• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Lucroy's Brewers visit the Rangers, 9/26-9/28

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man. It's posts like these which get you criticized so often. The Red Sox absolutely do want that #1 seed. They were pissed when the Yankees walked that off. They didn't lose on purpose. That's ridiculous.

And I think you've talked yourself too much into this whole #2 is better theory. What you're forgetting is that the #2 and #3 teams have to face each others' aces in Game 1. The #1 seed gets to face the Wild Card winner's #2.

It's not even guaranteed that the Rangers would face the Blue Jays. The Jays aren't even guaranteed of a Wild Card spot. They've had a bad September. It's still possible that Detroit and Baltimore take the 2 WC spots. And even if the Jays do get a WC spot, they might lose that game. The Indians are no slouch, even without Carrasco and Salazar. Kluber + Bauer with Miller in the pen isn't an easy win.

Really in all of this the main thing is our pitchers esp starters to do well and hitters to get hot regardless of who we play. Better to just win. Not fluke in. Good points here Will

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears to me that the Red Sox and Indians don't want the #1 seed. Honestly, I'm not sure why we do. I'd rather play the Indians at home or on the road before the likely wild card team ( blue Jays). The Jays would have no fear coming to play us down here, they won both games in Arlington last year in the playoff series. Bad matchup.
We are a different team with a mean right hook now. :-)

I think Boston does want HFA. How else are they going to beat a playoff contender without the ridiculous green monster? Warning track fly balls anywhere else.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think so. Just not something Banny would do. Dude (Desmond) got us to where we are.
He did something similar to Colby last year though. I doubt it happens, but just wondered about the possibility.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well HF in the ALDS is just about sewn up. One more Ranger win or one more Indian loss takes care of that. The 1 seed would be ok. But the way our SP has been lately facing Cabrera or Bautista/Donaldson for an entire series could be really rough. If we get the 1 seed best shot of advancing is probably facing Baltimore. The 2 seed matchup with Cleveland looks ok as well considering their injuries but they can put up some crooked numbers.

Doesn't really matter gotta beat whoever is in front of you. But watching Lewis, Hamels, and Perez really struggle in last outings is a big concern no matter who we get in the 1st round.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all assuming that Choo is able to stay healthy all the way to the WS and that may not be a safe assumptuon.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was penciling in him in for DH, but maybe Choo would be the DH. I was mainly wondering if they would go with Mazara over Desmond as he has hit better than Ian the last few weeks.
Sorry but no way. I like Mazara but his OF skills are still much to be desired.

Only problem playing Beltran too often in RF is his hammy issues.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did something similar to Colby last year though. I doubt it happens, but just wondered about the possibility.
The Colby situation was a bit different. I think the headshed knew of his knee issues and took a pass and let Holland pitch instead. But if Colby was ready to go that was on Banny. The BJs last year were an average team against RH starters. Case in point the good start by Gallardo.

2015 AL Division Series - Toronto Blue Jays over Texas Rangers (3-2) | Baseball-Reference.com

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well HF in the ALDS is just about sewn up. One more Ranger win or one more Indian loss takes care of that. The 1 seed would be ok. But the way our SP has been lately facing Cabrera or Bautista/Donaldson for an entire series could be really rough. If we get the 1 seed best shot of advancing is probably facing Baltimore. The 2 seed matchup with Cleveland looks ok as well considering their injuries but they can put up some crooked numbers.

Doesn't really matter gotta beat whoever is in front of you. But watching Lewis, Hamels, and Perez really struggle in last outings is a big concern no matter who we get in the 1st round.
Different year different team and different posture. Our SP and RP was smoked going into the postseason last year as we were battling the Angels and Astros going into the final home stand.

We are in much better shape.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bautista is trash and Donaldson is hurt (he can barely run the bases right now). I'd be more worried about Encarnacion than either of those two roid heads.

Toronto's pitching is also weak. They have no true ace, just Stroman, Happ (who has faded a bit), Estrada, and Sanchez. That's nothing to be scared about. And the back end of their bullpen is a disaster right now, with Osuna struggling as of late, Benoit tearing his calf muscle and out for the season, and Grilli getting absolutely shelled for the last month or so.

There's a reason the Jays have a losing record over their last 3 weeks. I'm not scared of them at all.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bautista is trash and Donaldson is hurt (he can barely run the bases right now). I'd be more worried about Encarnacion than either of those two roid heads.

Toronto's pitching is also weak. They have no true ace, just Stroman, Happ (who has faded a bit), Estrada, and Sanchez. That's nothing to be scared about. And the back end of their bullpen is a disaster right now, with Osuna struggling as of late, Benoit tearing his calf muscle and out for the season, and Grilli getting absolutely shelled for the last month or so.

There's a reason the Jays have a losing record over their last 3 weeks. I'm not scared of them at all.

Who would you like to see us face in the first round?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You say Cabrera but right now Baltimore is ahead of Detroit.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think so. Just not something Banny would do. Dude (Desmond) got us to where we are.
If Banny goes with who brought us to where we are would he be more likely to play Mazara than Choo?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Banny goes with who brought us to where we are would he be more likely to play Mazara than Choo?
I agree with Romeo. Choo's experience and OBP trumps Maz on this. Maz's time is coming. To be honest as of now I am not real excited about Desmond as I am not seeing him really snapping out of things and really driving the ball on a consistent basis but his experience and speed will keep him in there.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Romeo. Choo's experience and OBP trumps Maz on this. Maz's time is coming. To be honest as of now I am not real excited about Desmond as I am not seeing him really snapping out of things and really driving the ball on a consistent basis but his experience and speed will keep him in there.

Desmond has smoked a few balls back the other way including one last night. He's showing flickers of getting back to at least decent.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget they got Feldman at the deadline....could be trouble..../s

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was a good counterpoint. In which I offer on the one hand a veteran player vs. a first year rook.