• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking ahead to 2015

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a tremednous end to a roller coaster season. Team looked fresh and healthy for first time in a while. Hack looked like Hack and its nice to see what he can do when giys get open and he's kept clean. This offense has a chance to make some big strides next year. OL will be more experienced, deeper and Palmer coming in from JUCO is HUGE. They add a game breaking back in Barkley, a hammer/downhill back in Jon Thomas who redshirted and Lynch keeps getting better. Godwin had his coming out party today, WR will be very good and add Thompkins speed in slot. TE will get Breneman back, a healthy James, Gesecki with year under his belt and hopefully carter sticks around. Definitely a unit trending upward.

Defense, hull will be tough to replace, but I think Wartman slides inside, unless Reeder is ready to start game 1. Secondary is LOADED. Lucas likely slides into Amos spot and Campbell/Haley start at corner. Allen will be a force and some redshirt guys or Reid will get a lot of run time.

Special teams, we'll miss Ficken, but punting has improved and we'll have better players on punt/kick coverage/return units with the depth players instead of 7 walk ons out there.

9 wins should be the over/under, I could see 10 with that schedule and the talent/experience we'll finally have again.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you put any weight into the notion that they were overworked and tired and the play suffered? Would you put that on the scholarship restrictions or something coach Franklin was doing? I would like to see better coaching awareness from Franklin.

I really hope we show great improvement on the OL. What position do you expect Paris to play RT? Anyone who can step in and fill the void at LG? Who will we see at DE for CJ? Sickels steps in and takes over the job? Who are the leaders on defense with Hull gone? Will it go to the DT's who should be the heart and soul of the defense. Will we possible see Apke playing S next year with Amos gone?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you put any weight into the notion that they were overworked and tired and the play suffered? Would you put that on the scholarship restrictions or something coach Franklin was doing? I would like to see better coaching awareness from Franklin.

I really hope we show great improvement on the OL. What position do you expect Paris to play RT? Anyone who can step in and fill the void at LG? Who will we see at DE for CJ? Sickels steps in and takes over the job? Who are the leaders on defense with Hull gone? Will it go to the DT's who should be the heart and soul of the defense. Will we possible see Apke playing S next year with Amos gone?

I think Paris plays LT and Smith slides inside to LG. Hopefully Mahon can claim RG spot

Sickels/Nassib/Brown/Schwann/Cothran can fill in at DE, could also see Miller get some run if we land him as a backup for Barnes. Lucas, Zettel, Wartman would be my guesses for leaders. Apke may get a bit of run, but I think Lucas moves down to safety with Allen.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Farmer be playing LB or S next year? Think Davis will get another shot in the secondary? Oru RS this year didn't he maybe he can get some burn at CB next year. Whatever happened to Trevor Williams? Did he get hurt and I just blanked on it. Or did he get passed up by Godwin and Saeed?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Farmer be playing LB or S next year? Think Davis will get another shot in the secondary? Oru RS this year didn't he maybe he can get some burn at CB next year. Whatever happened to Trevor Williams? Did he get hurt and I just blanked on it. Or did he get passed up by Godwin and Saeed?

Farmer will play the "star" position, OLB/S hybrid. He needed a year to learn position, may need some more time, but will contribute on special teams and probably get some snaps at very least.

Da'Quan Davis?? I doubt he ever plays another meaningful snap. Worley and Owurayie both impressed on scout team while redshirting, Campbell, Haley, Williams back and Reid/Taylor coming in. Trevor Williams is at CB, played a ton last night (was starter most of season) and had some big tackles. He got passed by Campbell and Haley for PT by season's end, but he still got playing time