• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

March Madness

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Huggs losing touch... Do you see how hard these kids play for him? 3 of 4 in the Sweet 16 He is doing something right.

We have the same issues in recruiting in both football and basketball. Certain teams not named WVU are pipelines to the pros. Kids go to those programs. One of those is Kansas who seems to keep winning the conference with lottery pick players. Huggs does it with guys who don't get another Div 1 offer.

We may have different definitions of Elite. BBdad says make the Elite 8 and he is elite. Now the rules have changed and he must win a NC to be elite. I'm hoping that JC stays hot these next 4 games and you guys say not elite until multiple NCs.

Yeah... I won’t consider him elite until he has won multiple NC’S at WVU. That’s what elite coaches do. They ain’t satisfied with doing it just once. I ain’t either...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s the damn rules... we already made them already...

AN ELITE COACH GETS HIS TEAM INTO THE ELITE 8

Everybody knows this...

Wrong,

If ya aint first, ya last!

And I can prove it. Real quick without lookin who finished 8th in the final football poll? Who all was in the elite 8 last year?

Nobody has a clue

Well there ya go, might as well be last.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Huggs losing touch... Do you see how hard these kids play for him? 3 of 4 in the Sweet 16 He is doing something right.

We have the same issues in recruiting in both football and basketball. Certain teams not named WVU are pipelines to the pros. Kids go to those programs. One of those is Kansas who seems to keep winning the conference with lottery pick players. Huggs does it with guys who don't get another Div 1 offer.

We may have different definitions of Elite. BBdad says make the Elite 8 and he is elite. Now the rules have changed and he must win a NC to be elite. I'm hoping that JC stays hot these next 4 games and you guys say not elite until multiple NCs.
So you're saying if Self or Coach K came here we wouldn't get Parade All Americans because we are WVU? Football is a little different. Kids will go to Penn State , Nortre Dame, USC even when those programs are down. when a kid comes here it is because the kid likes that style of coaching. Calipari figured out how to modify his program to the 1 and done player.

I think that the NC title would be a way to separate coaches of equal caliber. Hugging has the wins but not the trophy. Some coaches have the trophy but not the wins or longevity / wins. If you feel he is Elite, so be it. Right now, I view Huggy as the Buffalo Bills or Dan Marino of college basketball.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About spiritual gifts and God given talents, and their use in our everyday lives as well as our church lives.
Tough but interesting topic. In all seriousness, good luck with your endeavor.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough but interesting topic. In all seriousness, good luck with your endeavor.
You aren't kidding. Have been doing a ton of research. I know the Bible in general, but am by no means a Bible scholar!! Thanks for your well wishes, Mad!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying if Self or Coach K came here we wouldn't get Parade All Americans because we are WVU? Football is a little different. Kids will go to Penn State , Nortre Dame, USC even when those programs are down. when a kid comes here it is because the kid likes that style of coaching. Calipari figured out how to modify his program to the 1 and done player.

I think that the NC title would be a way to separate coaches of equal caliber. Hugging has the wins but not the trophy. Some coaches have the trophy but not the wins or longevity / wins. If you feel he is Elite, so be it. Right now, I view Huggy as the Buffalo Bills or Dan Marino of college basketball.
Mad, sometimes I think WVU is just doomed to never reach the heights, man we can never catch a break! We have had the team in both sports before, but the cards fell wrong. Just for an example, look at the seeds left that Michigan, Kentucky and Kansas regions have left now compared to what we have left!!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think we would get a coach K or bill self to come to WVU. If they did, I don’t believe they would bring in the talent the blue bloods that Duke, unc, ky or Kansas do. Roy Williams left Kansas for UNC so he could get the best players and he was at Kansas.

Now if Huggs went to KY or UNC, he would get the Mcdonald all Americans because of the school, brand name and tradition of putting guys in the NBA. Those are things WVU does not have but takes years or build. We are moving in the right direction but have a way to go.

So Mac, whatncoach do you propose bringing in here to get us to the next level. I don’t think that K, Calipari or Self are going to be on the market anytime soon.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think we would get a coach K or bill self to come to WVU. If they did, I don’t believe they would bring in the talent the blue bloods that Duke, unc, ky or Kansas do. Roy Williams left Kansas for UNC so he could get the best players and he was at Kansas.

Now if Huggs went to KY or UNC, he would get the Mcdonald all Americans because of the school, brand name and tradition of putting guys in the NBA. Those are things WVU does not have but takes years or build. We are moving in the right direction but have a way to go.

So Mac, whatncoach do you propose bringing in here to get us to the next level. I don’t think that K, Calipari or Self are going to be on the market anytime soon.
I agree that we couldn't bring one of these coaches here, but you feel that if 1 of these coaches did come here that the talent wouldn't follow? Roy had the talent in Kansas and was very successful. He went back home to coach at a school that Dean built and carried on the success. Similar to what Huggy has down.

A few years ago, I mentioned Andy Toole who is the HC of Robert Morris University. Lately, his teams haven't been too hot. I felt that his youth made him connect with this different generation. In all reality, I wouldn't look for a HC in either football or basketball unless it was a no brainier. I just wish more people would realize exactly what you just said that some of us have been saying since leaving CBS. We aren't a major force in the grand landscape. We can make noise, but we ain't at the Elite level.

This started when unrealistic expectations were placed on Dana. When the same expectation was placed on Huggy, who is a future HOF, it was funny to see how people reacted. I do expect more out of Huggy due to his experience. I didn't care that Huggy came in second again in the Big 12. Well, a little. I do feel that he should make it to the Eite 8 due to his senior led team and the experience that returned. This I was similar to what is expected out of Dana with his senior led QB and returning talent. Some are demanding that Dana should win the Big 12 championship this season. Maybe that should be the expectation for this season. Is Dana the right guy for the job? To me, this contract will be the make or break contract. Do I expect a NC? No. Do I expect at least 1 run at a conference title? Yes.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't kidding. Have been doing a ton of research. I know the Bible in general, but am by no means a Bible scholar!! Thanks for your well wishes, Mad!
I can't even see the ones in front of me on a daily basis let alone give thanks.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About spiritual gifts and God given talents, and their use in our everyday lives as well as our church lives.

Hey... if you need a Prelude to your book, I’ll be happy to write about how you lie to us everyday making shit up about our football team’s past... or things you think we’ve posted when you call us out on this site.

Just let me know...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some have real lives outside of this web site, others, unfortunately do not.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying to help a brother out...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is my comment on that excuse its "West Virginia"....see Gonzaga...See Xavier

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey... if you need a Prelude to your book, I’ll be happy to write about how you lie to us everyday making shit up about our football team’s past... or things you think we’ve posted when you call us out on this site.

Just let me know...

Man you didn't even give the guy a chance to sit down and settle in!! :lol:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we couldn't bring one of these coaches here, but you feel that if 1 of these coaches did come here that the talent wouldn't follow? Roy had the talent in Kansas and was very successful. He went back home to coach at a school that Dean built and carried on the success. Similar to what Huggy has down.

A few years ago, I mentioned Andy Toole who is the HC of Robert Morris University. Lately, his teams haven't been too hot. I felt that his youth made him connect with this different generation. In all reality, I wouldn't look for a HC in either football or basketball unless it was a no brainier. I just wish more people would realize exactly what you just said that some of us have been saying since leaving CBS. We aren't a major force in the grand landscape. We can make noise, but we ain't at the Elite level.

This started when unrealistic expectations were placed on Dana. When the same expectation was placed on Huggy, who is a future HOF, it was funny to see how people reacted. I do expect more out of Huggy due to his experience. I didn't care that Huggy came in second again in the Big 12. Well, a little. I do feel that he should make it to the Eite 8 due to his senior led team and the experience that returned. This I was similar to what is expected out of Dana with his senior led QB and returning talent. Some are demanding that Dana should win the Big 12 championship this season. Maybe that should be the expectation for this season. Is Dana the right guy for the job? To me, this contract will be the make or break contract. Do I expect a NC? No. Do I expect at least 1 run at a conference title? Yes.

I’m just glad that we are competitive and the games draw and are fun to go to. Huggs and Dana, as with every coach that has been at WVU, have not been able,to draw top talent to the school. Going back to Bowden, Nehlen and even Catlett, WVU has had coaches that produced teams much better than the quality and depth of players that came here. Winning an NC in either sport would make that coach Legondary. At places like WVU or Cincinnati, you need a bit of luck and a great. Player or two. JC could be that guy.

This team has already exceeded my expectations.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my comment on that excuse its "West Virginia"....see Gonzaga...See Xavier

Gonzaga and Xavier, make a good comparison to us. Successful teams that don't draw the top talent.

Both of those teams have appeared in the sweet 16 like us in the last 4 years. No NC's for any though.

All have Elite coaches

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzaga and Xavier, make a good comparison to us. Successful teams that don't draw the top talent.

Both of those teams have appeared in the sweet 16 like us in the last 4 years. No NC's for any though.

All have Elite coaches
How do you define Elite?