• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lou Williams has the highest value

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. The Lakers get a late first round pick for a quality 6th man. Not a bad deal but it doesn't seem like a great deal to me.

When you consider that most "experts" thought they'd get two 2nd rounders at best and most likely, just a second rounder, I'm not complaining.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could not have been that simple. Vlade would have been insane not to do it.

It had to be something like Lakers were offering Randle or Russell ... maybe Clarkson ... plus future pick -- but the Kings said Ingram had to be part of the package. At that point, Lakers said they would not add Ingram to the package (or replace Clarkson with Ingram).
Yes I understand that but when one of the best centers is being offered to you then Clarkson, Ingram and a few drafts is worth it. You would have the closest thing to another Shaq, or A healthy Bynum and the Superstar you need and that was the vision Jeannie felt Kupchak didn't see and the reason Kupchak is toast

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was criticizing the Lakers for not dealing Ingram for Cousins. The reports are that the Kings were trying hard for Ingram.
The key to the deal was Ingram and the others were small potatoes. The Lakers would have had one he'll of a player for next year

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you consider that most "experts" thought they'd get two 2nd rounders at best and most likely, just a second rounder, I'm not complaining.

Like I said, I don't think it was a bad trade for the Lakers. I just don't think it was that great a deal for them. About what you would expect for a guy having a great year.

Probably the best part of the trade is that the Lakers are likely to REALLY stink now. Apparently they were Nets level terrible when Williams wasn't on the floor.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to the deal was Ingram and the others were small potatoes. The Lakers would have had one he'll of a player for next year

People were trying to say it was Ingram for Cousins & Buss/Mitch said no.

No way that was the trade.

I'm guessing Lakers offered Randle/Clarkson/pick for Cousins. Kings said it had to be Randle/Ingram/pick ... and Lakers said no.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers would have had Cousins one complete season to make him feel wanted and needed for a title run. A big center that could have stopped the opponents

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually everyone has been saying a late first rounder (and not necessarily another player) for Williams. This is about what everyone has been saying was fair.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I don't think it was a bad trade for the Lakers. I just don't think it was that great a deal for them. About what you would expect for a guy having a great year.

Probably the best part of the trade is that the Lakers are likely to REALLY stink now. Apparently they were Nets level terrible when Williams wasn't on the floor.
Seems to be the Lakers intention not to mention that. The rookies will get the playing time they need

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he was their leading scorer. I don't know about Nets level terrible, but they're pretty bad.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually everyone has been saying a late first rounder (and not necessarily another player) for Williams. This is about what everyone has been saying was fair.

Most of what I was hearing was second rounder and at best 2 second rounders.At least that's was said here locally.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he was their leading scorer. I don't know about Nets level terrible, but they're pretty bad.

The Nets are -8.8 scoring per game. The Lakers without Williams on the court have been -12.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People were trying to say it was Ingram for Cousins & Buss/Mitch said no.

No way that was the trade.

I'm guessing Lakers offered Randle/Clarkson/pick for Cousins. Kings said it had to be Randle/Ingram/pick ... and Lakers said no.
I would have been fine with the Clarkson and Ingram. I knew there we're others, Just not enough time to post their names. Giving up RANDLE and Ingram for me would be okay if Cousins were younger. He is only 27 but will be 30 by the time the Lakers make a run. And still you would only need one big signing to be relevent

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of what I was hearing was second rounder and at best 2 second rounders.At least that's was said here locally.
Rockets are to high in the standings for a second round to have any value

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before there season there were some that were predicting a .500 season from the Lakers. I always thought that was highly unlikely but I did think 30 wins was doable.

I am really surprised that the younger players for the Lakers haven't developed much at all. Ingram you knew would take time given his frame but I really thought Randle would be a stud and that Russell would turn into a quality PG. It's still early for all of them but it is concerning for the Lakers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets are to high in the standings for a second round to have any value

I think 2 2nd rounders from a team like the Jazz or Nuggets would have been preferable to a late 20s pick from the Rockets. Not by a lot but just a little.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before there season there were some that were predicting a .500 season from the Lakers. I always thought that was highly unlikely but I did think 30 wins was doable.

I am really surprised that the younger players for the Lakers haven't developed much at all. Ingram you knew would take time given his frame but I really thought Randle would be a stud and that Russell would turn into a quality PG. It's still early for all of them but it is concerning for the Lakers.

I saw 30 as an outside possibility. I had them at 25-27 wins. There was so little (as in almost none) development of the young guys over the past couple of seasons under Byron, that it's almost like they are all rookies.

Luke is having to teach these guys some of the most basic things that players are supposed to learn in their first training camp. Like the importance of a daily routine for workouts, etc.

Basically, Luke looked at the lack of development and said: "I'm not judging these guys by wins and losses this season."

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? Who said the trade would have to be to the Rockets?
The trade was to the Rockets. I was pointing out that a second round pick from the Rockets for Lou does not help us. Even a first round is likely to be low

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2 2nd rounders from a team like the Jazz or Nuggets would have been preferable to a late 20s pick from the Rockets. Not by a lot but just a little.
Now that might or might not help but still is rather a first round from any team over the best 2nd round