• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners vs Rangers, April 14-16

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice to see

let this be a new beginning

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy did they need a weekend like this. Still a lot of work to do, but showing signs of hitting better and being more clutch. Maybe a few of them will stop trying to force things now and just settle into normal season mode.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad im at the cheese cake factory, otherwise my pants would be off

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't catch the game today but boy do they ever need one like this and the series sweep. Hopefully this will turn things around.

Another note: loving the Hanniger trade more and more with each game

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haniger is off to a good start. I'm glad that he's starting to settle in at the plate. He appears to be a good fit for the 2nd spot in the order, whether he's hitting behind Segura, Dyson or, in yesterday's case, Heredia, he seems comfortable in that role. I admit that I expected him to be in the bottom third of the order when the season started, easing him in, but he's getting the job done hitting second so far. The strikeouts are gonna come because he's a rookie and rookies sometimes want to do more than they necessarily need to, but the more he settles into that #2 spot, the more patient and less prone to striking out I think he'll be.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we are killing the Taijuan Walker trade so far, even with Segura banged up for now. Haniger looks like he wants to be in the ROY discussion. I was really skeptical on shipping off a big power pitcher, but both guys we got could be big time players for us for a long time.

Last couple outings for Altavilla have been tough, not sure why he's been so hesitant to lean on his heater.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively, SS and RF have been the two strongest positions this year. If Cano/Cruz/Seager can hit at 85% of what they did last year, the offense should been greatly improved.

But it won't matter if the bullpen continues to struggle. Getting Zych back should help if he is anything like he was in 2015. That's a big if. Diaz' stuff is still as good as it ever was but his head is all kinds of messed up. He needs to be taken out of the closer role for a while. The problem is that we don't have a solid candidate to replace him.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively, SS and RF have been the two strongest positions this year. If Cano/Cruz/Seager can hit at 85% of what they did last year, the offense should been greatly improved.

But it won't matter if the bullpen continues to struggle. Getting Zych back should help if he is anything like he was in 2015. That's a big if. Diaz' stuff is still as good as it ever was but his head is all kinds of messed up. He needs to be taken out of the closer role for a while. The problem is that we don't have a solid candidate to replace him.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle last swept the Rangers on April 27-29, 2015 at Texas and have not run the table at Safeco Field against their rivals since September of 2007.:L:L

so that's over:yes:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a big if. Diaz' stuff is still as good as it ever was but his head is all kinds of messed up. He needs to be taken out of the closer role for a while. The problem is that we don't have a solid candidate to replace him.

I thought Diaz should have been moved back to set-up role for start of year and that we should have signed a bullpen arm with recent closer experience. He can throw, but he has yet to learn how to pitch. I would like to see Cishek back as closer when he comes back. He had his moments last year, but was also pitching with a bad hip which could not of been easy especially with his delivery.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Diaz should have been moved back to set-up role for start of year and that we should have signed a bullpen arm with recent closer experience. He can throw, but he has yet to learn how to pitch. I would like to see Cishek back as closer when he comes back. He had his moments last year, but was also pitching with a bad hip which could not of been easy especially with his delivery.
Cishek gets over shadowed by Diaz last season. Cishek had a very solid season last year. When he gets back, if anywhere close to his form last year he will help get some length out of the bullpen.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to comment about the sweep, I don't want to get my hopes up they have turned this thing around...