• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like they managed kept everyone

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did i miss any surprise cuts?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we kept our half pint Reno Mahe clone. We could have kept some more beef on the DL in J Hamilton. Everyone else is kind of forgettable.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i dont know if pumphrey will work but im gonna think he is closer to sproles than mahe lol he did lead the ncaa in yards i think

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look for some trades or other cuts yet to come. Maybe a strong RB, or solid LB'er?

Gerry was the only draftee that got cut.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look for some trades or other cuts yet to come. Maybe a strong RB, or solid LB'er?

Gerry was the only draftee that got cut.
The way Barkley ran today, he is gone for sure. He will leave after this season for sure. He will be the sexy top RB coming out.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Barkley ran today, he is gone for sure. He will leave after this season for sure. He will be the sexy top RB coming out.

I don't know about sexy, but he sure is better than your boy, Zeke, with all due respect. A little better in all facets of a RB, and that's not a knock on Zeke, just reality. A lot higher character too.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about sexy, but he sure is better than your boy, Zeke, with all due respect. A little better in all facets of a RB, and that's not a knock on Zeke, just reality. A lot higher character too.
Doubtful.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Horseshit

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful.

I wasn't trying to dis you at all, as you are one of the best posters here. I admit to being biased, but I really do think that Barkley is superior. I can't wait for the game v.s OSU. It should be great, although you probably have the edge, being in Columbus. I am not a OSU hater.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to dis you at all, as you are one of the best posters here. I admit to being biased, but I really do think that Barkley is superior. I can't wait for the game v.s OSU. It should be great, although you probably have the edge, being in Columbus. I am not a OSU hater.
I'm calling your bluff. lol. It's all good. I have no hate towards PSU. PSU is the only game I'm actually nervous about. That TE is the killer imo, moreso than Barkley. Our defensive line is our strength for sure. Nick Bosa is the man you will hear a ton about this season. Our secondary, it's noticeable they are new.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the roster makes sense with two exceptions. I would not have kept Pumphrey or Gibson. I would probably have gone with one fewer back and kept another OL and maybe TE Billy Brown, since Celek is old and likely gone after this season, and Jason Peters and Lane Johnson have not proven to be very reliable due to age and PEDs respectively.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Howie has done recently, especially regarding trades, and I think Douglas is very good as a scout/head of personnel, but I think they kept both of those two because they were drafted, and wanted to look good. Before Douglas, we haven't had too many great drafts. We'll see, but I think we reached on both of those guys, as well as Gerry, who I had not even heard of. I know that Gibson and Pumphrey are speed guys, but to me are lightweights, not bonafide NFL calibre players. I hope I'm wrong.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the roster makes sense with two exceptions. I would not have kept Pumphrey or Gibson. I would probably have gone with one fewer back and kept another OL and maybe TE Billy Brown, since Celek is old and likely gone after this season, and Jason Peters and Lane Johnson have not proven to be very reliable due to age and PEDs respectively.

I think - as suggested by some of the outlets - that Roseman and the staff played the long term game, and that a number of cuts and non-cuts were based on who would they be able to get on the practice squad, and who they would not.

Pumphrey and Gibson probably would not have made it through waivers, and would have been gone.

And although I do not think they were/are good enough to play come September (and have major doubts about Pumphrey long term), it would be a waste to throw them away right now, and not try and develop them for one more year. And as there was a reasonable chance they would have been claimed, that would effectively have meant throwing them away.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yes, bottom line is they will never be on the active roster this year unless we have injuries, anyway, but I find it hard to believe Pumphrey would have gotten picked up by anybody.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3