• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lol @ the clippers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan isn't going anywhere dummy

they aren't rebuilding, they are making cap space for better free agents.....

Actually, the Clippers are shopping him.

He has a player option this off-season and they don't want to lose him and get nothing in return.

If they don't land at least 2 max level guys (which they likely won't), they will be going into a rebuild.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shopping Galinari
I think they would if that was possible, but who is going to pay 37 million dollars for 13 points per game average type of player. At least he is worth more then Luol Deng though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but they are definitely shopping DeAndre.
And my question is who will be willing to take that contract?:noidea:

Two players - close to 45 million - but they have some players now that they can divide for some draft picks in the even that they don't get those two draft picks.

My question is this - what do you think of the Lakers waiving Deng this summer and stretching his salary?

Is that potentially a possibility for Galinari?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my question is who will be willing to take that contract?:noidea:

Two players - close to 45 million - but they have some players now that they can divide for some draft picks in the even that they don't get those two draft picks.

My question is this - what do you think of the Lakers waiving Deng this summer and stretching his salary?

Is that potentially a possibility for Galinari?

DeAndre has a player option. Any team that takes him can negotiate in this off-season or next.

Personally, I think part of the reason the Clips may be looking to trade him is because, with their plans to go big game hunting in the off-season, they're afraid he won't exercise his option.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They may have no choice. No one seems to be willing to take him and, so far, he has been unwilling to let them buy him out.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAndre has a player option. Any team that takes him can negotiate in this off-season or next.

Personally, I think part of the reason the Clips may be looking to trade him is because, with their plans to go big game hunting in the off-season, they're afraid he won't exercise his option.
A player that wants to win right away will leave. On the other hand if DJ knows that he won't get that kind of money, might be greedy enough to opt in and keep that 24 million, but he might also agree to opt in and let the Clippers trade for a draft pick or something. Either way, I thin he will be gone before next season. The good news for the Clippers is if they are serious about rebuilding through the draft, Galinari will be gone before they need that money for free agents. I think the Lakers are in far better capacity then they are in the free agents department and I have my doubts about the Lakers signing more than one player.

One thing the guys on ESPN put out there is that without question LeBron is the best free agent in the NBA if he opts out, but that there is a huge drop in quality and etc to the second best. In short the free agents might be a little slim this summer

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may have no choice. No one seems to be willing to take him and, so far, he has been unwilling to let them buy him out.
Oh the Lakers on Lakersnation have given up on Deng, but to buy him out Deng has to settle for less and he is not willing to do that for obvious reasons. I would sit on there bench for 18 million a year as well. Then again, Id would even sit on their bench for 1 of those millions

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand if DJ knows that he won't get that kind of money, might be greedy enough to opt in and keep that 24 million,

Exactly. He slated to make $24 million. I'll be pretty surprised if he gets offered that much. If he knows he is going to take a pay cut, he'd be kind of foolish to exercise his option.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. He slated to make $24 million. I'll be pretty surprised if he gets offered that much. If he knows he is going to take a pay cut, he'd be kind of foolish to exercise his option.
Money is a driver - it's the only thing that will motivate you as much as your wife:lol:, Free sex or Free money - take your pick

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So were did DeAndre Jordan end up?

Still a Clipper, but not for lack of the Clippers trying to move him. Apparently, they had a deal with the Cavs (twice) and then the Lakers came in with the Clarkson/Nance offer and the Cavs took it instead.