• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lonzo Ball has already ruined himself

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers won't deliberately be losing games like they did last year.

Last season they played some good ball, had great leads against quality teams and then threw it away in the last quarter in order to tank. I can think of at least a dozen games like that.

So far they've upgraded their Center position, their PG position and Ingram is looking a hell of a lot better.

I'm not saying playoff but they'll be knocking on that door for a good part of the season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my worst case scenario - I think he might come off the bench for a short time - just until he has earned the spot.

No he won't. He has already earned it.

Besides. Magic knows what he has here. They will showcase Ball at every opportunity as they begin their marketing pitch for PG13 and LBJ. Lonzo Ball is the key to the entire thing. He will play at least 36 minutes a game.

Also, now that KCP is in the picture, he will surely start at 2 and allow Clarkson to come off the bench, which is the ideal role for him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers won't deliberately be losing games like they did last year.

Last season they played some good ball, had great leads against quality teams and then threw it away in the last quarter in order to tank. I can think of at least a dozen games like that.

So far they've upgraded their Center position, their PG position and Ingram is looking a hell of a lot better.

I'm not saying playoff but they'll be knocking on that door for a good part of the season.

I'm not sure they threw away large leads as part of a tank. I think they happened because the Lakers were young, inexperienced and not very good on defense.

The tanking part came when they shut down Mozgov, Deng and Young, then traded Lou Williams. The FO knew that the youngsters would blow leads and lose games. But it's not as if they had Luke pulling starters and letting teams come back against the end of the bench guys.

I think they will be at about 30-35 wins. My guess is that they will manage to stay within striking distance of the 8 seed for awhile, but will eventually fade.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure they threw away large leads as part of a tank. I think they happened because the Lakers were young, inexperienced and not very good on defense.

The tanking part came when they shut down Mozgov, Deng and Young, then traded Lou Williams. The FO knew that the youngsters would blow leads and lose games. But it's not as if they had Luke pulling starters and letting teams come back against the end of the bench guys.

I think they will be at about 30-35 wins. My guess is that they will manage to stay within striking distance of the 8 seed for awhile, but will eventually fade.

Not to sound overly biased but last year was 1 of my favorite Lakers seasons ever.:heh: I hope they keep the good work up this year.:hope:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
36 points, 11 assists, 8 rebounds, 5 steals, 2 blocks.

First player to reach those point/assist totals in a summer league game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what we have. Here is my projected line up

PG - Jordan Clarkson 14.7 ppg
SG - Kent Pope 13.8
C Brook Lopez 20 ppg
PF Julius Randle 13.1
SF Brandon Ingram 9.4

The bench

Lonzo Ball - pg ?
Corey Brewer - SG 7.5 ppg
Ivica Zubac - C 7.5
Larry Nance - F 7.1 ppg
Luol Deng - F 7.5

Still need another guard, but you go those other picks - I am hoping Deng can bounce back and play awesome so that some sucker will bite and trade for him

Clarkson is the 6th man. Whether he comes in for Ball or Pope depends on who else is signed with the room exception, but he'll likely spend time at both guard positions. For now...

PG: Ball, Clarkson
SG: Pope, Brewer, Hart
SF: Ingram, Deng, Kuzma, Brewer
PF: Randle, Nance, Kuzma, Deng
C: Bropez, Zubac, Bryant

Brewer and Deng are the two wildcards as to minutes IMO, and could will likely be dependant on matchups for minutes. Brewer's defense will keep him in the rotation, but right now those two are just a trade chip (Brewer's expiring contract) and a cap burden (Deng) for the most part.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,121.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely ruined himself last night.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,121.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson is the 6th man. Whether he comes in for Ball or Pope depends on who else is signed with the room exception, but he'll likely spend time at both guard positions. For now...

Brewer and Deng are the two wildcards as to minutes IMO, and could will likely be dependant on matchups for minutes. Brewer's defense will keep him in the rotation, but right now those two are just a trade chip (Brewer's expiring contract) and a cap burden (Deng) for the most part.

I like that squad. We can win anywhere from 35-38 games imo.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This seems pretty reasonable. Ball looks very promising but to expect him to be a quality PG as a rookie is asking an awful lot.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking Pope was a point guard but like this line up. Deng is garbage but him and Brewer might improve enough to sell them off