• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Jamal Adams

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably don't follow the NBA, but the Bulls took Derrick Rose first overall even though he had knee tendinitis. That condition ended up destroying his career. Although it's not the exact same condition, Allen has it in both shoulders and will probably affect him throughout his career. IDC if the medical staff clears him, I'd rather stay away.

I've also been hearing the Browns and the Niners are considering Trubisky at 1 and 2.

...and there are countless picks where their health was in question and it ended up not being a question after all.

In other words, your argument doesn't hold much water.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and there are countless picks where their health was in question and it ended up not being a question after all.

In other words, your argument doesn't hold much water.
Name some.

And I misspoke, he actually has arthritis in his shoulder. Arthritis can't be cured. It will cause pain, inflammation, and stiffness during and after playing. Playing in the NFL will only make it worse. This isn't like a freak injury like an Achilles tear or an ACL tear, in which players recover from. This is a condition he is going to feel every day, will not go away, and will cause his play to deteriorate quicker than others. It will also cause other injuries in the process. Drafting him at 3 would be a very poor choice IMO. There are defensive players that are just as talented to take without the injury issues.

If you can name a player entering the league with arthritis in both shoulders and still succeeded, I will back off my stance. However, I really hope His arthritis will keep the bears from drafting him.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like a great QB is going to be available to us in those years. I'm not so sure. This could be our best chance to get a pro bowler in Trubisky or Watson. We might go 8-8 next year and the top QBs are gone when we pick. Garrapolo might also be gone by then. Remember what it was like before the Grossman and Orton years? It was hell trying to find a great QB and we still haven't found one, unless you consider Cutler great. I'm not saying we should go QB in the first no doubt, but this could also be our only chance and 2 years down the road we might be kicking ourselves for passing on Trubs or Watson in favor of a DT with two bum shoulders or a Safety that didn't pan out like we thought.

All the talking heads talk like they know who will be pro bowlers and who won't, but nobody knows. The only reason they talk with such confidence is because everyone will forget about it a few months after the draft. They don't know anymore than you or I when it comes to who will succeed and who won't. Players they are bashing now could be running the NFL in a few years.

But these QBs have Cade McNown written all over them IMO... Could they be really good? Sure. Could they bust hard? Yes, they most certainly could.

Bottom line is you don't spend the 3rd overall pick to find out when you have other needs that can be filled with a player who is more of the "can't miss" variety...

Now, if we trade back into the middle of round 1, pick up some extra picks and get Watson? I can deal with that, but do NOT reach with this #3 pick...

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All indications say we will take Adams. Not super excited about drafting a safety but I get it. Pure talent wise Malik Hooker is supposedly a better playmaker however he has major injury baggage. It'll be interesting what we do after round one.

Hooker does not have injury baggage. Lattimore, the Ohio State CB has injury baggage. Hookers baggage is that he didn't start playing football until his junior year of high school and only started one season at Ohio State. Lot of inexperience there

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooker does not have injury baggage. Lattimore, the Ohio State CB has injury baggage. Hookers baggage is that he didn't start playing football until his junior year of high school and only started one season at Ohio State. Lot of inexperience there

He is referring to the shoulder and hernia surgery for Hooker.

I am watching the hockey part of town and yes, Bowman is not Pace, but it sure seems like eventually Pace is going to prove to me that he is making the roster decisions, not Fox. If they pick a QB at 3, I will call that a Pace choice. It looks like Cleveland is going to try to get the second pick and get Trubisky. There could be a push for Watson.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But these QBs have Cade McNown written all over them IMO... Could they be really good? Sure. Could they bust hard? Yes, they most certainly could.

Bottom line is you don't spend the 3rd overall pick to find out when you have other needs that can be filled with a player who is more of the "can't miss" variety...

Now, if we trade back into the middle of round 1, pick up some extra picks and get Watson? I can deal with that, but do NOT reach with this #3 pick...

I cannot think of anything more stupid than taking a QB at #3 at overall, for no other reason than; "we should take a QB".

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot think of anything more stupid than taking a QB at #3 at overall, for no other reason than; "we should take a QB".

I dunno know Rich.............if we choose a qb at no.1,then so be it. That does not mean that they take one for"'no other reason".
Theres a reason behind it I`m sure............plus who knows what next season brings..........Theres always that possibility that where ever we pick,there would be a reason not to take one then.....Whether it would be reaching,not worthy of the pick we have or if there would be one available......

But anyhow,can`t wait for tomorrow night............:nod:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno know Rich.............if we choose a qb at no.1,then so be it. That does not mean that they take one for"'no other reason".
Theres a reason behind it I`m sure............plus who knows what next season brings..........Theres always that possibility that where ever we pick,there would be a reason not to take one then.....Whether it would be reaching,not worthy of the pick we have or if there would be one available......

But anyhow,can`t wait for tomorrow night............:nod:

I'm not saying that if the Bears themselves decided to make that choice, that it would definitely be for that reason.

However, there are people in this thread saying we should take one simply because; "Hey, who knows where we'll pick next year?".

Which is basically saying; "Hey, I know we don't love either of these QB's, but let's make an organizational commitment to one, investing our entire future into him because... meh... I don't know... Who knows when we will pick next draft?"

Utterly silly

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like a great QB is going to be available to us in those years. I'm not so sure. This could be our best chance to get a pro bowler in Trubisky or Watson. We might go 8-8 next year and the top QBs are gone when we pick. Garrapolo might also be gone by then. Remember what it was like before the Grossman and Orton years? It was hell trying to find a great QB and we still haven't found one, unless you consider Cutler great. I'm not saying we should go QB in the first no doubt, but this could also be our only chance and 2 years down the road we might be kicking ourselves for passing on Trubs or Watson in favor of a DT with two bum shoulders or a Safety that didn't pan out like we thought.

All the talking heads talk like they know who will be pro bowlers and who won't, but nobody knows. The only reason they talk with such confidence is because everyone will forget about it a few months after the draft. They don't know anymore than you or I when it comes to who will succeed and who won't. Players they are bashing now could be running the NFL in a few years.

You act like a great QB is going to be available to us in those years. I'm not so sure.

That does not = "Take a QB this year, just because!". You never know when you're going to pick, or what QB will be available. That doesn't mean you reach for one now.

We might go 8-8 next year and the top QBs are gone when we pick.

See above again...

Remember what it was like before the Grossman and Orton years?

Rex and the QB's prior (McNown... etc...) are actually a great example of why you don't take a QB "just because!"

this could also be our only chance and 2 years down the road we might be kicking ourselves for passing on Trubs or Watson in favor of a DT with two bum shoulders or a Safety that didn't pan out like we thought.

This logic also works the other way.

"We could be kicking ourselves for reaching for a QB way too early, setting our franchise back even further and passing on a pro bowl DE or S like Adams or Allen/Thomas."

Taking a QB at #3 overall is a HUGE investment, and you don't do it reaching for guys that are borderline first round talents in any decent QB class "JUST BECAUSE"

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that if the Bears themselves decided to make that choice, that it would definitely be for that reason.

However, there are people in this thread saying we should take one simply because; "Hey, who knows where we'll pick next year?".

Which is basically saying; "Hey, I know we don't love either of these QB's, but let's make an organizational commitment to one, investing our entire future into him because... meh... I don't know... Who knows when we will pick next draft?"

Utterly silly

Well Pace and co. won`t take a qb for that reason........We all know this.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Pace and co. won`t take a qb for that reason........We all know this.

It does not seem that way.

I really doubt we take one of these two guys, unless we trade down. Which still may or may not be a possibility.

I do, however, think a QB on day 2 is quite possible.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name some.

And I misspoke, he actually has arthritis in his shoulder. Arthritis can't be cured. It will cause pain, inflammation, and stiffness during and after playing. Playing in the NFL will only make it worse. This isn't like a freak injury like an Achilles tear or an ACL tear, in which players recover from. This is a condition he is going to feel every day, will not go away, and will cause his play to deteriorate quicker than others. It will also cause other injuries in the process. Drafting him at 3 would be a very poor choice IMO. There are defensive players that are just as talented to take without the injury issues.

If you can name a player entering the league with arthritis in both shoulders and still succeeded, I will back off my stance. However, I really hope His arthritis will keep the bears from drafting him.

Do you actually think there has never been player in the history of the nfl draft who had injury question marks but still had a solid year in the pros? If you say no, then I don't have to name them.

Arthritis in his shoulders and i've read quotes from doctors who says his shoulders won't be a factor until well after he is retired. I certainly take their words over yours.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you actually think there has never been player in the history of the nfl draft who had injury question marks but still had a solid year in the pros? If you say no, then I don't have to name them.

Arthritis in his shoulders and i've read quotes from doctors who says his shoulders won't be a factor until well after he is retired. I certainly take their words over yours.
Yeah, I read those same quotes from Alabamas doctors. I take what they have to say with a grain of salt, once they are affiliated with the same University Allen attended and have no vested interest in actually passing alongside accurate info.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I read those same quotes from Alabamas doctors. I take what they have to say with a grain of salt, once they are affiliated with the same University Allen attended and have no vested interest in actually passing alongside accurate info.

So, you don't really have a reason to believe he'll have injury issues...

The reasoning seems to be; "His doctors may, or may not be embellishing the extent of his health".

Not sure that's a reason.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you don't really have a reason to believe he'll have injury issues...

The reasoning seems to be; "His doctors may, or may not be embellishing the extent of his health".

Not sure that's a reason.
I just don't like the injuries to both shoulders. If it were independent doctors, NFL doctors, or any doctors outside of UofA, I would give their opinions more weight. Arthritis in both shoulders before even entering the NFL is extremely rare. No matter what anyone says, that is a red flag. That alone makes him much more likely to reinjure his shoulders than anyone who doesn't have those issues.

The front office will take the BPA at 3. That probably means no QB. However, I hope they don't take someone who already has injury red flags. If Fournette is there, I think it would be a grave mistake to pass him up. It would be like passing on Aaron Rodgers for Cedric benson because we already had Grossman waiting.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest breaking rumor is the browns are going trubisky. You wonder how John Lynch can not choose a big leader DB in his first statement draft. I knew I would have to read one more BPA before this draft. Take that BPA second round down, but we NEED position players and preferably a position that will start.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest breaking rumor is the browns are going trubisky. You wonder how John Lynch can not choose a big leader DB in his first statement draft. I knew I would have to read one more BPA before this draft. Take that BPA second round down, but we NEED position players and preferably a position that will start.

Oh I hope the Browns do that... Not sure if San Fran would take Garrett then or not, but it means we either get Adams or Garrett and I'd be ecstatic with either.

Most mocks have us taking Lattimore at this point and don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's a great player as well at a key position, but Garrett is being touted as a freakish talent and Adams is not just a great player, but is said to be a defensive leader as well... Really hope we get one of them.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bottom line is that this is a propped up and inflated QB class... None of the so-called "experts" were high on this QB class. We've seen this before as leading up to the draft, QBs start shooting up the board for no other reason than they are the top two or three QBs in that particular draft... This seems like one of those years. There is no Elway, Manning or Luck in this draft and thus, no reason to take one at #3 overall...

I'd be happy with a Mahomes or maybe the kid from Tennessee in the 2nd if we choose to do so, but the #3 has to be a big contributor...

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that this is a propped up and inflated QB class... None of the so-called "experts" were high on this QB class. We've seen this before as leading up to the draft, QBs start shooting up the board for no other reason than they are the top two or three QBs in that particular draft... This seems like one of those years. There is no Elway, Manning or Luck in this draft and thus, no reason to take one at #3 overall...

I'd be happy with a Mahomes or maybe the kid from Tennessee in the 2nd if we choose to do so, but the #3 has to be a big contributor...

Bottom line on the later QB, do we have the staff to properly develop him? I am all for trading up with our second and a fourth to get up late in the first to grab their guy and not accepting who falls to us at 36.

To me Kizer is coming in with a chip on his shoulder. (yeah, both chips) He will challenge for the starting position and can be a Russell Wilson guy. There are just as many comparisons of kizer and watson to vince young as there are to russell wilson.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair point. However if the bears take Allen that would obviously imply Pace had his doctors check him out and gave Pace the thumbs up. And at that point I would take the team of doctors words over yours. Unless of course you feel Pace is a complete moron and didn't check with the doctors.