• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners @ Rangers April 20-22

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny because I was thinking that during the game when Beltre kept making play after play and hitting double after double.
Oh man....like minds think alike- am I right? Seahawks_3 and NWinAZ?:idea:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we send down Heredia while a 44 year old Ichiro stays as a link to the past minus the productivity.

This is why the M’s are who they are, pathetic.

Sorry I am late on this but I was pretty tied up this weekend. I didn't want to believe this day would come but we a lot of us knew this would happen the day he signed. Gamel didn't tear an ACL or anything, it was an oblique strain so it was clear he was only gonna miss about a month of season time. There were in house options to cover just a couple of weeks. This move was about the Mariners being the Mariners. And when the apologists call people out for saying winning isn't the priority, this is the kind of shit that we have to go on. I don't really care if this was a Servais decision, Dipoto, Stanton, Manfred, whomever the fuck it doesn't matter. It just goes to show what a gong show this organization still is. I wanted to believe years ago that Chuck and Howard were the issue but Mather and Stanton are just larvae laid by them. Same dudes different names.
Heredia has the 2nd highest WRC+ on the team and probably the best defensive outfielder on the team. He has hit righties decently (4/12) in the small sample size he's been given. Bottom line is the Mariners purposely made their team worse for no reason. This isn't a talented enough roster like the Astros or Cubs to just waste roster spots for team mascots.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure... He's about the only bright spot on this team... Please bump Seager down in the order and have Haniger batting 5th from here on out...

This team has a hard time scoring runs unless they hit a HR...

I have been clamoring for this since last year but it seems useless.

Bottom line is Im almost certain Haniger if healthy will be the best hitter on the team. So why bat him 6th?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really understand the him being a clubhouse leader. He hasn't been with the team long enough to be the voice of the clubhouse. His skill set he could really take a younger guy under his wing is Gordon. He isn't a player who could pinch hit for any single person on the roster besides the backup catcher and I don't think they could use him as a defensive replacement

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really understand the him being a clubhouse leader. He hasn't been with the team long enough to be the voice of the clubhouse. His skill set he could really take a younger guy under his wing is Gordon. He isn't a player who could pinch hit for any single person on the roster besides the backup catcher and I don't think they could use him as a defensive replacement

You would think Felix, Cano and Cruz provide enough "clubhouse leadership" to cover that aspect. And I wouldn't PH Ichiro for anyone but a pitcher. I'd even rather have Frietas up there.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I am late on this but I was pretty tied up this weekend. I didn't want to believe this day would come but we a lot of us knew this would happen the day he signed. Gamel didn't tear an ACL or anything, it was an oblique strain so it was clear he was only gonna miss about a month of season time. There were in house options to cover just a couple of weeks. This move was about the Mariners being the Mariners. And when the apologists call people out for saying winning isn't the priority, this is the kind of shit that we have to go on. I don't really care if this was a Servais decision, Dipoto, Stanton, Manfred, whomever the fuck it doesn't matter. It just goes to show what a gong show this organization still is. I wanted to believe years ago that Chuck and Howard were the issue but Mather and Stanton are just larvae laid by them. Same dudes different names.
Heredia has the 2nd highest WRC+ on the team and probably the best defensive outfielder on the team. He has hit righties decently (4/12) in the small sample size he's been given. Bottom line is the Mariners purposely made their team worse for no reason. This isn't a talented enough roster like the Astros or Cubs to just waste roster spots for team mascots.

I totally agree with you and you stated the "truth" very well. I do disagree with the point you made above. There was a definite reason he was brought onboard. It was for the money-and nothing else. As long as fans continue the revenue flow, ownership will keep doing what is working for them. Once fans stop drooling over bobbleheads and all the other "shit" they shove down our throats and quit going to games they will get the idea that maybe......just maybe the fans want a winning team and then they will either sell their "gold mine" or get the staff and players that will give fans what they pay for-a professional winning team.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think Felix, Cano and Cruz provide enough "clubhouse leadership" to cover that aspect. And I wouldn't PH Ichiro for anyone but a pitcher. I'd even rather have Frietas up there.

JD's statement that Ichiro is a Clubhouse leader is the biggest crock of shit he has served up in the last week or so. Ichiro doesn't even speak English for shit's sake!! He is probably more of a "MASCOT" in the Clubhouse- a mascot for a management team who are the puppets of ownership.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD's statement that Ichiro is a Clubhouse leader is the biggest crock of shit he has served up in the last week or so. Ichiro doesn't even speak English for shit's sake!! He is probably more of a "MASCOT" in the Clubhouse- a mascot for a management team who are the puppets of ownership.
I forgot to add that Dipoto's statement regarding Ichiro's "clubhouse" presence is very insulting to many fan's intelligence and is just another example management talking down to the fan base.
PS: If Portland ends up with Oakland's team and the ownership is stellar, then maybe I will have a different Northwest team to be a fan for. Seattle M's just might have some competition to motivate the money grubbing ownership!!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been clamoring for this since last year but it seems useless.

Bottom line is Im almost certain Haniger if healthy will be the best hitter on the team. So why bat him 6th?

He seems to be the best hitter on the team... He's hit in all spots of the lineup already whether it's 2nd, 4th, 5th or 6th... Guy is money...

Some message needs to be sent to Seager but there are no more excuses for him to not play well in April/May every year... He's at .218 right now...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the "Ichiro provides leadership" statements at all... He doesn't speak English very well, does he? If not, then how can he be the vocal leader?

Provides a presence in the clubhouse? So should we get Dan Marino as the back up on the Seahawks, stealing a roster spot for someone we'd like to groom, just so he can provide a presence?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the "Ichiro provides leadership" statements at all... He doesn't speak English very well, does he? If not, then how can he be the vocal leader?

Provides a presence in the clubhouse? So should we get Dan Marino as the back up on the Seahawks, stealing a roster spot for someone we'd like to groom, just so he can provide a presence?

Its just Dipoto grasping at straws. Kind of like when Servais mentioned facing right handed pitching as a reason to send Heredia down. I don't think these guys actually believe that stuff, its just what they can say regarding the situation.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been vocal about this not bugging me because I want Heredia to play everyday as I think he is a better player than Gamel. But the excuses Jerry made make zero logical sense. You can't have someone on your roster just to be a leader but doesn't play like football and basketball. As well as it's not like the team is full of young guys, the roster is full of guys who have been in the league long enough to know how to be professionals.

Then his statement about how it allows roster flexibility, keeping Ichiro is the exact opposite. Had they cut bait with Ichiro and kept Motter then you have two extra roster spots you can keep sending up and down to help the staff.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DIPoto had to say something and he couldn't talk about his sub .200 average, no steals, no extra base hits, and his defense to which he has to be replaced for late in games, so sure leadership is as good as any BS statement.

I personally think when he said leadership he meant bobblehead, but maybe that is just me.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had issues with respecting Dipoto but with the recent activity and the explanations from JD it's clear to me that we're being played once again. The combo of JD and Servais is not how this organization is going to have a competitive team. Making excuses for Ichiro remaining on the active roster pretty much says it all to me. I can smell bullshit a mile away and Dipoto and Servais stink!! What a slam on the fans and a disgrace to Seattle. The M's organization is looking more and more like a joke within the league.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Greg Johns MLB.com @gregjohnsmlb
12:39 PM ET
SEATTLE -- Mariners general manager Jerry Dipoto understands the negative reaction from many fans to sending outfielder Guillermo Heredia down to Triple-A Tacoma on Sunday and instead keeping aging veteran Ichiro Suzuki on the roster.

No Dipshit, you don't understand.

I used to think Dipshit got a raw deal with how he was forced out of Anaheim, but the last few years have shown me that Scioscia was 100% right.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think when he said leadership he meant bobblehead, but maybe that is just me.

That's exactly right... Making a buck off the fans is what it's all about when it comes to Ichiro, imo... Too bad there are so many dumb ass fans out there who enjoy being taken advantage of...