• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Jamal Adams

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All indications say we will take Adams. Not super excited about drafting a safety but I get it. Pure talent wise Malik Hooker is supposedly a better playmaker however he has major injury baggage. It'll be interesting what we do after round one.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not excited about it either but I understand the need to improve the defensive backfield.

Would like to see them grab an OLineman in the 2nd or 3rd.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see SF taking Fournette and shaking things up a bit.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defensive backfield should be the place to go, but with the slew of CB's that can be moved to safety, I would prefer Lattimore, a true corner that will stick at corner. But Jamal Adams sure seems like a guy we all loved for a short time, Mike Brown, and we have been trying to replace him ever since he left to San Francisco. It has really been that long since we had a true leader at safety.

Seems like Trubisky's stock is rising as he is going on more interviews so there will probably be some conversation for the pick if Pace chooses quantity, but with a dozen or so free agents, I think he already did the quantity.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just signed 3 or 4 CB's in FA, They signed 4 QB's in FA. Glennon, Sanchez, Shaw, And now T.J. Yates.
They wait until the later rounds for a QB. I don't believe the DB's are worthy of a #3 pick. I still see a Dlineman going #3 to the Bears.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couple sites have the Bears taking Trubisky:eek:

We really dont know what kind of mind games Pace is going to be playing with the league yet. I know the Bears were one team that did not send a whole group down for Trubiskys pro day. They sent a plethora to watch Deshawn Watson. If he wants the phones to ring for the #3 pick, he should bring Trubisky in.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Adams as well. It's been looking like that since J. Allen started out with the injury concerns and watched his stock drop.

I hate a safety at #3, but he's really the best option and the front seven is actually the one thing solid on this team.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Adams as well. It's been looking like that since J. Allen started out with the injury concerns and watched his stock drop.

I hate a safety at #3, but he's really the best option and the front seven is actually the one thing solid on this team.

In a mock, would you take Deshaun Watson if he's there at No. 36? (2nd rd pick)
Almost have to, no? Hypothetical, of course.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a mock, would you take Deshaun Watson if he's there at No. 36? (2nd rd pick)
Almost have to, no? Hypothetical, of course.

Yeah, you'd have to. This definitely a hypothetical that I have thought about. I've thought about this with Kizer and Mahomes at points too. So, yeah... definitely if Watson falls that far, but it's obviously very unlikely.

I really would like to take a QB on the second day if a we're in a position to jump on one.

Use Glennon as a stop-gap guy (if he exceeds expectations, awesome). If he is clearly not the answer following a year or two. Then draft a young QB in the first round of a better class at the position, and create a competition between the two young guys in the training camp. Making the day 2 guy from this year's class the #1 starter initially, going into camp. Kind of like a Denver situation from last year. This would be my plan for the Bears at QB...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you'd have to. This definitely a hypothetical that I have thought about. I've thought about this with Kizer and Mahomes at points too. So, yeah... definitely if Watson falls that far, but it's obviously very unlikely.

I really would like to take a QB on the second day if a we're in a position to jump on one.

Use Glennon as a stop-gap guy (if he exceeds expectations, awesome). If he is clearly not the answer following a year or two. Then draft a young QB in the first round of a better class at the position, and create a competition between the two young guys in the training camp. Making the day 2 guy from this year's class the #1 starter initially, going into camp. Kind of like a Denver situation from last year. This would be my plan for the Bears at QB...

Check out the SportsHoopla mock in progress...kinda fun/entertaining.

Nos' 4th Annual NFL Mock Draft : FULL DRAFT

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Solomon Thomas with the 3rd and Deshaun Watson with the 36th , so far..

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind Adams at the third pick. I'd rather have a dlineman though. Really bummed about Allens injury issues. I thought he was going to be a superstar, and still could be.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Solomon Thomas with the 3rd and Deshaun Watson with the 36th , so far..

That's interesting, I suppose if Houston likes Kizer better and Buffalo (or no one early) doesn't take a QB. It's not COMPLETELY impossible. Just tough to imagine that someone would then trade up into the back end of the first... or something.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen some rankings as top QB's listed as
1. Kizer
2. Mahomes
3.Trubisky
4. Watson
5. Webb

I am pretty sure they are ranked as far as they are developed as of now to the NFL game, even though Watson won the national title.

As far as who they believe is the best QB 3 years from now, the upside is with Watson, so its not impossible to think he will drop, and if he does, I hope the bears trade up, but with 4 QB's on the roster now, you are looking at cutting 2 right?

Mind you, it was the same guy that ranked Peppers as the top safety, followed by adams and hooker. I think Peppers might end up being the best player, but possibly linebacker.

so you want the number 3 pick huh?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd MUCH rather have Watson. Trubisky reminds me of Cutler coming out of college.
Watson scares the hell out of me, great college player but he will bust in the pro's. Reading defenses and accuracy is paramount and Watson is bad at both.