• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Look, there IS something to this....

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I am on record saying that I think Gruden is a damn fine coach.

I think he sucks at the 2:00 minute drill, but then again so does Andy Reid. And Mike Tomlin.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suresuresure... the ONLY wr's that can get open is all world Jamison Crowder. And older-than-dirt Vernon Davis.

Gotcha.

Makes perfect sense.

Also, since you love putting people into pigeonholes, I hope the redskins sign KC for the long term. I think he's being a hypocritical little crybaby about things, but I don't blame KC for gouging the team for his maximum worth.

Get open AND Catch the ball, left out that part Hoss.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to point out the same thing. Not sure its KC who has the tunnel vision.......

Having pointed that out, WTF is Pryor even on the field? I'm not sure he even had one pass come his way. Has KC completely given up on him or is he just not getting open?

Maurice Harris deserves more time on the field.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh.

Riiight.

I guess two can play that game:

When you catch long td's with ONE hand, perhaps you should expect balls thrown at you more often, no?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I am on record saying that I think Gruden is a damn fine coach.

I think he sucks at the 2:00 minute drill, but then again so does Andy Reid. And Mike Tomlin.

you agreed with the 4th downs? 4 and 7 at the end of the 3rd qtr?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you agreed with the 4th downs? 4 and 7 at the end of the 3rd qtr?

No, I didn't agree with the fourth down calls, especially the one at the end of the game.

On the other hand, the players like him, respect him, and he is generally moving the team in the right direction. When he calls a good game, he calls a MASTERFUL game. When he calls an ok game, they are still pretty good. Sometimes he calls a shitty shitty quarter, but I have found that over his years, the redskins offense has been better and better, with more depth, and better players up and down the roster.

That's a good coach.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so everybody knows...Harris wasn't open. It was actually a very good pass and a great catch.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris had a step on his defender. He was open enough for the NFL. KC threw a good pass, and Harris made a fantastic catch.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so everybody knows...Harris wasn't open. It was actually a very good pass and a great catch.

I agree Harris was covered and KC put the ball in a spot where only Harris could make a play and a hellified play he made indeed. What I do wonder though is why Harris only got 2 more targets for the game after his TD catch.

I also agree with what @chillerdab is saying to an extent. We need to push the ball deep more often, but our best match ups to do so are with old as dirt, but still fast as hell Vernon Davis and Chris Thompson. Davis is a legit 4.35-4.40 40 guy and I can't think of any LB or safety for that matter that is consistently hanging with Chris Thompson one on one on pass patterns taking CT 15+ yards beyond the LOS.

Thompson is our most electric player and I'd love to see him get 18-20 touches a game, but that's not gonna happen on a week to week basis nor should it. What should happen though is finding ways to get the ball in his hands in space and the best way to achieve that is via the passing game.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Harris was covered and KC put the ball in a spot where only Harris could make a play and a hellified play he made indeed. What I do wonder though is why Harris only got 2 more targets for the game after his TD catch.

I also agree with what @chillerdab is saying to an extent. We need to push the ball deep more often, but our best match ups to do so are with old as dirt, but still fast as hell Vernon Davis and Chris Thompson. Davis is a legit 4.35-4.40 40 guy and I can't think of any LB or safety for that matter that is consistently hanging with Chris Thompson one on one on pass patterns taking CT 15+ yards beyond the LOS.

Thompson is our most electric player and I'd love to see him get 18-20 touches a game, but that's not gonna happen on a week to week basis nor should it. What should happen though is finding ways to get the ball in his hands in space and the best way to achieve that is via the passing game.

Yep - you make same good pts (along w/ some other folks here). I hope that they use someone like Harris more moving fwd. Who knows why he hasn't been used more - perhaps reluctance to use young WRs or whatever. Not sure but would be nice to get more production from the WR position. If it doesn't happen more for balance of season we are going to see a lot of shakeup in this area (regardless of who is the QB next season).

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I didn't agree with the fourth down calls, especially the one at the end of the game.

On the other hand, the players like him, respect him, and he is generally moving the team in the right direction. When he calls a good game, he calls a MASTERFUL game. When he calls an ok game, they are still pretty good. Sometimes he calls a shitty shitty quarter, but I have found that over his years, the redskins offense has been better and better, with more depth, and better players up and down the roster.

That's a good coach.

its not the actual calls its the decision to go for on 4th down instead of kicking the Fgs that pissed me off. But those calls were bad too. He is a players coach but most of the wins this year have come from big plays by the defense. We haven't seen a game yet that the offense just dominated. The only one that comes to mind is GB last year. Gruden will be tied to KC. So if KC wants to stay it will happen. I don't think Danny will screw with that combo right now.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not the actual calls its the decision to go for on 4th down instead of kicking the Fgs that pissed me off. But those calls were bad too. He is a players coach but most of the wins this year have come from big plays by the defense. We haven't seen a game yet that the offense just dominated. The only one that comes to mind is GB last year. Gruden will be tied to KC. So if KC wants to stay it will happen. I don't think Danny will screw with that combo right now.

You have to look at the whole picture & not just state that the offense has consistently fallen short & should be way better. I would discount the Hawks & Boys games due to major injuries. The Chiefs & Eagles games are really tough given the opponents & I thought that they did well enough against Chiefs - issue that game was defense & Docston falling somewhat short (& Kelley not running to rt hole for easy TD).

So that leaves Raiders, Rams & Vikings & 49ers. I thought that they did more than good enough against Raiders & Rams. Vikings - yes they could/should have done better, but that loss is on defense. 49ers - a win, but both offense & defense could have done better.

You appear to view this entire season as a disappointment & do pretty much nothing but complain especially @ Cousins & Gruden. Yes there are some disappointments, but I also see hope for the future (unlike some others here) regardless of what happens for the rest of the season. Cousins is improving but still needs to correct some things, but just imagine if he had better health on rest of offense, effective RBs and good WRs across the board (BTW - can't believe you made excuses for Pryor & blamed it on others - it is almost exclusively his fault due to his horrible routes & lousy hands & he would admit that).

You are perhaps the most negative fan on the planet.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to look at the whole picture & not just state that the offense has consistently fallen short & should be way better. I would discount the Hawks & Boys games due to major injuries. The Chiefs & Eagles games are really tough given the opponents & I thought that they did well enough against Chiefs - issue that game was defense & Docston falling somewhat short (& Kelley not running to rt hole for easy TD).

So that leaves Raiders, Rams & Vikings & 49ers. I thought that they did more than good enough against Raiders & Rams. Vikings - yes they could/should have done better, but that loss is on defense. 49ers - a win, but both offense & defense could have done better.

You appear to view this entire season as a disappointment & do pretty much nothing but complain especially @ Cousins & Gruden. Yes there are some disappointments, but I also see hope for the future (unlike some others here) regardless of what happens for the rest of the season. Cousins is improving but still needs to correct some things, but just imagine if he had better health on rest of offense, effective RBs and good WRs across the board (BTW - can't believe you made excuses for Pryor & blamed it on others - it is almost exclusively his fault due to his horrible routes & lousy hands & he would admit that).

lol. I know we had a tough schedule. So I hope in the future the offense can dominate as the opponent become easier. KC has to be held to a higher standard for the contract that he is asking for. I just say use Pryor in the endzone more b/c of his size. I know he is a bad route runner and has questionable hands.

Not negative just evaluating things this season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Selectively negative.

Gruden Poop
Cousins Poop
Moses Future HOF
Doctson Current HOF
McBoys... Future all multiverse all stars.