• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lilja Ends Retirement

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be huge. The guy graded out last year for the Chiefs as the 14th best Center in the NFL (Koppen graded out as the 22nd best Center). He was also a better run blocker than pass blocker which I think having Peyton his pass blocking ability should be a bit better. Throw in being on a team that actually wins games will help out with that as well. If nothing else this signing gives the Broncos some good depth on the interior. This should move Ramirez back to his back up role at guard and center as well as possibly having Kuper as a back up (although this signing could allow the Broncos to cut his salary).

Very nice move Bronco Front Office. Plus added bonus of the fact that the Chiefs tried to bring him out of retirement and he refused and as soon as the Broncos call he says yes :)

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be huge. The guy graded out last year for the Chiefs as the 14th best Center in the NFL (Koppen graded out as the 22nd best Center). He was also a better run blocker than pass blocker which I think having Peyton his pass blocking ability should be a bit better. Throw in being on a team that actually wins games will help out with that as well. If nothing else this signing gives the Broncos some good depth on the interior. This should move Ramirez back to his back up role at guard and center as well as possibly having Kuper as a back up (although this signing could allow the Broncos to cut his salary).

Very nice move Bronco Front Office. Plus added bonus of the fact that the Chiefs tried to bring him out of retirement and he refused and as soon as the Broncos call he says yes :)

My thoughts exactly all the way down to cutting Kuper.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the sophistication of a Peyton Manning led offense, this injury/replacement scenario is the most troubling thorn standing in the way of a Broncos championship for me right now. Even having said that though, I still think the Broncos are one of the top 2 or 3 teams going into the season.

MH64

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, that's good to know. Could be a much more significant signing than I'd previously thought. Someone posted a piece about it in another thread that included that Lilja was a G, not a C, but only when he played with PM at Indy. I didn't read that carefully and thought that he hadn't played C before. Maybe he is actually an upgrade over Koppen.