• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Make Garrett earn his job next year

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Jerry decided to fire Kiffen but keep JG, I'm for cleaning up the teams salary cap next season. Hatcher came out and said he's getting what he's worth, so he is gone. Austin has to go, Williams has proven he is more than capable of taking his spot. Obviously Spencer is gone. Ware hinted he would take a pay cut, if so, keep him, if not, Adios. Romo and Carr are going to rework their deals to help the team. Locking up Smith, Dez and Murray should be at the top of the to do list, although, Murray would make more sense if we had a coach that would give him the damn ball. Draft heavy on defense. If JG makes the playoffs with that, GREAT. If not, at least the new coach will have a fighting chance the next year

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin Fired? ..... I see no report on that.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I kind of wonder if spencer could comr back at a discount? I don't see many teams offering him a big contract at his age and the knee issue

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen any Kiffin news. I feel for the guy having to go through 19 different DLmen. I agree in getting rid of Austin.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I kind of wonder if spencer could comr back at a discount? I don't see many teams offering him a big contract at his age and the knee issue

Some think that Spencer will come back at a discount for that very reason.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's assume for a second that Jerry came to his senses and cleared house, who would you guys want to come in? Offensive/Defensive minded guy?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to rework romo again? I can't imagine how much more of a disaster they can make that deal.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's assume for a second that Jerry came to his senses and cleared house, who would you guys want to come in? Offensive/Defensive minded guy?

Although our offense seems stale at times, I dont think you can bring in an offensive guy simply because your QB wont be ready to May at the earliest. One thing I noticed with Orton last night was he was a lot more decisive than Romo, meaning he got rid of the ball quicker. Sure there were drives where he hit the check down for a yard or 2 and the drives stalled. I know the line did a great job but Orton was pressured only a few times and never sacked. Romo obviously looks for the bigger play and seems to get everyone involved, whereas Orton basically relied on Wit and Murray early. I loved the game plan .

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check downs are good @ points in the game, but you have to be able to push the ball down the field & score TDs in the redzone. The Boyz missed Romo in both those aspects last night. No doubt in my mind had Romo played along with that defensive effort last night the Boyz would be hosting a home playoff game. Although they would have gotten monkey stumped by the Saints....

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check downs are good @ points in the game, but you have to be able to push the ball down the field & score TDs in the redzone. The Boyz missed Romo in both those aspects last night. No doubt in my mind had Romo played along with that defensive effort last night the Boyz would be hosting a home playoff game. Although they would have gotten monkey stumped by the Saints....

I agree, and there where times last night I thought Orton gave up too soon and hit his check down. He wasn't rushed a lot and was never sacked. Romo does hold onto the ball a little long sometimes, but he has that ability to scramble when he has to as to where Orton does not. Romo would have had 500 yards last night, at least I could have seen that anyways.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but we knew Ort wasnt going to extend plays. He had options quickly. We have seen times where Romo was being blitzed and his WRs had their backs turned 10 yards down the field. The play where the Cole came hard off the edge and Ort threw it up and it was knocked away in the end zone- I just wonder what Romo would have done. Would he have fallen down, or would he have done his spin and found somebody wide open.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to rework romo again? I can't imagine how much more of a disaster they can make that deal.

They are going to rework it every couple of years, converting salary to signing bonus to create space. Reworking Romo, Ware and Carr will be how they get under the cap

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lil Stephen j said they will focus on d-line this off season(duh, one year too late). In Jones speak, that means another tight end.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes so should lil red. This will be the 3rd D-coordinator fired.....

I tend to agree. At what point does Garrett get held accountable. Wade deserved the door. Ryan wasn't a good fit here, but was scapegoated. You can't keep getting rid of everyone else and keep the guy most responsible...the Head Coach. Plus, if the choice on Ryan to Kiffen was Garrett's he needs to be held responsible if the DC is being blamed for what happened. If the decision was Jerry's, well then it really doesn't matter who the coach is if the owner is still pulling the strings...