• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lightning sign Chris Kunitz

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bolts have signed Kunitz to a one year deal worth $2 mill. I like this pickup by the bolts. They needed a bit more depth at the wing position and Kunitz is a nice role player who can play a gritty, physical style and can also chip in offensively. He as well as Girardi are both going to provide leadership which they lost last year when moving Boyle and Filppula.

I think that will be it for Yzerman in FA and will now concentrate on re-signing the likes of Johnson, Palat, Dotchin and Koekkoek. Here's what I think our team will look like:

Killorn-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Point
Kunitz-Namestinkov-Erne
Callahan-Paquette-Brown

Exatrs: Gourde

Hedman-Dotchin
Coburn-Stralman
Koekkeok/Sergachev-Girardi

Extras: Sustr

Vasilevski
Budaj

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On second though this is how I think the team will look like:

Kunitz-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Point
Killorn-Namestinkov-Gourde
Brown-Paquette-Callahan

Extras: Dumont

Hedman-Dotchin
Coburn-Stralman
Sergachev-Girardi

Extras: Koekkeok-Sustr

Vasilevski
Budaj

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Kunitz signing hope this shakes up or locker room he is know for being a good leader! He is getting up there in age I don't think he can play top 6 anymore. But from time to time we know cooper likes to change lines up a ton .

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Kunitz signing hope this shakes up or locker room he is know for being a good leader! He is getting up there in age I don't think he can play top 6 anymore. But from time to time we know cooper likes to change lines up a ton .

I think he'll start the season playing with Stamkos and Kucherov. He didn't have a great regular season but had a solid playoff run and I think he's more effective playing with more skilled players and doing the dirty work in front of the net, in the corners etc.