• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lou Williams has the highest value

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the people approaching the deadline 6th man of the year candidate has the highest value.

The Lakers must sell high but im not sure any team will give the value. Suggestions?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would fit perfectly on the Wizards. They lack scoring punch off the bench and both Wall and Beal are playing too many minutes. He's my #1 hope for them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the people approaching the deadline 6th man of the year candidate has the highest value.

The Lakers must sell high but im not sure any team will give the value. Suggestions?

The Lakers should definitely sell high, but they have to make sure they don't get greedy. He definitely has value, but playoff teams (at least smart ones) aren't going to want to weaken other parts of their roster in order to add a player who likely still isn't going to get them past GSW, SAS or Cleveland.

If they could get a first round pick (or even a high 2nd round) along with a decent/promising young player, I'd be happy with that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers should definitely sell high, but they have to make sure they don't get greedy. He definitely has value, but playoff teams (at least smart ones) aren't going to want to weaken other parts of their roster in order to add a player who likely still isn't going to get them past GSW, SAS or Cleveland.

If they could get a first round pick (or even a high 2nd round) along with a decent/promising young player, I'd be happy with that.

I would be okay giving up a lottery protected first, but nothing more.

WIlliams would help the Wizards, but he doesn't have a ton of trade value.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be okay giving up a lottery protected first, but nothing more.

WIlliams would help the Wizards, but he doesn't have a ton of trade value.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to get a lottery pick for him anyway. A playoff team like the Wizards are the teams most likely to be interested in him and are unlikely to have a lottery pick anyway (unless it was from a trade with a team that currently sucks).

I think Lou does have decent value because he would definitely improve any team he went to, but he's not going to push anyone into the finals.

Another possibility I'd explore if I'm the Lakers would be maybe Williams and Mozgov or Deng for a first round or high 2nd round pick and an expiring contract or 2 in order to free up some cap space.

Mozgov could have some value as rim protector on a team that actually plays decent perimeter defense and Deng's experience could be valuable in the playoffs. There may be too many years left on those deals though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wouldn't expect to get a lottery pick for him anyway. A playoff team like the Wizards are the teams most likely to be interested in him and are unlikely to have a lottery pick anyway (unless it was from a trade with a team that currently sucks).

I think Lou does have decent value because he would definitely improve any team he went to, but he's not going to push anyone into the finals.

Another possibility I'd explore if I'm the Lakers would be maybe Williams and Mozgov or Deng for a first round or high 2nd round pick and an expiring contract or 2 in order to free up some cap space.

Mozgov could have some value as rim protector on a team that actually plays decent perimeter defense and Deng's experience could be valuable in the playoffs. There may be too many years left on those deals though.

Yeah. Those contracts will be difficult to move. Not interested in those guys. Taking on that contract would be a fair price for WIlliams, IMO.

Mozzy + WIlliams for a 2nd and an expiring contract would Be fair. Inclusion of Mozzy and/or Deng make the package much less appealing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, "highest value" is a relative term.

Is Andre Drummond avaliable as rumored? is PJ Tucker likely to be traded (a wing that can play some very solid D). Would the Bulls trade Jimmy Butler if they got a "God-father" offer?

I think Lou Williams has trade value- especially as there are basically no back court players on the market- but to say he has the "highest value" doesnt make any sense...

highest value of what? the guys on the Lakers they are willing to trade?-- id agree with that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Those contracts will be difficult to move. Not interested in those guys. Taking on that contract would be a fair price for WIlliams, IMO.

Mozzy + WIlliams for a 2nd and an expiring contract would Be fair. Inclusion of Mozzy and/or Deng make the package much less appealing.

Yeah, the Lakers should definitely try to move one or both of those if they can, but as you say, including them definitely makes it less appealing. Ultimately, it would depend on how much a team thinks Williams would help.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a report that Pacers put a 1st rounder on the table for help. I say go ahead and make it happen

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I maybe alone in my assessment, i think hes the most likely player to get traded that has a ton of value for any team that uses his services. Hes a tremendous scoring threat especially going up against a 2nd squad. I think the Lakers can get a first for him from a team that wants to win now.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a report that Pacers put a 1st rounder on the table for help. I say go ahead and make it happen
I would take it as well. The Lakers are winning that many more games with him.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, If there are any takers for Mozgov or Deng, I'd consider it to get out of those contracts, but Nick Young while is playing good and actually looks like a NBA player would be the one I would dump

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Question: I realize that you can't have too many first round draft picks, but it seems like to me that we already are saturated with first round draft picks. But it feels to me that the Lakers have enough of them to the point of developing their talent so that free agents of quality is possible. I personally believe it might easily be one more year before that can happen

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, If there are any takers for Mozgov or Deng, I'd consider it to get out of those contracts, but Nick Young while is playing good and actually looks like a NBA player would be the one I would dump

I would hate to use a useful trade piece just to dump salary. While those contracts are a burden, they aren't a problem just yet, as the kids aren't due for extensions.

Trading Lou for a pick has multiple positives; the pick itself, opening up more minutes for the kids to develop, and increasing the chance the Lakers keep their top 3 protected lottery pick this year by losing more.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate to use a useful trade piece just to dump salary. While those contracts are a burden, they aren't a problem just yet, as the kids aren't due for extensions.

Trading Lou for a pick has multiple positives; the pick itself, opening up more minutes for the kids to develop, and increasing the chance the Lakers keep their top 3 protected lottery pick this year by losing more.
Lakers not going to win more than 30 games, and the only way their chances drop more is if they could fall close to the record Brooklyn has - 9 wins and that's not happening. I think Luke has to play the kids regardless of who wins or loses at this point and get them ready for next season. That top three pick has caught my eye, but it's a lot to hope for that the Lakers would be that lucky again

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: I realize that you can't have too many first round draft picks, but it seems like to me that we already are saturated with first round draft picks. But it feels to me that the Lakers have enough of them to the point of developing their talent so that free agents of quality is possible. I personally believe it might easily be one more year before that can happen

FA's of quality may be possible, but with the CBA, teams are going to have to develop players more. First round picks are more likely to develop into star or even just contributing players than 2nd round guys. First round picks are also valuable assets in trades.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FA's of quality may be possible, but with the CBA, teams are going to have to develop players more. First round picks are more likely to develop into star or even just contributing players than 2nd round guys. First round picks are also valuable assets in trades.
O I don't disagree and on that note The Lakers were looking at Cousins which that pick might make it possible.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too. I like Williams a lot.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, there is a rumor of a trade for Butler involving Lou, Clarkson and Randle.