• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tickled shitless... That's a keeper LOL!

I thought for sure we would see transactions being made yesterday, but not a peep. Either they have the deal in place and are waiting for PR to get their shit together, or they hit another speed bump like last year.

Whatever the case, as I said many times before, I have made my peace with Bell not being here next year. Hence why I am targetting RBs in the 3rd & 4th Rds. Even if Bell comes back I'd love for another draft pick. Fitz Toussaint & Stevan Ridley are stop-gaps. I'd rather fill those spots with high ceiling talent.

I'm not going to speculate either way......
Seems they do for him and he gets advice from his pot smoker pals, then its all bets are off.
IMO Bell hanging out with snoop dickhead isn't doing him favors, who knows what influence this asshat has on him. I think Bell needs to think for Bell and quit being a dick. I understand he wants the money now, lets face it, his shelf life is very short lived if his work load continues to be what it is. But his career maybe extended if he leaves the Burgh....Who else is going to be able to use him as effectively as the Steelers???

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems they do for him and he gets advice from his pot smoker pals, then its all bets are off.
IMO Bell hanging out with snoop dickhead isn't doing him favors, who knows what influence this asshat has on him. I think Bell needs to think for Bell and quit being a dick. I understand he wants the money now, lets face it, his shelf life is very short lived if his work load continues to be what it is. But his career maybe extended if he leaves the Burgh....Who else is going to be able to use him as effectively as the Steelers???

bill-belichick_opt.jpg

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is gonna block for him like we do

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys don't think Bell is an all-pro on another top team? I agree that you're line gives him spaces that don't exist in other run games (watch Joe Mixon try to run behind the Bengals line)..... And I also think Haley didn't get enough credit for his creativity with Bell. But that guy is a rare talent and I think he'd put up numbers in a lot of different systems.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys don't think Bell is an all-pro on another top team? I agree that you're line gives him spaces that don't exist in other run games (watch Joe Mixon try to run behind the Bengals line)..... And I also think Haley didn't get enough credit for his creativity with Bell. But that guy is a rare talent and I think he'd put up numbers in a lot of different systems.

Bell is a very good RB, period. His running style does require the line to sustain contact with their man slightly longer. You typically wouldn't want to see a RB hesitate like Bell does in a ZBS. ATL runs the same blocking scheme. IMO Freeman is the ideal cutback type runner for said ZBS, he doesn't hesitate, but he shows a little more patience than Tevin Coleman does.

Haley/Bell...as a WR I agree, he does deserve some credit for that, splitting him out wide does force the DEF to declare how they are defending him...but the vast majority of Bell's receptions are 2nd/3rd read dump offs.

If surrounded by similar playmakers I think Bell will put up great numbers, but if he goes to a team like TB, I don't think his numbers will be as good...OL not as good, not as many weapons to keep the DEF from keying on Bell.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell is a very good RB, period. His running style does require the line to sustain contact with their man slightly longer. You typically wouldn't want to see a RB hesitate like Bell does in a ZBS. ATL runs the same blocking scheme. IMO Freeman is the ideal cutback type runner for said ZBS, he doesn't hesitate, but he shows a little more patience than Tevin Coleman does.

Haley/Bell...as a WR I agree, he does deserve some credit for that, splitting him out wide does force the DEF to declare how they are defending him...but the vast majority of Bell's receptions are 2nd/3rd read dump offs.

If surrounded by similar playmakers I think Bell will put up great numbers, but if he goes to a team like TB, I don't think his numbers will be as good...OL not as good, not as many weapons to keep the DEF from keying on Bell.
:agree:

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I know.... If the Steelers had a motivated, healthy LeVeon Bell and a healthy Ben and Brown, they are instant contenders (and possibly favorites). I think the Steelers should overpay because their time is now. You never know what happens when Ben leaves the building and Brown gets old.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I know.... If the Steelers had a motivated, healthy LeVeon Bell and a healthy Ben and Brown, they are instant contenders (and possibly favorites). I think the Steelers should overpay because their time is now. You never know what happens when Ben leaves the building and Brown gets old.
to an exent your're right bu we do have o address some wholes on and possibly plug an oline hole

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to an exent your're right bu we do have o address some wholes on and possibly plug an oline hole
Plug a hole on the O-line? All the starters are under contract?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought someone wasn’t, don’t mind me
Hubbard is the only player set to find himself a new contract on the open market. And we have plenty of depth that could possibly replace his backup role. I think Hubbard may be sorely missed though. The guy backed up all 5 positions on the O-line and backed them up well. He earned himself a starting contract elsewhere.

Foster could be a cap casualty though. But we have Finney waiting in the wings.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hubbard is the only player set to find himself a new contract on the open market. And we have plenty of depth that could possibly replace his backup role. I think Hubbard may be sorely missed though. The guy backed up all 5 positions on the O-line and backed them up well. He earned himself a starting contract elsewhere.

Foster could be a cap casualty though. But we have Finney waiting in the wings.
Ya I dunno wtf I was thinking