• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malcolm Mitchell To IR

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knee issues since college.

This is not a good sign for Malcom long term availability.
Bill must have known this was going to happen a d needed to pull the trigger on Dorsett quick once Edelman we t down.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If BB knew why didn't he retain Carr?

Oh well next man up.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that QB, it doesnt matter who the WRs are

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better check out some practice squads around the league.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarcus Ayers would be a nice fit. He's got talent, trust me. He played pretty decent for Pittsburgh last year.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Dola out, Ayers sounds better all the time. For a true slot receiver, ex-Pat Jeremy Ebert might be a fit.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If BB knew why didn't he retain Carr?

Oh well next man up.

I guess I should not be upset but we already knew that Mitchell was possibly going to IR.
No doubt we should have kept Austin Carr. I'm calling this a fail for BB.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, Players on the Patriots MUST be able to do more than one thing. The only exceptions to that rule are quarterbacks and place kicker. The punter must be able to hold for the kicker.

Carr was a good receiver, but could not do anything else. Has never handled punts or kickoffs so unless he could do something else, he was expendable. Belichick and Caserio are pouring over every potential player available.

Somewhere out there in America is a Julian Edelman clone and a Randy Moss clone.............the trick is to find them..........

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should not be upset but we already knew that Mitchell was possibly going to IR.
No doubt we should have kept Austin Carr. I'm calling this a fail for BB.....
Bad gamble if that was his thinking? That kid haf a lot of buzz surrounding him.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats have had tryouts for several wide receivers over the past few days. With so many of them, it is possible BB will look to add the most compatible one to the roster. That would be someone who has the capacity to be a horizontal threat and, hopefully, return punts or kickoffs.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, Players on the Patriots MUST be able to do more than one thing. The only exceptions to that rule are quarterbacks and place kicker. The punter must be able to hold for the kicker.

That's not true. How many kick/punt return yards or tackles did L. Blount have last year? How many catches did M. Slater have as a WR? He's special teams solely. I think Carr could do better than McCourty and his lofty 4 yard average on kick returns last year if he had too return them. Yeah, it's nice if they can do several things. But I'd rather have a guy who can do one thing very well like Carr and catching the ball over a guy who does 2 things average.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carr was a good receiver, but could not do anything else. Has never handled punts or kickoffs so unless he could do something else, he was expendable. Belichick and Caserio are pouring over every potential player available.

Somewhere out there in America is a Julian Edelman clone and a Randy Moss clone.............the trick is to find them..........

Edelman and Moss are 2 pretty rare style of players though. Moss has pretty much cemented himself as the 2nd best WR of all-time behind Jerry Rice. You are not finding a Randy Moss even on an NFL roster right now. Edelman isn't to that level obviously but you will not find a WR that can do more for his team than Edelman. His ability to run, catch, throw, help on special teams, and be the 2nd smartest player on the field behind Brady is not easy to find.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true. How many kick/punt return yards or tackles did L. Blount have last year? How many catches did M. Slater have as a WR? He's special teams solely. I think Carr could do better than McCourty and his lofty 4 yard average on kick returns last year if he had too return them. Yeah, it's nice if they can do several things. But I'd rather have a guy who can do one thing very well like Carr and catching the ball over a guy who does 2 things average.
Blount has returned kickoffs on many occaisions. as a matter of fact, when Ridley was on the team and for a short period of time was considered a stud back, Blount earned his pt by being a returner.

Also, Slater does line up as a WR through out the season. Not often, but his lack of reps due to his special teams play is probably the main reason.

Versatility IS the rule and usually the exception is a player who's role is too vital to risk injury.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Charlie..............I'm not sure what your problem is, but you seem to have a great deal of difficulty dealing with anyone or anything said that disagrees with your point of view. I've only been a Patriots fan since I was 10. Before that I was a NY Giants fan. Why? Because I was 10 in 1960. 1960, that year the AFL was formed. I knew and loved guys like babe Parelli, Jim Nance and John Smith.

LaGarrett Blount returned kickoffs for the Patriots. Mathew Slater has returned kickoffs as late as 2016. He also has played wide receiver and Safety. Austin Carr has proved NOTHING in the NFL. You have him on some pedestal as the next Edelman or Jerry Rice. He hasn't caught a football in a real game yet. Take a breath.
He had a great Senior year in college. Since your so knowledgeable why aren't you coaching in the NFL, the guy who's decisions your shitting on wears 9 Super Bowl Rings as an Asst. Coach, Defensive Coordinator and Head Coach...........I tend to trust his judgment more than the 3000 guys buzzing around SportsHoopla.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount has returned kickoffs on many occaisions. as a matter of fact, when Ridley was on the team and for a short period of time was considered a stud back, Blount earned his pt by being a returner.

Also, Slater does line up as a WR through out the season. Not often, but his lack of reps due to his special teams play is probably the main reason.

Versatility IS the rule and usually the exception is a player who's role is too vital to risk injury.

How many returns did he have last year? Zero. How many catches for Slater last year? Zero. I'm sure they could put Carr on kickoffs and he could run down the field and make a tackle if needed to. How many guys need to play special teams? Like I said, now we take a lesser WR because we need one to play 3rd string kick off duties?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many returns did he have last year? Zero. How many catches for Slater last year? Zero. I'm sure they could put Carr on kickoffs and he could run down the field and make a tackle if needed to. How many guys need to play special teams? Like I said, now we take a lesser WR because we need one to play 3rd string kick off duties?
Those two have earned their stripes. They both are versatile and have proven it. Their stats LAST YEAR aren't relevant. Can't you appreciate this is BB's team and he wins a lot more than he loses and manages his roster better than anyone else. You can't pick one example and judge it without factoring in every other personell decision.