• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2018 Preseason thread

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd year in a row I have read nothing but great things about Roberts. Is he the new Ebron? Or will we actually see it on the field at some point with Roberts.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news! We have managed to get a Syracuse player!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2018/08/01/detroit-lions-offensive-line/875989002/

This is they key. How the O-line goes so goes the team. Protect Staff and be able to run the ball as well. Defense will most likely be some kind of bend dont break. We will give up 4 FGs a game but probably not more than 1 TD. Offense really needs to live up to its potential. They did not last year.

So far so good though. Fingers crossed.

And both Rookies have been good so far. Confidence is building.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have heard a bunch of O-Linemen and RB's all saying the same things.

#1 Looks like a great group of running backs. Everybody is special in their own way. Riddick looks great coming out of the backfield and catching the ball. Blunt is finally that guy who can pick up tough yards. AA looks amazing in space and looks like he has his old burst back.
#2. Looks like a lock to be RBBC.

What I hear from this.
#1. Nobody is special. The rookie could be a bust (nobody on the team even seems to mention him)
#2. Gonna keep telegraphing our plays by putting Reddick in when they pass, AA in when they run, and Blunt in for short yardage.

Hopefully things change when actual games start, and even bigger hope that the O Line improves enough that any of those mentioned scrubs can be successful. Don't know if I can handle another year of tiny hands trying to bounce every run outside and getting chased down by a DT.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#1 Looks like a great group of running backs. Everybody is special in their own way. Riddick looks great coming out of the backfield and catching the ball. Blunt is finally that guy who can pick up tough yards. AA looks amazing in space and looks like he has his old burst back.

What I hear from this.
#1. Nobody is special. The rookie could be a bust (nobody on the team even seems to mention him)
#2. Gonna keep telegraphing our plays by putting Reddick in when they pass, AA in when they run, and Blunt in for short yardage.

Hopefully things change when actual games start, and even bigger hope that the O Line improves enough that any of those mentioned scrubs can be successful. Don't know if I can handle another year of tiny hands trying to bounce every run outside and getting chased down by a DT.

I have read nothing but good things about Johnson so far.

Detroit Lions camp observations: Kerryon Johnson the complete RB

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I hear from this.

Keep living in the past. I am sure that will work out great for you.

Riddick is the best pass catching back in the league. It does not matter whether other teams know it is coming, they still cant stop it. AA will barely see the field and that is assuming he is not traded. He needs to hope for that or that someone gets hurt. Other than Riddick I could not care less who is back there running the ball. As long as the O-line does its job even Fatty Patty could average 4YPC.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep living in the past. I am sure that will work out great for you.

Riddick is the best pass catching back in the league. It does not matter whether other teams know it is coming, they still cant stop it. AA will barely see the field and that is assuming he is not traded. He needs to hope for that or that someone gets hurt. Other than Riddick I could not care less who is back there running the ball. As long as the O-line does its job even Fatty Patty could average 4YPC.

Sorry, man. The Lions have been "living in the past" every year for the past 40 years. There's no blaming anyone for being a hardened skeptic who doesn't want to hear it yet again before it's actually shown.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, man. The Lions have been "living in the past" every year for the past 40 years. There's no blaming anyone for being a hardened skeptic who doesn't want to hear it yet again before it's actually shown.

That is fine, but we have proven winners running this shit now. Not some Ford lackey or Rooney rule reject that usually gets the jobs in Detroit.

So far I see no reason to be negative either. Lets wait and see. They are building in the trenches just like everyone was hoping for and building a run game. Defense is a question mark. I am also not sold on Cooter as an OC yet either. Offense under performed last year. There will be no excuses this year for them.

It might take 1 more year before this team contends but it is going in the right direction. I dont expect miracles this year, but next year there will be no excuse for anyone. Lets just not start bitching before it is necessary (unless you are a female then do what you gotta do).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fine, but we have proven winners running this shit now. Not some Ford lackey or Rooney rule reject that usually gets the jobs in Detroit.

So far I see no reason to be negative either. Lets wait and see. They are building in the trenches just like everyone was hoping for and building a run game. Defense is a question mark. I am also not sold on Cooter as an OC yet either. Offense under performed last year. There will be no excuses this year for them.

It might take 1 more year before this team contends but it is going in the right direction. I dont expect miracles this year, but next year there will be no excuse for anyone. Lets just not start bitching before it is necessary (unless you are a female then do what you gotta do).
Proven winners!?!

The dude that deflated balls for Tom Terrific was a proven winner too if all you have to do is be on NE's payroll.

We have two guys filling the organization with their friends. That's all we have.

We don't have Bill, who is the lone proven winner from the Pats.

We have a losing record, I want both fired. I want everyone fired. We had back to back winning seasons for the first time in twenty five fucking years and went with the fat rapist with no HC expierience. This
Franchise is retarded.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proven winners!?!

The dude that deflated balls for Tom Terrific was a proven winner too if all you have to do is be on NE's payroll.

We have two guys filling the organization with their friends. That's all we have.

We don't have Bill, who is the lone proven winner from the Pats.

We have a losing record, I want both fired. I want everyone fired. We had back to back winning seasons for the first time in twenty five fucking years and went with the fat rapist with no HC expierience. This
Franchise is retarded.

:spit:

Oh boy. Back to back 9-7 seasons. And last year only because we played a GB team twice with no Rodgers (and once when they were already eliminated). What a success. I am sure Coach Ether was going to lead us to the Super Bowl if he was not fired.

That is not winning. That is mediocrity. If your goal is to be just a hair better then average then I am sure you were happy. That is certainly not my goal. Go big or go home.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get by with a little help from my friends.
I get high with a little help from my friends.
I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh boy. Back to back 9-7 seasons. And last year only because we played a GB team twice with no Rodgers (and once when they were already eliminated). What a success. I am sure Coach Ether was going to lead us to the Super Bowl if he was not fired.

That is not winning. That is mediocrity. If your goal is to be just a hair better then average then I am sure you were happy. That is certainly not my goal. Go big or go home.
'
Yes yes, but back to the topic at hand, who are these 'proven winners' you speak of?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'
Yes yes, but back to the topic at hand, who are these 'proven winners' you speak of?

I would rather have a winning assistant to the greatest coach in recent history then a losing HC from some shit team. Simple as that. BB actually started as an assistant in shit organizations and eventually found a mentor that was almost as awesome as him to help him find his way to being what he is now. What makes you think the wont be true for MP. They are mentally similar in many ways.

Last edited:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have a winning assistant to the greatest coach in recent history then a losing HC from some shit team. Simple as that. BB actually started as an assistant in shit organizations and eventually found a mentor that was almost as awesome as him to help him find his way to being what he is now. What makes you think the wont be true for MP. They are mentally similar in many ways.

The concern is that BB is a great coach, but a shit mentor. His assistant coaches have a long history of failing once they move into a bigger position. I am hoping Patricia can break the cycle, but I can see why people are concerned.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concern is that BB is a great coach, but a shit mentor. His assistant coaches have a long history of failing once they move into a bigger position. I am hoping Patricia can break the cycle, but I can see why people are concerned.

Understandable. Still I think MP is much more like BB personality wise and process wise then most of his colleagues and predecessors were.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable. Still I think MP is much more like BB personality wise and process wise then most of his colleagues and predecessors were.

I think he's much more like this guy.

image002.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see another winning season on the horizon.

They didn't go big. Unless you mean tRapists waistline.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Matty Patty were the real deal BB woulda got him paid like he did McHoody. Imo.

He mattered as much to the Pats as their RBs do.