• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Love the Groce Hire.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Beckman are you kidding me. Been following the Illini for a good 40+ years.
Football brings more revenue to the school than any other sport. You'd think they could get a capable person to run the football program. The AD should have been fired before the signing of Beckman.
Just for his stupidity. Il can afford a top notch coach (yes I know they are still paying previous coaches). But a MAC guy who will be recruiting Ohio, wouldn't have been my choice.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckman was a coach on the rise before this season though sir

as it turns out his offensive coordinator Matt Campbell may have been the brains behind the operation, you guys weren't too lucky in that case, though I will say that more research could have been used for it.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckman was a coach on the rise before this season though sir

as it turns out his offensive coordinator Matt Campbell may have been the brains behind the operation, you guys weren't too lucky in that case, though I will say that more research could have been used for it.
Just think they could have hired some one who knows how to recruit Chicago & Burbs, Florida ,Texas & California. Where most of the good college players come from.
Ron Zook couldn't coach a kid to the toilet. But he could recruit talented ball players. Which made the team somewhat interesting to follow.
Been watching the big ten replay games. And Really like what Pat Fitzgerald has done with North Western. I'll probably start watching them more closely than IL. I think w/ Beckman they won't be good ever.
:lol:Not too many Illini fans here.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzgerald may very well be the best coach in the B1G. For what he has done with what he has to work with you can't beat him.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think they could have hired some one who knows how to recruit Chicago & Burbs, Florida ,Texas & California. Where most of the good college players come from.
Ron Zook couldn't coach a kid to the toilet. But he could recruit talented ball players. Which made the team somewhat interesting to follow.
Been watching the big ten replay games. And Really like what Pat Fitzgerald has done with North Western. I'll probably start watching them more closely than IL. I think w/ Beckman they won't be good ever.
:lol:Not too many Illini fans here.

We had some Illini fans when they were 6-0 a few years ago, they disappeared when they started losing though. Zook would be an asset as a position coach or coordinator with his recruiting ability, like you said though he can't coach those players though. Beckman is already on the hotseat so it may not be much longer.

Fitzgerald may very well be the best coach in the B1G. For what he has done with what he has to work with you can't beat him.

This here is reasonable, he is an incredible coach it's amazing what he's doing at Northwestern right now, he's got possibly his best team this year, yet they're not getting any respect in the preseason polls :L

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't think the new AD wants to pay 3 football HCs at the same time . So I expect Beckman to fulfill his contract.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3