• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

looking for a Rangers know it all!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey everyone, long time no see, but it's about time for me to switch gears back into the true National pastime and leave football behind for awhile. Hope everyone has been doing well here!

My question is, does anyone here have any great insight into the Texas Rangers farm system, as it pertains to who may be a big time contributor at the AAA level this season, but not likely to crack the MLB roster at any point in 2014? Pitcher or positional player.

The reason I ask is that i"m in a simulation league where we own the entire MLB team, and can use up to 3 AAA players from thier AAA affiliate. We can also trade any and all players, both MLB and AAA But if those players get the call and have even one plate appearance or batter faced, they become major leaguers for the entirety of the season. Now I have owned the Atlanta Braves for the past 12 year or so, but recently wanted a change of scenery and took the Rangers last year. After having the Braves, I had a very good feel for their farm system, but am still pretty clueless to the Rangers, and don't feel like I have a good knack for figuring it from scratch for another couple seasons.

So, any advice out there, as to who I should be keeping a close eye on?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey everyone, long time no see, but it's about time for me to switch gears back into the true National pastime and leave football behind for awhile. Hope everyone has been doing well here!

My question is, does anyone here have any great insight into the Texas Rangers farm system, as it pertains to who may be a big time contributor at the AAA level this season, but not likely to crack the MLB roster at any point in 2014? Pitcher or positional player.

The reason I ask is that i"m in a simulation league where we own the entire MLB team, and can use up to 3 AAA players from thier AAA affiliate. We can also trade any and all players, both MLB and AAA But if those players get the call and have even one plate appearance or batter faced, they become major leaguers for the entirety of the season. Now I have owned the Atlanta Braves for the past 12 year or so, but recently wanted a change of scenery and took the Rangers last year. After having the Braves, I had a very good feel for their farm system, but am still pretty clueless to the Rangers, and don't feel like I have a good knack for figuring it from scratch for another couple seasons.

So, any advice out there, as to who I should be keeping a close eye on?

The only help I can provide is to say that the Rangers team board is always very active, and that you should be able to find some good feedback there.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only help I can provide is to say that the Rangers team board is always very active, and that you should be able to find some good feedback there.

Good advice, however I respect the opinions of fantasy players more so than the typical fanboys who frequent their own teams boards..no disrespect intendedif you frequent your team's board, but there's just a lot of homers that have inflated opinions about their teams

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good advice, however I respect the opinions of fantasy players more so than the typical fanboys who frequent their own teams boards..no disrespect intendedif you frequent your team's board, but there's just a lot of homers that have inflated opinions about their teams

I wish I could help more, as I do know of a few Ranger fan posters, but do not think they are experts in their minor leaguers.

Too bad the question can't wait, as I will be in Surprise, AZ in 2 months, and will see the Rangers at least twice.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're probably better off waiting for Paul to fill you in, but I'll shout out Joey Gallo's name, 40 bombs last year but lots of stuff to work on yet.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're probably better off waiting for Paul to fill you in, but I'll shout out Joey Gallo's name, 40 bombs last year but lots of stuff to work on yet.

I think I am close, but wasn't that one of the names Joe Pesci used in My Cousin Vinny?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very close... it was Jerry Gallo... then turned to Callo because Gallo was dead!

:laugh3: priceless movie!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could help more, as I do know of a few Ranger fan posters, but do not think they are experts in their minor leaguers.

Too bad the question can't wait, as I will be in Surprise, AZ in 2 months, and will see the Rangers at least twice.

oh it can wait a little while..just thought I'd get in front of it a little. I've already got the Rangers, and won't even begin any possible trade talks until well into spring training..well probably not anyways. I know people are going to be all over Darvish, so there will be no shortage of people looking for that "edge in the deal" by getting me to toss in a AAA guy they're hoping I don't know about.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have yet to see a better comedy, ever.

Treff,

I am not a prospect expert by any stretch, but Paul certainly is.

Thing is, if you post that question to our new site fantasyassembly.com there are 3 other prospect mavens just like Paul who can answer that question for you. Check it out.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.. How long has that puppy been up and where was I when it did? Looks friggin awesome!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you sir!

The site launched shortly after baseball season ended, and it came together pretty quickly. Paul is the driving force, but we have all put in a pretty good chunk of time.

Anyhow, if you want to submit your question, it goes under the ask the assemble feature near the top right of the page.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez that's a tough question. If it was their AA team it'd be easier!

Luis Sardinas (AA last year....good bet for AAA with Andrus blocking him)
He's more of a speed/defense guy, but I really like him
Michael Choice: I don't know what their intentions are with him, whether he makes club out of spring or not
Rougned Odor: I love this kid, played AA last year....could be AAA. Hard to say

All their stud Hickory guys: Williams, Brinson, Gallo, Mazara, Guzman not likely to see AAA. Gallo even less likely to see AAA

Sorry I'm not much more help here. I don't know their organizational guys that sometimes stay at AAA.
Sounds like a fun league, and you have a great team to boot :)

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.. How long has that puppy been up and where was I when it did? Looks friggin awesome!
Thanks!!

FTFY
Paul can't write worth a shit , but we have all put in a pretty good chunk of time.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol..thanks guys. Was pretty high on that Choice guy myself, now really hoping he doesn't make the roster with Choo in town. He'll be worth more to me hitting in AAA than playing sparing on my bench.

Hadn't even heard of the other guys your brought up, that'll help, at least there's some names to look for. Had heard of Gallo, but agreed, doubtful he ends up at AAA, unless he's REALLY worked on those strikeouts.

In case your wondering, our AAA players generally take about a 15-20% reduction in their stats if we choose to use them on our major league roster. It's more complicated than that, but that about basically where it ends up. Pitchers have a bottom of the barrel 3.25 ERA, even if they're sitting at 0.00 in real life AAA. And hitters have no maximum, but in order to get an adjustment of .300 BA, they've gotta be raking some serious Tony Gywnn-esque numbers at AAA.

And finally, just in case anyone is interested, there are still 3 teams open for this season, and we have one owner who annually takes the last team left over cuz he's a masochist!..first come first served
1. Kansas City Royals
2. Miami Marlins
3. San Diego Padres
4. Tampa Bay Rays
$100 entry fee, prizes for playoffs-WS, and wins above reality % over your real life team.
PM if interested I can put you in contact with the commishes

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff,

I am not a prospect expert by any stretch, but Paul certainly is.

Thing is, if you post that question to our new site fantasyassembly.com there are 3 other prospect mavens just like Paul who can answer that question for you. Check it out.

Tlance- This site is awesome. I find myself popping in now frequently and always find something new.