• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

loooooong season

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Blue Jackets won't really be in position to build a team for the rest of the decade because of those contracts. 2020 can't come fast enough for Blue Jacket fans.
I know a few teams who were salary cap disasters. The Blackhawks and Bruins were pretty bad.But the blue jackets took that to a whole new level.Columbus is bogged down with terrible contracts. With over paid players that are going to be extremely difficult to move. Between clauses,injuriy histories and declined performance. Their future is bleak on several levels

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a few teams who were salary cap disasters. The Blackhawks and Bruins were pretty bad.But the blue jackets took that to a whole new level.Columbus is bogged down with terrible contracts. With over paid players that are going to be extremely difficult to move. Between clauses,injuriy histories and declined performance. Their future is bleak on several levels
David Clarkson for $5.25 million year year until 2020.
Brandon Dubinsky for $5.85 million until 2021
Sergei Bobrovsky for $7.425 million until 2019
Scott Hartnell for $$4.75 million until 2019

And they still got Jack Johnson for $4.36 million until 2018.

:L

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Clarkson for $5.25 million year year until 2020.
Brandon Dubinsky for $5.85 million until 2021
Sergei Bobrovsky for $7.425 million until 2019
Scott Hartnell for $$4.75 million until 2019

And they still got Jack Johnson for $4.36 million until 2018.

:L
Possibly the worst cap situation in NHL cap history :L
Screen%20Shot%202016-06-22%20at%201.44.53%20AM_zps783nlpon.png

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your going to love the last rumor i read. It would be a cap move. To be honest I hate the thought of giving up Blandisi. The kid is going to be a top tier forward imo. And I cant see the Devils taking on that much cap. But the jackets do have Massive cap issues and have been rumored to be shopping the 3rd pick. Who knows my sarcasm may actually happen :dhd:

To Columbus:
Joseph Blandisi
41st overall

To New Jersey:
3rd overall
David Clarkson
Scott Hartnell
Oh wow......i hate taking on bad contracts along with moving Blandisi but getting the #3 is no joke here.....

sh*t.... i think it needs to be thought out but those bad contracts are bad...

but the #3 aka Jesse Puljajrvi damn....... idk.....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the jackets wouldn't even make that deal if the devils were willing. they dont need cap space they aren't tryign to win now and they know they will suck for the next few years.

the #3 pick makes the club next year say. give another year or two to develop and they are closer to those contracts being gone. also they are going to suck next year too so they are going to have another top 5 pick probably. #3 and say #5 next year? those are two nice young CHEAP prospects that will be hitting their nhl prime when these contracts are gone.

i like blendsi a lot! i think he has tons of upside i just really wish he would put a little weight on and the coaches have him just focus on his offensive game.

would i make this deal if i'm the devils? initial thought i would but just no point in having clarkson and hartnall here when this team could maybe make the playoffs this year and maybe compete in like 3-4 years time. those guys would still be on the roster no?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the jackets wouldn't even make that deal if the devils were willing. they dont need cap space they aren't tryign to win now and they know they will suck for the next few years.

the #3 pick makes the club next year say. give another year or two to develop and they are closer to those contracts being gone. also they are going to suck next year too so they are going to have another top 5 pick probably. #3 and say #5 next year? those are two nice young CHEAP prospects that will be hitting their nhl prime when these contracts are gone.

i like blendsi a lot! i think he has tons of upside i just really wish he would put a little weight on and the coaches have him just focus on his offensive game.

would i make this deal if i'm the devils? initial thought i would but just no point in having clarkson and hartnall here when this team could maybe make the playoffs this year and maybe compete in like 3-4 years time. those guys would still be on the roster no?
Dumping salary is why Columbus is shopping the third. That's the only reason they are entertaining giving up the third. The jackets cap is a mess.That chart doesn't even include bobs bad contract. I was acrually shocked when I saw how many top tier goalies are paid less than Columbus pays bob

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow......i hate taking on bad contracts along with moving Blandisi but getting the #3 is no joke here.....

I couldn't see it Blandisi would be giving up a lot of talent. And Im with Nasty Taking on bad long term contracts is not something I want. That 3rd overall pick is alluring tho. I didn't think there was any way columbus would give that up. Than i read more and there are shopping the pick. And remembered this is columbus :L Im still not sure how I would feel about it A lt of plus/minus in that potential trade

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i still think the 3rd has a lot more value then getting rid of some bad caps hits.

going back 5 years to 11 the players selected 3rd

11-huberduea
12-draistail
13-drouin
14-galchenychuk

all players hitting their strides now. why would the jackets want to help the devils become a power house in 3 years time then face them 6x a year?

columbus isn't going anywhere with the cap hits and they aren't going anywhere if they were able to move the cap hits.

looking at the level talent that comes at #3 i would make the move if i'm the devils. the owners are billionaires anyway so just throw clarkson and hartnall in the minors if they want to really win.

#6 last year
#3 this year
#11 this year

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
of course the nhl would allow a trade like this since there are no rules broken. but good lord would this look horrible for the nhl if a trade like this happened.

your basically trading draft picks for money! its one thing to do it for a guy that isn't playing or is for a year left on his deal but honestly it comes down to #3 pick for $10 million a year? which i dont think is what the nhl envisioned.

if you have rich enough owners you could easily buy the high draft picks and take on bad contracts. when those contracts are up your loaded with top tier talent.

i realized that hartnall and clarkson might have no movement so i doubt you could send them to the minors.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course the nhl would allow a trade like this since there are no rules broken. but good lord would this look horrible for the nhl if a trade like this happened.

your basically trading draft picks for money! its one thing to do it for a guy that isn't playing or is for a year left on his deal but honestly it comes down to #3 pick for $10 million a year? which i dont think is what the nhl envisioned.

if you have rich enough owners you could easily buy the high draft picks and take on bad contracts. when those contracts are up your loaded with top tier talent.

i realized that hartnall and clarkson might have no movement so i doubt you could send them to the minors.
Columbus is also going to have to pay Seth Jones. And you know he's getting a raise. Bobrovsky is making over 7 mil a year too.

Clarkson and Hartnell have no movement clauses. You would be looking at dressing two 5 million dollar fourth line forwards. And giving up Blandisi who has a ton of talent and upside. That would be an awful trade for the devils imo

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even the #1 pick would be worth Clarkson and Hartnell's contracts IMO. They would completely cripple the Devils from signing in or re-signing players for the rest of the decade. Best to stay away from the BJ's problems.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah dude, this is a cap strapped league. Taking on those contracts means you won't be able to build a team until 2020. Totally not worth it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough... i can listen to that counter.... still the #3rd overall pick... i mean... damn... it just really sux that the rumored deals coming back are so hurtful....
Even the #1 pick wouldn't be worth it IMO. You would have over $10 million in cap space tied to 2 dead weight players until 2019 if you agreed to this deal.