• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lostgolfballs.com......your experiences?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I've read, I'm giving them a try. Ordered 4 dozen Callaway Supersoft 5A grade, using the 10% code for the masters, tax, and $10 shipping, it ended up costing $45. So for less than a dollar a ball, for what many having reviewed as essentially identical to new with the 5A grade, I'm really interested to see how they play.

Have you ordered from them before, and if so, what type and grade did you go with? Reviews on them?

While many probably order ProVs, I really liked the super softs I played last season with the low compression. I don't notice any distance loss attributed to the ball (mostly inconsistent swings) and the feel around the greens is nice. Still carry 275 with the driver, which also means I'm using wedges or not full swings a lot for my approaches on the courses I play.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is definitely a huge market for barely used balls, those lost in the rough, water or other sneaky places. Best is to buy them from a gardener that picks them up from the grounds. Get a couple of dozen of practically new Pro Vs and Bridgestones for half price. What goes around comes around
:suds:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've bought ProV1Xs from them a few times. I've always been very satisfied with them. Always get at least 4A would be my only caution.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I inherited app. 6000 balls..................My Dad was avid golfer before he passed 4 yrs ago..........he had spent a lot of time on the course walking thru the weeds and banks of the creek looking for balls.

I`ve got more than a lifetime basement full of them..........and I just can`t seem to have given them away fast enough.
In my future mancave garage that's gonna be built,I`m going thru them and taking out all the Callaways(the brand he used)and gonna make a golfball tabletop bar out of them..........The rest will be given to the local HS.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I've read, I'm giving them a try. Ordered 4 dozen Callaway Supersoft 5A grade, using the 10% code for the masters, tax, and $10 shipping, it ended up costing $45. So for less than a dollar a ball, for what many having reviewed as essentially identical to new with the 5A grade, I'm really interested to see how they play.

Have you ordered from them before, and if so, what type and grade did you go with? Reviews on them?

While many probably order ProVs, I really liked the super softs I played last season with the low compression. I don't notice any distance loss attributed to the ball (mostly inconsistent swings) and the feel around the greens is nice. Still carry 275 with the driver, which also means I'm using wedges or not full swings a lot for my approaches on the courses I play.

I bought 4 dz new yellow Bridgestone 330 RSX for $118 shipped and I thought I got a deal. What you got was a steal of a deal. I don't pinch it good enough or consistently to stop most 2 pc balls close when I'm chipping. The only Callaway ball I've played recently is the Chrome Soft.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought 4 dz new yellow Bridgestone 330 RSX for $118 shipped and I thought I got a deal. What you got was a steal of a deal. I don't pinch it good enough or consistently to stop most 2 pc balls close when I'm chipping. The only Callaway ball I've played recently is the Chrome Soft.
Well my order isn't for new balls, but supposedly their highest grade of used balls. This grade would be as if someone played only a few strokes with the ball before it was lost. For $8.99/dz currently, regular $11.99, for that grade, I figured why not. With shipping and tax, I'm getting 48 balls that should be just like new for less than half price.

They've shipped and are supposed to arrive by the end of Thursday. When I get a chance, I'll try to take some pictures to post what they consider 5A grade and then follow up with how they perform if I get a chance to play a round in the near future.

I've played a few Chrome Softs I've found on the course and liked them well enough, but just really prefer the Supersoft feel and they're cheaper. I can't take full advantage of tour type balls yet, and can make more gains around the green in my opinion.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my order isn't for new balls, but supposedly their highest grade of used balls. This grade would be as if someone played only a few strokes with the ball before it was lost. For $8.99/dz currently, regular $11.99, for that grade, I figured why not. With shipping and tax, I'm getting 48 balls that should be just like new for less than half price.

They've shipped and are supposed to arrive by the end of Thursday. When I get a chance, I'll try to take some pictures to post what they consider 5A grade and then follow up with how they perform if I get a chance to play a round in the near future.

I've played a few Chrome Softs I've found on the course and liked them well enough, but just really prefer the Supersoft feel and they're cheaper. I can't take full advantage of tour type balls yet, and can make more gains around the green in my opinion.

Still...that's a great deal.

If I got the same performance around the greens with a 2 pc ball, I would save the cash too. Your skills are better than you think.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still...that's a great deal.

If I got the same performance around the greens with a 2 pc ball, I would save the cash too. Your skills are better than you think.

Oh, it is a great deal, especially if they're close to the performance of a new ball. I typically play found balls most of the time and only break out a new sleeve for tournaments or at better courses, so these should be right up my alley.

I'm typically a mid-high 80s guy who can occassionaly break 80, but can also go 95 when I'm off or had a handful of adult beverages. I know I could shave off a few strokes from 100 yards in where I'm not hitting full shots and not getting on the green in regulation. I'd like to say that I could concentrate more on shaping draws and cuts, but what will make the most impact to my game now would be the less than 100 yard half swing shots. Still nice to actually pull off a shaped shot I intended, but these are mainly off the tee or if I'm in desperation trying to hit an approach around some trees.

I used to play with the Titleist balata balls when I first really got into golf and the Supersoft reminds me a lot of the feel of those. Granted, it's been a couple decades since I played a balata, and I do like ProVs/etc, but can't justify the extra price when I know I've got more consistency with my own swing to work on that will make much more of a difference at this time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, it is a great deal, especially if they're close to the performance of a new ball. I typically play found balls most of the time and only break out a new sleeve for tournaments or at better courses, so these should be right up my alley.

I'm typically a mid-high 80s guy who can occassionaly break 80, but can also go 95 when I'm off or had a handful of adult beverages. I know I could shave off a few strokes from 100 yards in where I'm not hitting full shots and not getting on the green in regulation. I'd like to say that I could concentrate more on shaping draws and cuts, but what will make the most impact to my game now would be the less than 100 yard half swing shots. Still nice to actually pull off a shaped shot I intended, but these are mainly off the tee or if I'm in desperation trying to hit an approach around some trees.

I used to play with the Titleist balata balls when I first really got into golf and the Supersoft reminds me a lot of the feel of those. Granted, it's been a couple decades since I played a balata, and I do like ProVs/etc, but can't justify the extra price when I know I've got more consistency with my own swing to work on that will make much more of a difference at this time.

I might not hit it as far as you, but our scores are somewhat similar...77-87 is my normal range, with maybe 2 or 3 rounds >90 and 2 or 3 rounds <80 for the season which is about 50-60 rounds including a golf trip or two...I said I was going to post my scores again for an official hdcp, but the online options are good enough for now...maybe I'll start back playing in AM tourneys again. For now, I'm in a weekly 4some with a good group...competitive, play fast enough, can trust their scores. We don't have any rules on balls or anything, but we all tend to play the same ball every week. Two guys plays PV1s, I play the 330 RXS yellow, and our 4th plays Strixon

I am playing in a Mrytle Bch tourney in June @ Barefoot Resort, but they take 2 rounds and flight you off the aggregate for the final 2 rounds...24+ guys this yr...that should be fun.

Low compression ball...I still like the Wilson low compression balls (50/50, Zip) and they are cheap for new balls. They are not the best ball for clubhead speeds over 90, they don't go as far for me, but they are soft, great feel. Not the short game spin of the 330 RXS or any of the 3 pc balls. My game is still heavily reliant on chipping and putting to keep me at the low end of my range...when I do have that rare 10+ GIR day is when I'm posting sub 80 rds. I do go for most par 5s if I can because my full wedge game is not great or even comfortable. I'm more comfortable trying to get up and down from 30-40 yds than I am 100 which is probably not good.

I played the Titleist Professional back in the day....only because my neighbor would give me a couple of dz every yr...the balls that I paid for were mostly cheap Precepts.

Now...I can get thru the season with 3 dz balls so I don't mind spending $20-30 per dz to get balls that are normally $35-40+ per dz.

Since we're talking about balls...Costco has relaunched their 3 and 4 pc ball that were wildly popular...it's only online they say...$30 for 2 dz of the 4 pc...Kirkland....I missed the last opportunity...I don't need any balls now, but I'm going to get some this time anyway.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The few local courses I play are all public and have par 4s that range from 270 to 425. I can drive the shorter ones and have a wedge in hand for my second on the vast majority of others with my typical carry of 275ish off my driver. Whether it's a full swing or partial depends on if I'm inside 100 yards after the drive. On most of the par 5s, I can reach in two shots with my 4 iron, assuming I'm straight on both shots. On some practice rounds I'll tee off with the 4 iron, just so I can work more on my long/mid iron play, as otherwise it's driver, then wedge.

Distance is mostly a blessing, as even if I'm off a little, I'll still have a shorter club in hand for my approach. Then again, if I'm really off with the driver, I'm flirting with OB and the double bogeys or more sneak in to my round.

When I play with y brother and his co-workers, they're out for a good time with plenty in the cooler. There are a couple that can break 100, but most scores are between 105-120. So while I enjoy the comradely with them, it typically increases my scores. I do have a friend that shoots mid/low 80s, but we can only get together a few times a year and we both play off each other.

I may try the Wilson's after I run out of the Supersofts and may look into the Costco balls depending on how this order from Lostgolfballs goes.

Regardless, anytime I'm out on the course I have fun. If it's close to breaking 80, great. If I'm still breaking 100 while enjoying the conversation and a few beers, it's just as good. I'll never enter a singles tournament, so I'm not too worried about my own handicap.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The few local courses I play are all public and have par 4s that range from 270 to 425. I can drive the shorter ones and have a wedge in hand for my second on the vast majority of others with my typical carry of 275ish off my driver. Whether it's a full swing or partial depends on if I'm inside 100 yards after the drive. On most of the par 5s, I can reach in two shots with my 4 iron, assuming I'm straight on both shots. On some practice rounds I'll tee off with the 4 iron, just so I can work more on my long/mid iron play, as otherwise it's driver, then wedge.

Distance is mostly a blessing, as even if I'm off a little, I'll still have a shorter club in hand for my approach. Then again, if I'm really off with the driver, I'm flirting with OB and the double bogeys or more sneak in to my round.

When I play with y brother and his co-workers, they're out for a good time with plenty in the cooler. There are a couple that can break 100, but most scores are between 105-120. So while I enjoy the comradely with them, it typically increases my scores. I do have a friend that shoots mid/low 80s, but we can only get together a few times a year and we both play off each other.

I may try the Wilson's after I run out of the Supersofts and may look into the Costco balls depending on how this order from Lostgolfballs goes.

Regardless, anytime I'm out on the course I have fun. If it's close to breaking 80, great. If I'm still breaking 100 while enjoying the conversation and a few beers, it's just as good. I'll never enter a singles tournament, so I'm not too worried about my own handicap.

I'm 250-260ish with the driver and for the vast majority of courses we play...(either semiprivate or public) that's distance marries up well with the blue tee box. My home course, is not a great driving golf course...of the 13 driving holes, I typically hit driver on about 8 holes....the good of this group...we're all in the same scoring range so week in week out we're pushing to get the number down...fun competition.

If you like low compression balls and it seems like you do, the Wilson Zip or 50/50 are worth a shot...especially at that price...the Costco Kirkland Signature ball is PV1 like in performance....they're supposed to be limiting members to Qty 2 maximum, but I've seen where guys have ordered 8 dz, they will definitely sell out soon.

HDCP...I'm not either, but I will say...the AM tourneys I have played in are really fun, but if you're in the mid flights (85-90) or higher, the rounds just take way too long. The tourney I'm playing at Mrytle Bch I like the format in lieu of a true hdcp that most people fudge anyway....4 rounds...the 1st 2 two rounds, they take your aggregate score, divide by 2 and the final 2 rounds they flight you off that avg....dbl par pick up, inside the leather pick up...hopefully that keeps the pace going.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balls arrived yesterday, but didn't have a chance to check them until now. Ordered 4 dozen AAAAA grade Callaway Supersofts for $8.99/ dozen (current price, 11.99 regular). With tax and shipping (9.99), minus the 10% discount for the masters, price ended up being 42.35 which would be about half price of brand new.

They came packaged in one bag rather than 4 boxes of 12. I may have bought the 48 ball tub that comes in a plastic container for essentially the same price if I would've know and will do in the future.

All seem to be very good quality with 35/48 having essentially no marks whatsoever. A few may have had a slight discoloration on 1 dimple only.

The remaining 13 had either a logo or the previous owner added their mark. All look perfectly playable and up to the stated AAAAA grade standard (1 swing or less than 1 hole use).

Won't get a chance to actually play them for a little while but I'm very satisfied with the purchase from the visual inspection and would order again.

Last edited:

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20180413_125249.jpg 20180413_125900.jpg

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20180413_125923.jpg 20180413_125947.jpg

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 250-260ish with the driver and for the vast majority of courses we play....

Damn son, you're the only one on the internet that can't hit their driver over 300 yds. You need some serious help.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I've lost dozens

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would someone buy four dozen balls that don't go straight?