• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking back on the first two days

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After thinking about it I am happy. It took me a while to here, but I like both picks. Now truth be told I wouldn't have made either and think sitting here with Ramsey and Spence would just have been incredible. Heck, there were a bunch of DL that I think would have been great picks and certainly better picks than Smith including the Alabama guys. But these crazy picks are just part of being a Cowboy fan.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott - I don't in any way think he was picked too early and was happy from the beginning. I think Ramsey is probably a little better prospect and a much bigger need, but I really like Elliott. Watching a lot of him the last couple of days he seems to have the great vision that Murray had to wait for the reads when we run zone blocking plays and he has some slipperiness to him to get through the holes when you think they aren't there. This is huge for our Offense because you need to wait and then pick the right hole on those plays for them to work. Plus he has the home run speed that we haven't had in a bell cow back in a long, long time. His run blocking is just great when he leads the play. You saw this mostly on QB runs, so I'm not sure that will matter much here, but it does show his toughness and willingness to stick his nose in. He seems to have an eye for the goal line and the first down marker which I love. As many of you may recall it drives me crazy when we pass the ball over and over in situations where we should just line up behind this great OL and run the ball up their ass. He is bigger than he looks which should help him in short yardage and with the size of the NFL game and also keep him healthier and from wearing down. This also helps on plays where we aren't in a zone blocking scheme, but rather go with our power blocking plays. On 3rd downs he should be great. I keep reading how amazing his pass protection skills are. I really didn't see that when watching him, but it is so universally accepted by people that know a lot more than me that I'll assume it is true. He also is a very good receiving back and has that Dunbar aspect where he can make a big play out of nothing as well. I really, really like this kid.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith - This is of course the million dollar "if", but if he were 100% our choice at #4 would likely have been Elliott, Ramsey or Smith and we probably take Smith unless SD would have. The talent is there in abundance and I don't think anyone questions that. What worries me is like what I said about Dunbar the other day. If you rely on your speed and quickness and lose some of that you just aren't the same player. But this kid has superstar potential. I really liked a comment I heard yesterday before the draft on Smith. A lot of people compared Smith and Jack and it was always Jack being the less risky. But Jack has a degenerative condition that is expected to get worse. If Smith heals properly he will only get better as he moves further from his injury. Another thing on the injury and this could be spin, but if the Cowboy doctor did the surgery and he is telling the team the prognosis going forward is good...that is a huge plus to me.
I heard the team say they saw him as either a MLB or weak side. That's BS. This kid is made to play on the weak side. Our defense is just about the best fit for him in the entire league. He gets to run sideline to sideline. I don't worry about Lee because he will excel anywhere. Moving him back to the middle exposes him to injury more, but so be it. From a character point of view this kid seems like a great kid and is very driven. He is just an athletic freak with Football skills. If you think about it, a lot of second rounders take a year to get acclimated to the NFL game. So in his case we know up front that he won't contribute year one. From a Football standpoint if he recovers he will be incredible in this defense. He runs, he tackles, he covers and I'm sure he could get to the QB in a nanosecond if we blitz him. Obviously no one questions his Football skills so we just have to hope that nerve damage goes away. I can tell you from dealing with this with my Father the longer it lasts the less likely it is to heal 100%.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maliek Collins - I really don't know much about him, but he looks like a good pick for us. The guys on the Cowboy draft show seemed to know he was the pick because all they did was talk about him while we were waiting for the name. Seemed he played mostly NT at Nebraska but Broaddus saw him as a 3 tech. With his size I would love to get a guy like him at the 3 with Crawford at LDE and Lawrence at RDE in our base defense. From what I read he was inconsistent and not great in the run game but he has the penetration ability that Marinelli likes. I heard another guy on the radio saying he was exposed a little at NT, but when they played him as a 3 he was better. I can't comment much, but just repeat what I read/hear, but I am happy with this pick and look forward to seeing him play and hearing how the team likes him in the rookie camp. I wanted DL help so I'm happy they took the best one they saw. Would still like to get a better 1 tech out of this draft because I think pass rusher is not too likely at this point.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Collins in the 3rd. I watched a little tape on him last night, and he seems to give good effort and has some quickness to him. Didn't see him make very many plays, but the want to was there. To my untrained eye, he doesn't seem to have much in the way of technique. There weren't many other option along the Dline that intrigued me in the 3rd. Andrew Billings maybe, but I have been reading that his fall is due to concerns about his knee, so there's that...

Elliot is a lock to be the latest in ever growing run of great 1st round picks for Dallas.

Jaylon Smith, if this guy gets healthy, he will be the steal of the draft. Seems like a pretty big IF right now. Sooner or later Dallas is going to hit it big on one of these gambles, here's hoping it's Smith. The kid was a great football player before the injury, seems like a great kid too. These are the kind of people the organization needs - injury aside.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the basic time frame that Stephen has been been calling the shots, the Cowboys have been one of the best run franchises in the league. Think of where we were 5 years ago. Salary cap HELL. Worst OLine in football. Poor defense. It takes time, but our cap situation is light years ahead of where it was(tough, but correct calls, like parting ways with Ware and Murray), we have the best OL in football, a much more talented defense, and a foundation to build on. The Cowboys tried to trade back into the 1st round for Lynch, a talented but raw QB. When they didn't get him, and their top two targets came off the board in round two, they took a flier on the best player in the draft....who won't play for at least a year. Taking Elliott over Ramsey now...these are all moves toward making us a great team in a few years rather than a really good one now
:2cents:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After thinking about it I am happy. It took me a while to here, but I like both picks. Now truth be told I wouldn't have made either and think sitting here with Ramsey and Spence would just have been incredible. Heck, there were a bunch of DL that I think would have been great picks and certainly better picks than Smith including the Alabama guys. But these crazy picks are just part of being a Cowboy fan.
I would be happier with Ramsey and Spence or even Elliott and Spence. Ramsey was a much bigger need but the more I read on Elliott he is the better player and a safer pick. Missing on Spence pissed me off, but again I will trust our staff and hope our Dr. is right about the knee.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We better keep bagging great picks, or this draft will be defined by Smith's recovery. Regardless of who we picked at 4, he should be an impact player.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We better keep bagging great picks, or this draft will be defined by Smith's recovery. Regardless of who we picked at 4, he should be an impact player.
he needs to be an impact player but it's most likely mich. st QB
I remain as confused as the next guy

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After thinking about it as well. The staff must know something others don't on Smith. I hope it is a stroke of genius, but past history, has me concerned. Still not happy with Elliott pick, but will live with it. Will wait and see the rest of draft before I judge this draft. Like the DT pick.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We will see on Elliott. Seems like the real deal. Was not personally high on Ramsey. Will see what happens.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOOK: You can buy Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott bobbleheads from their college days
If you're a collector of such items, that is

If you've ever had a desire to own a Dak Prescott or Ezekiel Elliottbobblehead, today is your lucky day, apparently.

Limited edition bobbleheads featuring Prescott and Elliott in their respective college uniforms are on sale from the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum. The bobbleheads are $40 a piece and display Prescott and Elliott in their old uniforms at Mississippi State and Ohio State.

According to the Hall of Fame and Museum, there are only 144 Prescott bobbleheads produced of each player.

dakbobblehead.jpg

National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum.
zeke.jpg

National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum.
Prescott, of course, helped Mississippi State to a 10-3 record in 2014 when the team briefly ascended to No. 1 in the national rankings. That same season, Elliott was the leading rusher on Ohio State's national championship-winning team. Really wish though that they would have gone with Elliott sporting his crop top jersey.

Last year, Prescott and Elliott led a one-two punch on offense for the Dallas Cowboys during a 13-3 season. The Cowboys lost to the Green Bay Packersin the divisional round of the NFL playoffs.