• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like there is a bidding war for Romo

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo as an analyst:pound:

Tony Romo is boring as fuck. I mean he seems nice and all but why the want for him as a TV guy??

He'd probably be really good. I mean Troy is about as boring a personality as you can get and he's on the A team at Fox.

Romo is really good on camera, has the name and pedigree, and is smart. I'm sure he'd be great in the booth.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Philly fans are about all their failed franchise QB's? Tony won as many SB's as all the Eagles QB's combined
How about playoff games? Tony Romo is the biggest joke of all time. Even bigger than McNabb.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd probably be really good. I mean Troy is about as boring a personality as you can get and he's on the A team at Fox.

Romo is really good on camera, has the name and pedigree, and is smart. I'm sure he'd be great in the booth.

He brings with him quite a bit of celebrity. I mean heck celebrities flock to Romo so yeah I think he would do just fine on tv.

Reactions: DJ

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He brings with him quite a bit of celebrity. I mean heck celebrities flock to Romo so yeah I think he would do just fine on tv.
Corny as fuck though. But at least they wouldn't have to put him on IR.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans owner: Jerry Jones 'between a rock and a hard place' in Cowboys' Tony Romo dilemma | SportsDay

"He saw the trade we made. He [Jerry Jones] wants to make a trade. I understand that. But he's between a rock and a hard place with that."

Bob McNair to USA TODAY

That was a dumb comment. From what I see, the only one who is between a rock and a hard place is the owner of a team with a championship defense and Tom Savage and Brandon Weeden as his QB's. Especially if the best "soon-to-be" available QB on the market decides to retire and go into broadcasting.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans owner: Jerry Jones 'between a rock and a hard place' in Cowboys' Tony Romo dilemma | SportsDay

That was a dumb comment. From what I see, the only one who is between a rock and a hard place is the owner of a team with a championship defense and Tom Savage and Brandon Weeden as his QB's. Especially if the best "soon-to-be" available QB on the market decides to retire and go into broadcasting.
I agree. I'd hate to be a fan of the Houston Texans. They deserve another year of sub QB play not willing to part with a 5th round pick. I understand Denver's position but not Houston's.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Romo will be good when and if he decides to give broadcasting a try.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I'd hate to be a fan of the Houston Texans. They deserve another year of sub QB play not willing to part with a 5th round pick. I understand Denver's position but not Houston's.
Houston is pretty much saying Dallas has zero leverage.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At the very least, he would be better than Phil Simms. A low bar... but an easy one to go above.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter
3 mins ·
Facebook Mentions
·
‪It's not just FOX in pursuit of Cowboys QB Tony Romo; it's also CBS making a strong push to add him to its team, per sources.‬

Is it true Fox offered him a hunting and fishing show....and he gets to join the NASCAR pre-race show?

NO way NBC would let him anywhere near Formula 1 and Golf...he'd get eaten alive.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is pretty much saying Dallas has zero leverage.

And they are correct

yep and they deserve another year of lacking NFL QB play.
Like I said...I'd hate to be a fan of this team

They've made the playoffs the past 2 seasons despite mediocre QB play. I wouldn't give up anything for Romo if i were Houston either. They clearly don't need him. Given his injury history, he's not worth giving up anything for when everyone knows he will eventually be released.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they are correct

They've made the playoffs the past 2 seasons despite mediocre QB play. I wouldn't give up anything for Romo if i were Houston either. They clearly don't need him. Given his injury history, he's not worth giving up anything for when everyone knows he will eventually be released.
oh they need him and if he comes available, Houston will show you that

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh they need him and if he comes available, Houston will show you that

I think that rings true.

Not necessarily right this moment, but down the line almost for sure.

They need more than they have at QB because Trent Dilfer has been done......

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard he blew the networks away in interviews. Great personality and can break the game down to a simplistic level