• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Get Carlos Ruiz for Vidal Nuno

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this move. The timing was great. If you've followed the hot stove season for a few years then you probably know that available catchers are one of the first commodities to get snatched up in the off season. Despite his advanced age for a catcher, Ruiz is still capable of starting 60-90 games. He also hits left-handed pitching well. So, it appears that Seattle's catching corps for the 2017 is already settled. Zunino will start against right handers. Depending on how well zunino hits next year, he could also see some starts against lefties.

Losing Vidal Nuno hurts. Seattle now has to fill a void not only for a situational lefty but also for a spot starter. However, I think that void is easier to fill than a solid #2 catcher would be to fill. Ruiz is no Steve Clevenger, this guy is legit and he will contribute.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus he didnt cost 47 home runs

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this move. The timing was great. If you've followed the hot stove season for a few years then you probably know that available catchers are one of the first commodities to get snatched up in the off season. Despite his advanced age for a catcher, Ruiz is still capable of starting 60-90 games. He also hits left-handed pitching well. So, it appears that Seattle's catching corps for the 2017 is already settled. Zunino will start against right handers. Depending on how well zunino hits next year, he could also see some starts against lefties.

Losing Vidal Nuno hurts. Seattle now has to fill a void not only for a situational lefty but also for a spot starter. However, I think that void is easier to fill than a solid #2 catcher would be to fill. Ruiz is no Steve Clevenger, this guy is legit and he will contribute.
I just love that as soon as the WS wrapped JEDI was on the phone trying to make his team better. This goes to show we have a GM that is engulfed in trying to win, and not a minute goes by that he will not try to upgrade the squad. I like the move, finally like the front office, and really excited with what else will happen for next year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ms have to address pitching but if Cruz/Cano don't lose too much productivity our hitting should be pretty good next year.

Aoki had a ridiculous end of the season too, so hopefully he keeps up that momentum and Zunino while average is still pretty bad, he figured out how to walk. OBP over .300, I'll take it considering it was .100 lower before we sent him down.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ms have to address pitching but if Cruz/Cano don't lose too much productivity our hitting should be pretty good next year.

Aoki had a ridiculous end of the season too, so hopefully he keeps up that momentum and Zunino while average is still pretty bad, he figured out how to walk. OBP over .300, I'll take it considering it was .100 lower before we sent him down.
He is a Houston Astro now, gotta replace.