• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was not intentional grounding ... Russ was not throwing that ball away, he thought the receiver was running a corner route, WTF

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they lose at Dallas and win versus the Cards and finish 9-7. Don't think that'll be enough.

Hopefully this beat down will put a chip on their shoulder and they surprise me at Dallas.

This run defense looks really, really, bad. That's my bigger concern.

I thought first place on the line would have these guys motivated. I don't want to even think what Zeke could do next week.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what i think we need with the 1st pick. a 6'2 300 pound run stuffer or a 3-4 DE that specializes in run support

Would not mind a DB or G though

The tackling at the second level I think is the biggest issue. The d-line isn't the problem. The DBs and linebackers have been pitiful in their technique. I guess that is to be expected when you have your second string linebackers and DBs out there.

Seahawks really haven't drafted many linebackers over the years. This is what they get. These guys are great special teamers, but now that they're starting, they're not on special teams and if they are, they're gassed.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miss the playoffs and i think it forces the Hawks hands to make some moves with the coaching staff but do Pete and John HAVE THE BALLS to do so?

If they don't make the postseason, it will be the first time they've been in this position regards to taking a look at the coaching staff as a whole... I would be surprised if they're aren't any changes made to one or two of the coaching positions... Depends on who is available that fit the personnel we have on both sides of the ball... I'd like to see a new ST's coach for sure...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought first place on the line would have these guys motivated. I don't want to even think what Zeke could do next week.

Carroll's teams have always played well with shit on the line, that's why I'm so disappointed.

Credit to the fans for still being there. I would've headed straight to the bars at halftime.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for a Bennett blow up near the end of this game...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to be optimistic about stopping Zeke after giving up 200 plus rushing yards today...

You're so right. He's been caged for 6 weeks and I'm sure drooling like crazy to get after this run D.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tackling at the second level I think is the biggest issue. The d-line isn't the problem. The DBs and linebackers have been pitiful in their technique. I guess that is to be expected when you have your second string linebackers and DBs out there.

Seahawks really haven't drafted many linebackers over the years. This is what they get. These guys are great special teamers, but now that they're starting, they're not on special teams and if they are, they're gassed.

Maybe a Run Stuffer with some speed @ OLB .

But i wouldn't mind seeing some retooling of the LOB. Get some more DB's

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll's teams have always played well with shit on the line, that's why I'm so disappointed.

Credit to the fans for still being there. I would've headed straight to the bars at halftime.

Yep, there wasn't even a thought of getting crushed today.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't make the postseason, it will be the first time they've been in this position regards to taking a look at the coaching staff as a whole... I would be surprised if they're aren't any changes made to one or two of the coaching positions... Depends on who is available that fit the personnel we have on both sides of the ball... I'd like to see a new ST's coach for sure...
Did the special teams coach miss those tackles? Miss that kick?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all Seattle. Grew up in Renton, went to UW for undergrad and Stanford for my law degree. It's a geographical thing for me.

Born and raised in South Jersey. Dad's side of the family is from Tacoma and now their all around the Seattle area. Navy brought him over to the east coast and he and my mother decided to move to SJ once he got out. So I always root for the Seattle teams first and UW then most Philly teams next.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a Run Stuffer with some speed @ OLB .

But i wouldn't mind seeing some retooling of the LOB. Get some more DB's

Seahawks normally run a nickel package. The tackling by the DBs was pathetic, but I don't think we need more DBs. Griffin is a decent #2.

Speed isn't the issue at linebacker, we need more intelligence. These guys are fast but they don't commit to their gaps. That's the biggest issue. When K.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner are in there, they can't bounce out to the outside because they maintain their gaps.

DBs need a lesson on how to tackle. They all lunge like Earl Thomas does. Earl Thomas has poor technique but he still somehow brings people down. If you're a normal football player, you need to go for the center of gravity, not ankles. Earl Thomas is a freak and they try to tackle like him.

This game really shows how impressive Kam, Wagner, Wright and Sherman are.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the special teams coach miss those tackles? Miss that kick?

If you haven't been paying attention, ST's has been part of the problem this year - just like the offense... Take out the kicker and we still weren't that good... Only one phase of our team has been consistent and that has been the defense for the most part...

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2017 SPECIAL TEAMS RATINGS... We're going to drop even further down after today's game...

Carry on and go cry on someone else shoulder please...

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so glad i didn't get a chance to watch the game. Doing work stuff and have no time to even read the game thread. Jump on here check score and post then back to work.

You all don't have a clue how happy i am that i was unable to even watch a single play of the game. A game like this i might have thrown something through my TV.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so glad i didn't get a chance to watch the game. Doing work stuff and have no time to even read the game thread. Jump on here check score and post then back to work.

You all don't have a clue how happy i am that i was unable to even watch a single play of the game. A game like this i might have thrown something through my TV.

It was brutal. First time I felt the team wasn't ready to play in a long time.