• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Lakers @ Los Angeles Clippers, 01/14/17, 3:30PM EST

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant is having problems in GS. I wonder if could lure him away. We sure could use his leadership, star power, and just talent level.
hes exactly what we need. I really thought we had a chance to lure him away but hopefully GS doesnt win s hit and its on the table as a possibility.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant is having problems in GS. I wonder if could lure him away. We sure could use his leadership, star power, and just talent level.

Don't see it happening, imo.

1. The only way to get him before 2018 would be via trade and the Lakers would have to give up waaay too much of what would make them appealing.

2. He does become a UFA in 2018. However, unless the Lakers figure out a way to unload a fairly significant amount of salary, they won't have the cap space.

Having said the above, when he does become a UFA, he will only be 29 years old and our young guys will hopefully have continued to develop to the point that the Lakers become an attractive option. If they could find a way to unload enough to get under the cap and if the young guys have developed well. Maybe? But doubtful.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell looked hurt. He needs to rest if he's not 100%. Losing Russell hurts more than any other player on the team. He's the only playmaker capable of feeding Mozgov effectively. When he goes down both he and Mozgov are effectively missing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I agree totally with you Outlaw because Brandon Ingram is coming along quite nicely as a 6-9, 6-10 point guard and he passes almost as good as Russell to Mosgov. He did quite well in the Clippers game to impress the Clippers announcers of all people.