• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List five teams ...

VFL1995

Vol For Eternity
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC
Florida State
Texas
North Carolina-I think this would be a cool rivalry game at the end of every season, similar to UF-FSU and UGA-GT
Clemson

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shoot.
I've been chirping in here giving @AlaskaGuy crap, but it's a great topic (props) and I still haven't put up my list.

1. Texas - Yeah, I know we would probably lose to them fuckers even now, but tHoop would be great.
  2. Oklahoma - Should be every year dammit.
  3. USC - But not until we get good again. That last home & home in '06/'07 was the first time I actually went into games knowing that my team was gonna get rolled. Damn we were bad.
  4. Missouri - Lived in Columbia, MO for 5 years and I miss knocking them senseless. We actually won 24 straight against them.
  5. LSU - Them Cajuns know how to tailgate. They need to get back to Omaha for the CWS soon. All you got to do is wonder around the stadium looking for LSU flags and you'll be well taken care of.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has them with Colorado, Oklahoma, and Tennessee in the near future. I will go to the Nebraska game in Knoxville. Tennessee is one of my must see stadiums.

Maybe go to Colorado and visit lots of friends and maybe go to Oklahoma just because.

Since those are on the schedule, I would like to see Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, and Missouri added. All border states, all ex-conference mates. All of the games should be well attended at both sites.

That leaves one team left.

In no particular order

Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Missouri
Boise State

Deal

Boise State - Always wondered what the Blue and Gold would look like on the blue turf.
Tennessee - We've played then before H&H, just something about the checkered end zone and playing in Neyland Stadium.
Nebraska - Again have played them before in a H&H, but its been a while and hasn't happened very often.
Wisconsin - I don't think we've ever played them in a H&H. Would be cool to play up in Madison
Oregon - Again not sure we've ever played them in a H&H. Playing in Autzen would be pretty neat.

This list was hard as I tried to pick teams I don't recollect we've played or against teams we've played very infrequently.

Deal

I look forward to both Oklahoma and Nebraska so outside of that.

Colorado
Boise St.
Wisconsin
Arizona St.
West Virginia

Top four are places I'd like to visit to and see a game and West Virginia would be crazy.

Deal

5 Teams I want to play because I hold a grudge and never forget.

1. Oregon last year
2. Boise State whenever
3. 1971 Nebraska
4. 1995 Nebraska
5. West Virginia with Major Harris

Fuck all those people

edit: oh, and fuck that John Elway Stanford team up too

Deal

1. Any FBS team
2. Any FBS team
3. Any FBS team
4. Any FBS team
5. Any FBS team

No deal

I'll throw in Ohio State as the 5th, big program, it's not a long drive for me, and several of my buddies are Ohio State fans just to add to the fun.

Reactions: 006

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal

Deal

Deal

Deal

No deal

I'll throw in Ohio State as the 5th, big program, it's not a long drive for me, and several of my buddies are Ohio State fans just to add to the fun.
I'm crashing at your house though.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal

Deal

Deal

Deal

No deal

The culture is Moscow is too nasty and inebriated anyway. You wouldn't care for it.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants to play @Oregon, @Virginia Tech @UCLA @Miami @Washington if they don't have to.

Shit... I'll be happy to plat at those schools. It helps to bring up program prestige. UC already beat Virginia Tech ( 2012 ) and Miami FL ( 2015 ).

I'm sure anyone who like to play those schools at home though. But a team like Alabama will not travel to a lower-tier school like say Northern Illinois because they have shit to offer Bama.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama: We got them in the rebuilding era last series.

Calling Alabama in rebuilding mode at that time is being very kind.

Main thing I remember about those games(in a positive, non-moral victory manner) was it was pretty cool that the Oklahoma Band played our songs for us since our band couldn't travel that far.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question Brasky. Would you consider Oregon underachieving or just not achieving?

I consider them a money fueled fashion show. You can talk "Identity" but I've grown to hate that word. "Basketball on grass." Is that a sustainable formula? We found out it isn't.

No formula is sustainable outside of Alabama's "Throw 22 5 star players on the field and snap the ball."

And even then, the sheen will wear off with the BAMA brand for teenagers and they'll trickle out into the country and find something brand new to latch onto. Clemson is a good example.

I realize you could argue against these points until the cows come home, but one fact remains:

College Football is fucking awesome. It's better than Game of Thrones, it's better than Breaking Bad, it's better than The Wire. It's the greatest true drama story ever told and it continues.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling Alabama in rebuilding mode at that time is being very kind.

Main thing I remember about those games(in a positive, non-moral victory manner) was it was pretty cool that the Oklahoma Band played our songs for us since our band couldn't travel that far.
Shit. Both of those were close games too. The fake punt and TD really changed the whole complexion of that 2nd game too. We were getting shut down till that play.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit... I'll be happy to plat at those schools. It helps to bring up program prestige. UC already beat Virginia Tech ( 2012 ) and Miami FL ( 2015 ).

I'm sure anyone who like to play those schools at home though. But a team like Alabama will not travel to a lower-tier school like say Northern Illinois because they have shit to offer Bama.
To be fair, Alabama doesn't travel to anyone's stadium unless the SEC forces them to.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Alabama doesn't travel to anyone's stadium unless the SEC forces them to.

That's true. I wouldn't want to either if I were them. Nothing to gain except for humiliation.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, they'll just hold a scrimmage vs Mercer in November this year to get the 2's and 3's some looks.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be ecstatic to get BAMA on the schedule. I only want to see us play the best possible competition. I can't speak for every school or fan, but I think it's much better for a national recruiting school to play the best.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit. Both of those were close games too. The fake punt and TD really changed the whole complexion of that 2nd game too. We were getting shut down till that play.

The 2nd game was Shula's first year and we won like 4 games all year. Seemed like we were in a lot of games that year and lost them at the end. That was a pretty rough season.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska right now is trying to be the IMG academy of the college game. Just a melting pot of the best players in the country willing to leave home and focus on one thing: Football. And academics and all that other shit that literally takes care of itself with how good our support staff is.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team , FSU

1. Oklahoma
2. Ohio State
3. Oregon
4. Michigan
5. LSU

OK a Heat fan, who is also a Bron fan, who had to state his allegiance weighed in. :D

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be ecstatic to get BAMA on the schedule. I only want to see us play the best possible competition. I can't speak for every school or fan, but I think it's much better for a national recruiting school to play the best.

It'll have to be a neutral site because they like getting paid every year.

I wish they would schedule it for 2018, because we got fucking Duke as a neutral site opponent and nobody else good on it.

I partied a bit in Lincoln when I was younger and always have had a soft spot for Nebraska.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll have to be a neutral site because they like getting paid every year.

I wish they would schedule it for 2018, because we got fucking Duke as a neutral site opponent and nobody else good on it.

I partied a bit in Lincoln when I was younger and always have had a soft spot for Nebraska.

Lincoln's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different than when you partied here.

I saw gradual change over my life, then a sudden massive uptick in business and construction in the last 5 years.