• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ basketball player egos

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierce deserves blame for this as well. Made this public when it shouldn't have been then running to his mom & kg about this was hilarious.

Dude acted like a 2 yr old child

He was asked about it on camera. It's not like he held a press conference.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was asked about it on camera. It's not like he held a press conference.

That part was fine.

Did you read the article though? He went to cry to his mom and KG about it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot garbage? That's an overly emotional defense of IT. The Celtics had to decide if they were going to keep him around and pay him next year (he's not a max player IMO) and were able to upgrade him to Kyrie instead, which every GM in the league would do, given the chance.

IT is still upset over the whole deal and doesn't want a tribute. The tribute is too little, too late in this case as IT has this chip on his shoulder (even bigger than it was before). Of course it was bad planning to have the Paul Pierce deal during the Cleveland game, but of course they were targeting a high-profile matchup to do so.

IT should be upset.

That said, I completely understand why Boston traded him. They couldn't max him long term. That being said, IT was completely and predictably screwed over by Boston.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT should be upset.

That said, I completely understand why Boston traded him. They couldn't max him long term. That being said, IT was completely and predictably screwed over by Boston.

Shouldn't have returned after his sister death & watch his team get swept by a mediocre bulls team. Boston deserved that after how they treated him

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierce is a moaning little bitch. Jalen Rose was spot on what he said to him.

A 30 second tribute before the game is not going to ruin his night.

You won't hear this a lot from me but I hope the cavs kick their fucking ass that night.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't have returned after his sister death & watch his team get swept by a mediocre bulls team. Boston deserved that after how they treated him

The funny thing is that Paul Pierce could have taken the high road here and possibly gotten even more love from acknowledging what IT did and his time with the Celtics. Saying something like he showed incredible heart and what it meant to be a Celtic during his time here. The fans and media would have eaten that up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason Pierce looks childish is because they're retiring his jersey POST GAME. Not halftime like the Lakers did with Kobe.

Fuck Paul Pierce

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whomever y'all decide is at fault here, Pierce acted like a baby and now people will probably Boo him at his own ceremony.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason Pierce looks childish is because they're retiring his jersey POST GAME. Not halftime like the Lakers did with Kobe.

Fuck Paul Pierce

Hope the Celtics are down by 30 with less than five minutes to go. Half the fans will be in the parking lot by then.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whomever y'all decide is at fault here, Pierce acted like a baby and now people will probably Boo him at his own ceremony.

The Celtics are the main ones to blame here. They have 41 home games, 39 of which are not against Cleveland. They could have easily scheduled it for any one of those 39 games thus avoiding this being an issue altogether.

Heck, schedule it when the Lakers are in town and see if you can get Kobe to be a guest speaker. Or maybe against on of their Eastern Conference rivals from when Pierce was there.

Pierce made himself look petty by saying something, he should have instructed his agent to handle it behind the scenes.

But the lions share of the blame falls squarely on the Celtics for their poor planning.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck Paul Pierce

I agree that Pierce looked childish and shouldn't have said anything publicly, but when they were choosing to honor him makes no difference.

For Kobe's ceremony, there were Kobe highlights played throughout the game, both before and after halftime. There were no other tributes, etc. played during the game.

I would think the Celtics would do the same for Paul Pierce.

Pierce is right to not want to share his night, but he was wrong to go public with it.

There seems to be at least a little bit of an interesting divide between former players on this:

Guys who actually have had or have a good chance at having their numbers retired, seem to side more with Pierce.

Guys, like Jalen Rose, who aren't going to ever have their number retired seem to think Pierce was wrong.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Kobe's ceremony, there were Kobe highlights played throughout the game, both before and after halftime. There were no other tributes, etc. played during the game.

From what I heard, the IT 30 second video tribute was going to take place before the game even started. Everything played during the game would have still been all Pierce.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I heard, the IT 30 second video tribute was going to take place before the game even started. Everything played during the game would have still been all Pierce.

Doesn't matter how long the video is. It's Pierces night. It's not like they couldn't have planned it for another night. Better planning by the Celtics and this isn't even a discussion.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think the Celtics would do the same for Paul Pierce.

Meh. Kobe >>> Pierce, maybe he doesn't warrant the same respect from his team (Celtics apparently didn't think so).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierce deserves blame for this as well. Made this public when it shouldn't have been then running to his mom & kg about this was hilarious.

Dude acted like a 2 yr old child
Never has struck me as a guy anyone can enjoy being around.

Im glad he's all pissy about his retirement night. And I'm glad Jalen Rose called him out to his face.

He's getting his number retired. And acting like Boston is stabbing him in the back.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also should be noted that IT is a major reason the Celtics are now on the right track. They won 25 games in the season before acquiring him. Won 48 and 53 games in his 2 full seasons with the team. The rebuild would have took much longer if they never acquired IT IMO
Sorry we traded you while you were out with injuries.

Thanks for battling your ass off while you were hurt.

He deserves some public love from the franchise that took on a whineass at his expense.