• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions pick up Tyrunn Walker

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah::hellno:

Neither one of you guys could possibly think the other has anything of value to offer with regards to their thoughts on Lions football. So why can't you just put each other on ignore?

When only one of you is posting there are no problems but when you are both active we get treated to page after page of you guys going at it. Enough is enough.

I feel pretty confident I can say I speak for everyone when I say :stfu:.

Put each other on ignore and keep it that way. Please!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm lost on all this Patriots thingy... not sure if tpaulus said since '09 or if TrustMeIamRight is assuming '09. At any rate on a side note the Packers only have their 2nd rounder (Randall Cobb) left from 2011.
That's just TrustMe being a punk bitch, like normal. He won't argue the topic at hand, but instead he goes back to his notes and brings up past arguments, like a woman, because that's what bitches do.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just TrustMe being a punk bitch, like normal. He won't argue the topic at hand, but instead he goes back to his notes and brings up past arguments, like a woman, because that's what bitches do.

Hey -- at least you didn't disappear this time -- you just completely ignored the post. And there is nothing to 'argue' about the topic at hand with you. You have no clue what you are even talking about and just making stuff up as you go, as I have pointed out, as Evil has pointed out and as Micro has pointed out.

I think it is amazing how you know what the primary factor of calculating comp picks is, even though no one else outside the NFL council does. It is even more amazing when you didn't know a player had to sign elsewhere and you didn't know postseason honors were taken into account.

This thread is priceless. Your stupidity brings a smile to my face. Please keep talking.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, how did we get 8 pages out of a thread about a nominal reserve signing?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, how did we get 8 pages out of a thread about a nominal reserve signing?

We never stay on topic for one, and secondly four pages may be a Bitch fest.

I am still trying to google Charlotte to SLC. I only got a result of "pack two lunches fucker"

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, I will preface by saying, Suh was my favorite player on the team. You are talking about him, as if he is putting up JJ Watt numbers, while carrying the Lions to league titles and playoff wins the last 5 years.

Last year was the 1st time we had a good defense, which happened, because we had players like Levy, Quinn, Slay, Ansah all playing at an extremely high level, along with Suh, and a DC who figured out how to use their talents. Would I absolutely love to have Suh back? Absolutely. Do I think the defense is going to have a huge drop? No. I actually think Detroit will still be one of the best against the run. The pressure on the QB is what I will have to see, as I don't know a ton about Tyrunn Walker and Ngata is known more for run stopping than getting after the QB.

As far as "another Suh" never falling into our lap. We could have had our "next Suh" LAST YEAR. Aaron Donald graded out as the #1 DT in the NFL as a rookie. He had 9 sacks (Suh has had one season with more sacks), he forced 2 fumbles (Suh has forced 2 fumbles in FIVE years), he had 12 Stuffs (Suh had 9 stuffs combined for his 1st two years) and he had 49 tackles (Suh had more in 2 of his 5 years).

So please stop talking as if Suh is this once in a generation talent. He is a tremendous talent and one of the top 2 or 3 DT's in the NFL, but nothing he has done isn't something we haven't watched before and actually done better (Suh's biggest critic -- Warren Sapp). The only once in a generation talent in the NFL right now is JJ Watt, who just so happened to fall into the lap of the Texans. I better put IMO before someone calls me out as speaking as fact.

Suh leads all DT's in sacks, tackles, QB hurries, and hits since 2010. You and rest and the rainbow room can keep downplaying him all you want. If Suh was drafted by the Rams he'd be crushing his numbers w the Lions. Rams D is superior to the Lions D in every way. Apples to oranges.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh leads all DT's in sacks, tackles, QB hurries, and hits since 2010. You and rest and the rainbow room can keep downplaying him all you want. If Suh was drafted by the Rams he'd be crushing his numbers w the Lions. Rams D is superior to the Lions D in every way. Apples to oranges.
With the one notable exception being their play on the field last season. We were pretty well superior in that aspect.

But if you aren't concerned with actual play and want to instead focus on the names attached to their jerseys, then yes, the Rams D is the shit.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the one notable exception being their play on the field last season. We were pretty well superior in that aspect.

But if you aren't concerned with actual play .

?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh not only made the Lions D one of the top 2 defenses in the league, he single handedly made the Rams D better than both Detroit and Seattle. That's how Suh rolls.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh not only made the Lions D one of the top 2 defenses in the league, he single handedly made the Rams D better than both Detroit and Seattle. That's how Suh rolls.

maxresdefault.jpg

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUH-PHINS! SUH-PHINS! SUH-PHINS!

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We never stay on topic for one, and secondly four pages may be a Bitch fest.

I am still trying to google Charlotte to SLC. I only got a result of "pack two lunches fucker"
And the results are?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S.uh leads all DT's in sacks, tackles, QB hurries, and hits since 2010. You and rest and the rainbow room can keep downplaying him all you want. If Suh was drafted by the Rams he'd be crushing his numbers w the Lions. Rams D is superior to the Lions D in every way. Apples to oranges.

I just pointed out a rookie graded out as the #1 DT in the NFL last year. A rookie that literally fell into our laps, only to be passed over.

And you won't hear me argue that Suh isn't one of the best DT's in the NFL right now. He is. Is he far and away the best DT? No. As I have said -- I agree with most of the stuff you say on this board. There isn't a chance in a hell though I would pay, not just Suh, but any DT in the NFL, 19 million a year and no chance would I give any player on defense more than JJ Watt. Here is why:

Tackles
Watt 295
Suh 235

Sacks
Watt 57.0
Suh 36.0

Pass Defensed
Watt 37
Suh 15

Stuffs
Watt 62
Suh 36

Forced Fumbles
Watt 12
Suh 11

Fumbles Recovered
Watt 11
Suh 1

Blocked Kicks
Watt 4
Suh 1

I love Suh, but Watt faces double and triple teams just like Suh and he is just on another level. I should also point out -- Watt's numbers are for 4 years. Suh's numbers are for 5 years. So it is only going to get uglier.

Watt's numbers aren't skewed either as he plays DT in the 3-4, instead of many guys who ring up stats as a 3-4 rush OLB.

If you can convince me that Suh is a better player and worth the money he was paid -- I'm willing to listen.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention -- Watt caught 3 TD's passes, returned an interception 80 yards for TD and returned a fumble for TD last year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just pointed out a rookie graded out as the #1 DT in the NFL last year. A rookie that literally fell into our laps, only to be passed over.

And you won't hear me argue that Suh isn't one of the best DT's in the NFL right now. He is. Is he far and away the best DT? No. As I have said -- I agree with most of the stuff you say on this board. There isn't a chance in a hell though I would pay, not just Suh, but any DT in the NFL, 19 million a year and no chance would I give any player on defense more than JJ Watt. Here is why:

Tackles
Watt 295
Suh 235

Sacks
Watt 57.0
Suh 36.0

Pass Defensed
Watt 37
Suh 15

Stuffs
Watt 62
Suh 36

Forced Fumbles
Watt 12
Suh 11

Fumbles Recovered
Watt 11
Suh 1

Blocked Kicks
Watt 4
Suh 1

I love Suh, but Watt faces double and triple teams just like Suh and he is just on another level. I should also point out -- Watt's numbers are for 4 years. Suh's numbers are for 5 years. So it is only going to get uglier.

Watt's numbers aren't skewed either as he plays DT in the 3-4, instead of many guys who ring up stats as a 3-4 rush OLB.

If you can convince me that Suh is a better player and worth the money he was paid -- I'm willing to listen.

I'm not interested in putting in the time to try and convince anyone here anything. Suh, Watt, both are elite players in their prime. Something the Lions don't have the luxury of saying.

You keep saying you'd never pay Suh 19 million. But the Lions haven't used any of the savings to do anything, literally. So where all these FAs Mayhew was going to sign???

Revis? Hardy? Any corners? Guards? We got a 31 year old cast off coming off PED suspension.

Yet somehow you love it.

I don't.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt > Suh.

Austin more valuable then any defensive player in the league.