• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners Vs Red Sox 6/14 - 6/17

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros score 3 in the 8th and 1 in the 9th to come back and win their 11th straight. :tsk:

Angels had a 2 run lead going into the 9th... A's just tied it up. :laugh:

Angels are just looking bad. Very very bad right now.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't they just swap Healy and Seager in the lineup? Make it so Cruiz sees a few more pitches with something with a pulse behind him? :noidea:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't they just swap Healy and Seager in the lineup? Make it so Cruiz sees a few more pitches with something with a pulse behind him? :noidea:

Or drop Seager to 10th in the order.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am recording tomorrow's turn up the clock game from '98(?). Should be fun to listen to DN again on the call.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking that way for a while now. I get so tired of watching Seager K out when we really need to get guys plated. He's too much of a rally killer. I love his defense but his offense leaves much to be desired so often. Oh well, so it goes. :D

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-2 was really the best case scenario. Nothing to hang a head in shame about. On to NY.

Boston is a really good team so 2-2 is just fine... Now off to New York and then Boston again ... &&$&@ thats as hard as schedule can get , 10 games with Boston and New York in a row....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston is a really good team so 2-2 is just fine... Now off to New York and then Boston again ... &&$&@ thats as hard as schedule can get , 10 games with Boston and New York in a row....
Yeah, I'm still not expecting more than 1-2 in both of those road series so winning either one is a real bonus IMO.

On the flip side, I don't believe Houston faces another team that is currently above .500 until they face the M's starting on a 3 game set July 30th ffs. They won't see a team with a pulse for the next full month +. Well after the all-star break. I would be shocked at this point to see them finish under 105 wins. They would pretty much have to have some massive self destruction or bad injury streak.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm still not expecting more than 1-2 in both of those road series so winning either one is a real bonus IMO.

On the flip side, I don't believe Houston faces another team that is currently above .500 until they face the M's starting on a 3 game set July 30th ffs. They won't see a team with a pulse for the next full month +. Well after the all-star break. I would be shocked at this point to see them finish under 105 wins. They would pretty much have to have some massive self destruction or bad injury streak.

I'm hoping they can take one of the series and go 3-3, but 2-4 definitely wouldn't be the end of the world. They missed Sale in this series, but they get him in Boston and they also get Severino in the finale against the Yanks, so they have their work cut out for sure.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really aren't that stupid. I just know it.

I could sit here and list team after team that had 8 game leads in June that didn't make the playoffs, but is that really necessary? :L

Weird how you chose to ignore this part of my statement:

our best competition for a post season spot is 8 games behind us and just put 4 more players on the DL.

Only to suddenly understand it the same day:

Angels are just looking bad. Very very bad right now.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird how you chose to ignore this part of my statement:

Only to suddenly understand it the same day:
Yeah, because in mid June we know FOR SURE the Angels are entirely the only possible challenge. :L

Right now the Tigers appear to making headway. And a run of bad luck for the M's could put them far enough back to create a pack. It has literally happened that way many many times already.

Just get off our jocks already.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because in mid June we know FOR SURE the Angels are entirely the only possible challenge. :L

Right now the Tigers appear to making headway. And a run of bad luck for the M's could put them far enough back to create a pack. It has literally happened that way many many times already.

The Tigers, at 36-37, having lost Miguel Cabrera for the season, are beating up on the Twins and White Sox and you're over here worried they're coming.

That's the point. Enjoy the ride. Right now the M's have absolutely no one actually competing with them. There is a clear top 4 in the AL and then the rest. Yeah, that could change by the end of the year, but that's not happening soon.

Why the obsession with watching for the ground to crumble under the M's feet while this team is playing some of its best baseball in team history?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Tigers are making headway?

:hurt:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers are bad, they just happen to have a 5-game winning streak against one mediocre team and one really bad team.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea I don't think we even fully grasp what that does to the pitches Cruz sees. I just go back to the first game of the series against Kimbrel. Even with Cruz as the winning run, he got nothing in the strike zone and then up comes Seagar to watch two pitches down the pipe. Next night same thing, they walked Cruz to load the bases for Seagar. Its gonna become a massive issue if not dealt with. I think Healy is ok at 6th but I'd move Gamel or Span to 5th.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers, at 36-37, having lost Miguel Cabrera for the season, are beating up on the Twins and White Sox and you're over here worried they're coming.

That's the point. Enjoy the ride. Right now the M's have absolutely no one actually competing with them. There is a clear top 4 in the AL and then the rest. Yeah, that could change by the end of the year, but that's not happening soon.

Why the obsession with watching for the ground to crumble under the M's feet while this team is playing some of its best baseball in team history?
How many different ways do you need to be told this? How long are you, and the others who insist on harassing anyone that isn't being a fan the way you want them to be, going to keep on doing the same shit over and over?

No one needs your permission to either be skeptical, or express it here. Period. Stop. If you'd simply ignore negative posts there wouldn't be 10% of the overall negativity YOU bring with these responses.

No one has made any attempt to tell those blindly looking to purchase WS tickets already they need to stop. Go for it! Said it repeatedly. Be as upbeat as you see fit.

I will also exercise my absolute right to do the same.

Stop telling others how to be a fan. Seriously. You have no right what so ever to keep doing so.

Particularly when you aren't paying attention in the first place. Most of what you are on me about is really me defending the others that get bashed up here that are more jaded than I am like NWinAZ. I totally get why he creates his own threads to talk in because of how bad some of you just won't leave him alone. But how many compliments have I also given the team or the outcome of games? I've said how much I enjoy what is going on RIGHT NOW. I simply will not, and cannot project it out farther because of history. Why is that so unacceptable to you, or anyone else, that you all feel the need and the right to keep bitching about it endlessly?