• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus Mariota Three Year Career So Far.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tldr

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota does not have the ability to stay healthy because he is simply not durable. Without his scrambling ability, he is a marginal QB. As we noticed in the playoff game aginst NE, once Mariota hurt is quad he was virtually ineffective.

At 100% Mariota is a solid QB. The problem is he is usually never 100%. He is just not built for the NFL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom 10 QB is kind of a meaningless distinction in 2017-2018.

As long as you didn't have the Browns or Broncos QB situation then you could compete just due to the relatively weak nature of the QB spot this year.

There definitely seems something fishy about Tenneesse's coaching. Matt Cassel has been pretty awful even by his standards when he has gotten the opportunity.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dec-kool-aid-wave.png

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they have to decide this offseason IIRC being that it's after the 3rd year. That's the way these 5th year options work if my memory holds. Also eligible for an extension now if they wanted to do that for some reason.

Yeah, you're right about the option. The Bears declined the 5th year option on Kyle Fuller this past off-season, going into his 4th year. Wound up biting us in the ass, because he had a breakout year and now we're going have to tag him or pay up in a big way.

Pretty doubtful they give Mariota an extension. Probably pickup the 5th year option, and give him two seasons to try and get something going with the new HC.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just needs a QB guru for a coach

jeff-fisher-thumbs-up-yo.jpg

Born to run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the right coach and scheme, Mariota will be a top 5 QB

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be opposed to Tenn moving on, but it would basically have to be in a deal to land them Darnold. Otherwise it's just not worth it.

But just not sure what he is yet, and really don't have to have to pay him the stupid money it takes to keep a QB these days

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There needs to be a rating for funny but too close to home.
I figured it would go one of two ways. I'm glad someone saw the humor in that.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom 10 QB is kind of a meaningless distinction in 2017-2018.

As long as you didn't have the Browns or Broncos QB situation then you could compete just due to the relatively weak nature of the QB spot this year.

There definitely seems something fishy about Tenneesse's coaching. Matt Cassel has been pretty awful even by his standards when he has gotten the opportunity.

You hit the nail on the head. The coaching is terrible at least the offensive portion, As far as defense and special teams those were alright this year.

You could tell from the first game this year that the offensive scheme was shit.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you're right about the option. The Bears declined the 5th year option on Kyle Fuller this past off-season, going into his 4th year. Wound up biting us in the ass, because he had a breakout year and now we're going have to tag him or pay up in a big way.

Pretty doubtful they give Mariota an extension. Probably pickup the 5th year option, and give him two seasons to try and get something going with the new HC.

Oh, yeah, pretty doubtful unless they are irrationally confident in Mariota. I was kind of giggling when the Raiders gave Carr an extension knowing the shitstorm that was coming.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of these are fluff stats. Like catching his own pass, or leading a 95 yard garbage time TD drive.

Even the passer rating and rookie TD thing. As passing stats have become so bloated/inflated over just this past decade.

The red zone numbers are impressive.

Mariota is not yet a bust. However, he was downright poor this year and showed signs of regression. Doing so against the 30th SOS in football.

Mariota struggles with his reads/progressions, which is a symptom that effects many single-read spread college QB's.

He tends to look really good against sub-standard D's, and consistently get shutdown in a big way against the better ones.

Next year is the final one of his rookie contract, and it's make or break.

He has definitely regressed this year but a lot of it was the outdated 1980's scheme which was pure shit and completely predictable. There were several times this year where for whatever reason they changed things up and Mariota would play great but then the staff would revert right back to the shitty scheme.

His first two seasons he had 9 games with 100 passer rating/multiple TD’s only Dan Marino,Russell Wilson and Kurt Warner had more in their first 2 seasons at QB. Thats pretty good company.

As of Thanksgiving Day 2016, Mariota is the first QB in modern NFL history with six four-TD performances in his first 22 career games. No other QB had more to start a career.

Sure Mariota didn't do too well this season BUT his first two seasons he did very well thats simply the facts.

That 95 yard TD drive at New England was in the first quarter and the first points scored in that game.

Mariota had four 4th quarter comebacks and five game winning drives the most of any NFL QB in 2017 so he can play and has what it takes. This does not include the second half comeback at K.C. where he led them back from 18 points the largest deficit ever for a road QB in the postseason.

Also the team has improved each season Mariota has been at Tennessee. First year was 3 wins.,Second year improved by 6 games with 9 wins.,Third year 9 wins and made the playoffs.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the right coach and scheme, Mariota will be a top 5 QB

Agreed.

His first two seasons Mariota played very well. Last year due to shit scheme he regressed.

The coming year his fourth will tell us a lot.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has definitely regressed this year but a lot of it was the outdated 1980's scheme which was pure shit and completely predictable. There were several times this year where for whatever reason they changed things up and Mariota would play great but then the staff would revert right back to the shitty scheme.

His first two seasons he had 9 games with 100 passer rating/multiple TD’s only Dan Marino,Russell Wilson and Kurt Warner had more in their first 2 seasons at QB. Thats pretty good company.

As of Thanksgiving Day 2016, Mariota is the first QB in modern NFL history with six four-TD performances in his first 22 career games. No other QB had more to start a career.

Sure Mariota didn't do too well this season BUT his first two seasons he did very well thats simply the facts.

That 95 yard TD drive at New England was in the first quarter and the first points scored in that game.

Mariota had four 4th quarter comebacks and five game winning drives the most of any NFL QB in 2017 so he can play and has what it takes. This does not include the second half comeback at K.C. where he led them back from 18 points the largest deficit ever for a road QB in the postseason.

Also the team has improved each season Mariota has been at Tennessee. First year was 3 wins.,Second year improved by 6 games with 9 wins.,Third year 9 wins and made the playoffs.

He was okay his first two seasons. I would certainly not come close to saying he was great. He had one nice run during the 2016 season.

I do not buy into him. I'm sorry, I just have seen nothing which tells me I should.

The rookie TD's and 4 TD games thing means very little. IMO. It's nice, but like I said... this decade, old passing records are just falling apart year after year. The numbers these QB's post nowadays are so inflated compared to what was being put up in the days of a young Marino or Warner. 4 TD's were so rare back then. Only a few per year. Now? There's a few per week.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was okay his first two seasons. I would certainly not come close to saying he was great. He had one nice run during the 2016 season.

I do not buy into him. I'm sorry, I just have seen nothing which tells me I should.

The rookie TD's and first 4 TD games thing means very little. IMO. It's nice, but like I said... this decade, old passing records are just falling apart year after year. The numbers these QB's post nowadays are so inflated compared to what was being put up in the days of a young Marino or Warner.

I agree that he needs to step up and prove something in 2018.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen several who think that Mariota isn't any good or some go as far as to say he is a bust. Overall he has done a good job in Tennessee and there is no denying that the recently fired head coach put Mariota in an ill fitting scheme that didn't take advantage of his strengths whatsoever.

probably why @HammerDown sold the place...

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The records Mariota has set or broken in only three seasons of being QB 2015 through 2017

Have to be a good QB to do all the things below in just three years no doubt.

With better coaching in 2018 more records will be set or broken..........

NFL records

Most games with at least 3 touchdown passes by an NFL rookie - 4 (tied with Peyton Manning)

Most passing touchdowns by a rookie quarterback in one half: 4

Only player in NFL history to pass for at least 250 yards 3 touchdowns and rush for more than 100 yards in the same game

Second rookie in NFL history to throw at least 3 touchdown passes in a season opener

First quarterback in NFL history to record 6 total touchdown passes within the first two games of his career

Most touchdown passes through the first 3 games of NFL career - 8

First player in the Super Bowl era with a perfect passer rating in first NFL start

First player to have both a receiving and passing touchdown in a playoff game

First player to throw a touchdown pass to himself in the playoffs

Youngest quarterback to reach perfect passer rating: (21 years, 318 days) September 13, 2015

Youngest player to throw for 4 touchdowns in a game: (21 years, 318 days) September 13, 2015

16 games with at least two touchdown passes in his first two NFL seasons (tied with Peyton Manning and Russell Wilson)

First rookie to have two games with 4 touchdown passes and no interceptions

Led biggest NFL road playoff comeback win ever at Kansas City coming back from 18 down winning 22-21

Longest run of any NFL player for 87 yards and TD for 2015 season

Scored 35 points in one half vs Green Bay. Most points scored in a half for 2016 season

Led the NFL with four 4th quarter comebacks and five game winning drives 2017

Titans franchise records

Most passing touchdowns in a season by a rookie: 19

Most completions in a season by a rookie: 230

Most passing yards in a season by a rookie: 2,818

Most passing attempts in a season by a rookie: 370

Most rushing yards in a game by a quarterback: 112

Longest run by a quarterback: 87 yards

Youngest quarterback in franchise history to throw for over 300 yards in a game: (21 years, 332 days) September 27, 2015

First quarterback in franchise history to catch a touchdown reception. 2015 at N.Y. Jets

First player to throw a touchdown pass to himself 2017 playoffs at Kansas City

Highest season completion percentage by a rookie (62.2)