• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Longhorn's on the AP All-American Team

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None. I'm all for trying new coaches, but it won't make much of a difference without great players. Promising freshman and sophomores that should be good next year. We have to back fill this year. Not looking too good to date.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None. I'm all for trying new coaches, but it won't make much of a difference without great players. Promising freshman and sophomores that should be good next year. We have to back fill this year. Not looking too good to date.

We've got the players, bud. I'm not worried about the talent one bit. That talent curbstomped the #4 team in the country. I'm worried about this coaching staff. Looks like Strong made a good hire at OC. What I'm afraid of is it doesn't mean anything if Bedford is still the DC. This team loses a minimum of 4 games if Bedford is still the DC, GUARANTEED!

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 freshman all americans, Strong is slowly rebuilding the talent level.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just scanned the East vs West Shrine game roster and I didn't even see any Longhorns on the roster. Maybe I missed some, but this is a game where average to good players are trying to catch the eye of the NFL scouts in hopes of getting drafted or improving their positions in the draft. We don't even have those.

Also, I continue to get more and more worried about recruiting. Unless something changes, we are going to have the worst recruiting year in a very long time. You just can only go so long with a crappy team and it not effect recruiting. Coaching is important, but we better get some talent. IMO, this is Strong's biggest challenge.