• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ basketball player egos

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Pierce all butt hurt cause Isaiah Thomas' return (first time actually playing) is the same night as his jersey retirement night.

stay in your lane, Paul.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm not saying Isaiah shouldn't get a tribute video … but on Feb. 11, the night I get my jersey retired, I'm not sure I want to look up at the Jumbotron and see Isaiah highlights. I enjoyed watching that (Kobe's tribute videos) throughout the game. Hopefully the Boston Celtics will do that for me. I'm not sure I want to see an Isaiah video that night."

Super "the Truth" Doosher

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh all you want, but this is the Celtics fault. They never should have allowed the possibility of the IT tribute being on Pierce's night. Pierce stood up for himself and spoke his mind. Can't blame him for that.

After all, like Dray said, Pierce didn't get the Kobe fairwell tour he wanted. He gets 1 night. He was good enough to have that night and not have to share with someone else.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh all you want, but this is the Celtics fault. They never should have allowed the possibility of the IT tribute being on Pierce's night. Pierce stood up for himself and spoke his mind. Can't blame him for that.

After all, like Dray said, Pierce didn't get the Kobe fairwell tour he wanted. He gets 1 night. He was good enough to have that night and not have to share with someone else.

Celtics fault for scheduling Feb. 11th way back in August? That's a stretch.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s dumb to give a player a tribute that only played for you for two and a half seasons anyway.

Especially a franchise like Boston.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics fault for scheduling Feb. 11th way back in August? That's a stretch.

No Celtics fault for rescheduling the IT tribute for the exact same day.

Also, they traded IT to Cleveland. They knew he was likely to miss the first meeting. If they wanted to do a tribute for him, then they could have easily picked another day for Pierce way back in August. They had 39 other opportunities after all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s dumb to give a player a tribute that only played for you for two and a half seasons anyway.

BS.

IT absolutely deserved the tribute. Celtic history is completely irrelevant. IT gave his heart and soul to the organization, played hurt and led them to unexpected heights. Then, he got traded.

He absolutely deserves a video tribute and more given how it all went down. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree with @tlance.

The Celtics play 41 home games. They play the Cavs at home twice. That gave them 39 opportunities to honor Pierce where they didn't have to worry about a scheduling conflict with a tribute for another former player.

Where I disagree is with the complaint coming from Pierce himself. It makes him appear petty. He should have had his agent handle it with the Celtics behind the scenes.

To me, it's like when Kareem complained that he didn't have a statue yet. He was absolutely right that he should have had a statue sooner than he did. His should have been no later than the 2nd one up (after Magic's) and maybe the first...but he can't be the one to say it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree with @tlance.

The Celtics play 41 home games. They play the Cavs at home twice. That gave them 39 opportunities to honor Pierce where they didn't have to worry about a scheduling conflict with a tribute for another former player.

Where I disagree is with the complaint coming from Pierce himself. It makes him appear petty. He should have had his agent handle it with the Celtics behind the scenes.

To me, it's like when Kareem complained that he didn't have a statue yet. He was absolutely right that he should have had a statue sooner than he did. His should have been no later than the 2nd one up (after Magic's) and maybe the first...but he can't be the one to say it.

Pierce could have handled it differently. Jalen Rose is correct. He is being petty.

It doesn't matter though. He should have never been in this spot to begin with. That is 100% on the Celtics. IT definitely deserves a tribute. If he doesn't nobody does. That dude sacrificed a ton for the Celtics. No we are in this either/or situation that should have never happened. Really easy to avoid and both IT and Pierce are hurt by it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tribute video for HOFer Paul Pierce should absolutely take precedence over one for IT, a fools gold player.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter though. He should have never been in this spot to begin with. That is 100% on the Celtics.

Couldn't agree more. This is absolutely on the Celtics. Poor planning by them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tribute video for HOFer Paul Pierce should absolutely take precedence over one for IT, a fools gold player.

Pierce is getting his jersey retired. He was a great player and deserves this night.

IT played the day after his sister died, risked his career by playing through a torn labrum and finished 5th in MVP voting. He was beloved in Boston and rightly so. There is literally no a single current player in the NBA more deserving of a thank you tribute than IT is.

That is not overstating his importance either. The Celtics basically treated him like hot garbage after he gave them everything he had (it is a business and they acted in their best interest). Shame on the Celtics for bungling this so badly. A video tribute is the least they can do.

Shame on everyone in the media trying to compare IT to Pierce saying that Pierce is the greater player so his night takes precedence. No shit. Why are they in this place to begin with? Awful planning. Why does Paul Pierce night have to take place against the Cavs?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao at all of sudden video tributes being an issue. It is simply just a way to thank a player for their services when he played for that team.

People get little 30 second tributes all the time

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierce deserves blame for this as well. Made this public when it shouldn't have been then running to his mom & kg about this was hilarious.

Dude acted like a 2 yr old child

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That they traded away and didn't want. Why the fuck is there a tribute for this??

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe my opinion stems from a couple years ago when Thomas said getting traded from Phoenix was like a Christmas present right before the Celtics were going to play Phoenix. He then promptly turned the ball over while trying to be cool in the final seconds and allowed a game winning three.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also should be noted that IT is a major reason the Celtics are now on the right track. They won 25 games in the season before acquiring him. Won 48 and 53 games in his 2 full seasons with the team. The rebuild would have took much longer if they never acquired IT IMO

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe my opinion stems from a couple years ago when Thomas said getting traded from Phoenix was like a Christmas present right before the Celtics were going to play Phoenix. He then promptly turned the ball over while trying to be cool in the final seconds and allowed a game winning three.

That is why he didn't deserve a tribute from Phoenix. From Boston though? Hell yes he did.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierce is getting his jersey retired. He was a great player and deserves this night.

IT played the day after his sister died, risked his career by playing through a torn labrum and finished 5th in MVP voting. He was beloved in Boston and rightly so. There is literally no a single current player in the NBA more deserving of a thank you tribute than IT is.

That is not overstating his importance either. The Celtics basically treated him like hot garbage after he gave them everything he had (it is a business and they acted in their best interest). Shame on the Celtics for bungling this so badly. A video tribute is the least they can do.

Shame on everyone in the media trying to compare IT to Pierce saying that Pierce is the greater player so his night takes precedence. No shit. Why are they in this place to begin with? Awful planning. Why does Paul Pierce night have to take place against the Cavs?

Hot garbage? That's an overly emotional defense of IT. The Celtics had to decide if they were going to keep him around and pay him next year (he's not a max player IMO) and were able to upgrade him to Kyrie instead, which every GM in the league would do, given the chance.

IT is still upset over the whole deal and doesn't want a tribute. The tribute is too little, too late in this case as IT has this chip on his shoulder (even bigger than it was before). Of course it was bad planning to have the Paul Pierce deal during the Cleveland game, but of course they were targeting a high-profile matchup to do so.