red D gave up one early TD. 9 points total.

Forced 3 turnovers and had 4 sacks I think

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds were 1's.

Red D gave up one early TD. 9 points total.

So you don't play 1's vs 1's?

That kind of sucks because you really can't tell shit.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@4down20

Nebraska's defense is not even close to where it needs to be.

The talent on paper is alright. The production is complete trash.

They'll stay in the 3-4, but instead of bend don't break, it will aggressive to the point of selling out every play to force a major play, whether it's a tackle for loss, big hit, sack, hurry, pressure, force out, tip, or pick.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of those kids on white are blue chippers, but we're definitely not deep enough. Especially on the back end. That speed is lacking for sure.

We have blue chippers who look damn good getting off the bus on D, but haven't lived up to their potential at all as of yet.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@4down20

Nebraska's defense is not even close to where it needs to be.

The talent on paper is alright. The production is complete trash.

They'll stay in the 3-4, but instead of bend don't break, it will aggressive to the point of selling out every play to force a major play, whether it's a tackle for loss, big hit, sack, hurry, pressure, force out, tip, or pick.

Alabama is supposed to be 3-4 base defense, but we play nickel and dime more than anything it seems like.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those kids on white are blue chippers, but we're definitely not deep enough. Especially on the back end. That speed is lacking for sure.

We have blue chippers who look damn good getting off the bus on D, but haven't lived up to their potential at all as of yet.

Alabama plays 1's vs 1's in our spring game so I always have to remind myself that not everyone does that. I was glad that Alabama does it that way especially this year, because I wanted to see how Jalen did against elite defenses(where he struggles). He always does good against lesser defenses, so if we had played 1's vs 2's he probably would have lit it up.

And with Nebraska's defense already being suspect with 1st string, 2nd string doesn't tell me much other than you should score well against whatever cupcakes are on your team. Your QB looks way faster than those defensive guys, but those guys also looked really slow. Probably take Nebraska to cover on your cupcake games.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is supposed to be 3-4 base defense, but we play nickel and dime more than anything it seems like.

That's because Bama recruits a level of athlete that can play almost anywhere on the front 7. Hand in the dirt, off the weakside, dropping back in zone, blitzing, pure man assignment...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because Bama recruits a level of athlete that can play almost anywhere on the front 7. Hand in the dirt, off the weakside, dropping back in zone, blitzing, pure man assignment...

It's mostly because of the spread. Nobody runs up the middle anymore.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama plays 1's vs 1's in our spring game so I always have to remind myself that not everyone does that. I was glad that Alabama does it that way especially this year, because I wanted to see how Jalen did against elite defenses(where he struggles). He always does good against lesser defenses, so if we had played 1's vs 2's he probably would have lit it up.

And with Nebraska's defense already being suspect with 1st string, 2nd string doesn't tell me much other than you should score well against whatever cupcakes are on your team. Your QB looks way faster than those defensive guys, but those guys also looked really slow. Probably take Nebraska to cover on your cupcake games.

Year one isn't gonna look like it should. We all know it. We are going to show flashes of just how different of a task it is to beat a team like this. There won't be a single team in conference who plays the way Nebraska hopefully will.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's mostly because of the spread. Nobody runs up the middle anymore.

That's the major concern. Physicality.

UCF was a solid reminder of just how physical you can be without trotting out a fullback.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska does.

It's even more the case in a read option because while there might technically be some runs towards the middle, it's going to be mostly cutbacks/reads and the defense is going to have to defend the edge anyway.

We'd run a 3-4 against a team like LSU, where it's RB going to be hitting different holes. But most teams it seems like a lot of nickel and dime and the LB's are expected to move sideline to sideline as much as they are stuffing gaps.