• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2018 Preseason thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, when it comes to the Lions, I'm usually optimistic about their chances. And I want to be optimistic this year. But I've just got a bad feeling.

Trying to keep it tempered. Its a rebuilding year with everything being changes. All the pieces are not in place. 9 wins will be a tall order. Next year no excuses will be acceptable though. In this day and age only 2 years is really needed to turn a team around. Some have even done it in 1.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, when it comes to the Lions, I'm usually optimistic about their chances. And I want to be optimistic this year. But I've just got a bad feeling.

They didn't exactly set the bar too high in 2017, finishing out of the playoffs. The Lions went from a Head Coach that was Mr. Nice Guy and got called a clown to one that was schooled in the ways of ultra-discipline and has been photographed wearing t-shirts with a picture of the NFL commissioner with a clown-nose. If nothing else, the season will be entertaining.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the running game will be much better and keep our defense (our weak spot) off the field a lot more. But will this defense be able to get key stops when needed? I doubt it. We will win a couple surprise games and lose a couple games we should of won. Predicting 9-7 again, based on an improved running game and Staffy in the prime of his career.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to keep it tempered. Its a rebuilding year with everything being changes. All the pieces are not in place. 9 wins will be a tall order. Next year no excuses will be acceptable though. In this day and age only 2 years is really needed to turn a team around. Some have even done it in 1.

But he isn't really rebuilding or turning a team around here. This is a team that has gone 9-7 the last two years. Patricia is supposed to be "getting us over the hump". You have Stafford in the absolute top of his prime as well. Anything less than 2nd round of the playoffs would and should be disappointing.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he isn't really rebuilding or turning a team around here. This is a team that has gone 9-7 the last two years. Patricia is supposed to be "getting us over the hump". You have Stafford in the absolute top of his prime as well. Anything less than 2nd round of the playoffs would and should be disappointing.

Those were aberrations. One year was Stafford naking 8 come from behind last drives. The other was Prater making 9 FGs a game. That shit aint happening year after year. Both years we could have easily been 6 - 10 or even 5-11 the year Staff saved us.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were aberrations. One year was Stafford naking 8 come from behind last drives. The other was Prater making 9 FGs a game. That shit aint happening year after year. Both years we could have easily been 6 - 10 or even 5-11 the year Staff saved us.

That is impossible, from everything that I have read Stafford is garbage and way overrated.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure we gave away a few games we should of won as well.

We all know Caldwell sucked, yet still won 9 games with this roster and didn't even have Decker half of last year.

The offense is loaded at ever position except maybe TE (which isn't even important unless you have Gronk or something).

The Defense is the weak link but the secondary is legit. Linebackers led by Jarrad Davis (who quin admired enough to take in the 1st). D-line has Ansah and Hyder is coming back. Robinson should be making a 3rd year jump as well.

Don't be making a built in excuses if this team loses. Quinn had two off-seasons to shape the roster and has had decent cap money to do so as well. No CJ contract or Suh contract to weigh things down. Not sure if we were still paying mosquito bite still but his contract has to be pretty much gone as well.

On paper, we should be able to compete with GB and MIN. We should also be much better than Chicago. Even though they are on the rise again.

Again, anything less than the 2nd round of the playoffs would be disappointing for me. But, I am a Lions fans and am used to it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure we gave away a few games we should of won as well.

We all know Caldwell sucked, yet still won 9 games with this roster and didn't even have Decker half of last year.

The offense is loaded at ever position except maybe TE (which isn't even important unless you have Gronk or something).

The Defense is the weak link but the secondary is legit. Linebackers led by Jarrad Davis (who quin admired enough to take in the 1st). D-line has Ansah and Hyder is coming back. Robinson should be making a 3rd year jump as well.

Don't be making a built in excuses if this team loses. Quinn had two off-seasons to shape the roster and has had decent cap money to do so as well. No CJ contract or Suh contract to weigh things down. Not sure if we were still paying mosquito bite still but his contract has to be pretty much gone as well.

On paper, we should be able to compete with GB and MIN. We should also be much better than Chicago. Even though they are on the rise again.

Again, anything less than the 2nd round of the playoffs would be disappointing for me. But, I am a Lions fans and am used to it.

Its not a built in excuse. Its changing the defensive scheme and getting the right personnel that is the issue. IMO we did not get what we needed in the front 7 still. I think that will be our undoing this year. I can understand not being able to fill all the holes in year 1. They damn well better by year 2 though.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a built in excuse. Its changing the defensive scheme and getting the right personnel that is the issue. IMO we did not get what we needed in the front 7 still. I think that will be our undoing this year. I can understand not being able to fill all the holes in year 1. They damn well better by year 2 though.

I don't know. He's already going to have to draft another FB.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp opens this week on the 27th. The Count is back bitches. 4 more days.

sesame4bats.jpg

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed Ricky Jean Francois. Not a fan. Was hoping we would still go after Hankins.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about taking the kids to camp tomorrow for a few.

How old are your boys now? My daughter is coming up on 5 and I feel like I have waited to long to start camping with her.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old are your boys now? My daughter is coming up on 5 and I feel like I have waited to long to start camping with her.

the twins (one boy, one girl) turn 5 at the end of October. Kid 3 (boy 2) due November 1. So that will be a busy week.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out camp today was for ticket season holders, which I'm not. So we went to the pool instead. Next 12 are open to the public FYI.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the twins (one boy, one girl) turn 5 at the end of October. Kid 3 (boy 2) due November 1. So that will be a busy week.

I knew twins, I assumed identical. Shows what I know. I also see that I misunderstood what you meant by camp......I am not a smart man.

Shame you couldn't get in to see camp though.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Lions are working on Goal line scenarios as a priority. Need to be comfortable there to be successful. Need to execute at a high level because there are so few opportunities.

Preseason game 1 just around the corner. Less than 2 weeks.