• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's talk Fletcher Cox

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that it is voluntary.. I dont' think anyone should show up then. I think the entire team should follow Fletchers example. And I'm sure there would be no whining around here whatsoever about other teams getting time in while we take an extended vacation. I mean, since it's voluntary.

Now compare this reaction to that of Belichick who believed, because he went to the SB, he was several weeks behind in preparation for the following season already and felt behind the gun and needed to get to work.

There is a reason some people are the best at what they do, and others spent more time with the family or doing whatever else they do.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voluntary = voluntary.
I would rather have him as fresh as possible come season.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like I am not the only one who feels the way I do, from the reports in the Philly media. But reporters seem to think this is much ado about nothing. Bob Ford had a column in the Inquirer basically comparing it to whether the average Joe would come to work if he didn't have to. I am not sure that comparison makes sense--the average Joe doesn't get paid $100 million to play a game for a living. If that average Joe was considered a leader at his company, then he probably would be expected to make extra effort, also.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I hate this time of year. Mountains out of molehills. Nobody can scratch their ass the wrong way without a debate erupting about it.

I don't want to wish my summer away...but I'm looking forward to football season.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like I am not the only one who feels the way I do, from the reports in the Philly media. But reporters seem to think this is much ado about nothing. Bob Ford had a column in the Inquirer basically comparing it to whether the average Joe would come to work if he didn't have to. I am not sure that comparison makes sense--the average Joe doesn't get paid $100 million to play a game for a living. If that average Joe was considered a leader at his company, then he probably would be expected to make extra effort, also.

Size of contract does not equal team leader. The only ones Cox has to satisfy on his decision is the team. And we don't know the story there.

Much a'do......

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have any real special reason, he just said he wanted to spend this week with his family.

He doesn't need a reason. I don't care if he said he just got a Nintendo Switch and wanted to spend his time playing that.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think some of the media is trying to make a story out of something because it's the end of May and quite frankly, there's not a lot happening right now.

I will be more concerned if he skips next month's OTAs when they become mandatory, and there's no reason to believe he is going to be missing those.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't need a reason. I don't care if he said he just got a Nintendo Switch and wanted to spend his time playing that.

That would have been awesome if he said that. "Man, I just got Zelda for Nintendo Switch. See you at training camp suckas."

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that it is voluntary.. I dont' think anyone should show up then. I think the entire team should follow Fletchers example. And I'm sure there would be no whining around here whatsoever about other teams getting time in while we take an extended vacation. I mean, since it's voluntary.

Now compare this reaction to that of Belichick who believed, because he went to the SB, he was several weeks behind in preparation for the following season already and felt behind the gun and needed to get to work.

There is a reason some people are the best at what they do, and others spent more time with the family or doing whatever else they do.

Well well, I see you've built a nice bridge to jump off of already.

There is more than one way to do anything.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well well, I see you've built a nice bridge to jump off of already.

There is more than one way to do anything.

Nothing to do with a bridge. Just an illustration. Winning takes preparation, focus and dedication. How would you feel if the entire team decided to skip voluntary OTA's as well?? Would it be ok if the rest of the league was preparing and we took it off??

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A hundred million doesn't buy Cox more time to spend with his family than the average Joe. I, for one, applaud him for spending time with family.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. There was a time, not too long ago, when this team activity was just rookies and new-signees. For me, bordering on an out-timer, that's what matters. It matters that Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, LeGarrette Blount, Derek Barnett, Tim Jernigan, et. al. were all there. Cox doesn't "need" to be there.

I'm not in the Philly-area anymore, but the lack of chatter about Jenkins, McLeod, Johnson, Hicks, Graham, Celek, and Wentz, not being there means that all of the other team leaders were there. The players need to more concerned about Cox not being there than we do.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only serious impact this OTA has on players not new to the team is if they get injured. The team does not gain anything by it, and only stands to lose.

Cox has every right to stay away from that one. And yes, family is important - especially since Cox is taking care of his brother's family since he died (as his brother took care of him when he was younger).

And BTW, Cox is back in Philly.

O yeah, and being the $100 million man (or being the team's best player) does not automatically make one the team leader. It merely makes one one of the best paid players on the team.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point on the brother's family part.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only serious impact this OTA has on players not new to the team is if they get injured. The team does not gain anything by it, and only stands to lose.

Cox has every right to stay away from that one. And yes, family is important - especially since Cox is taking care of his brother's family since he died (as his brother took care of him when he was younger).

And BTW, Cox is back in Philly.

O yeah, and being the $100 million man (or being the team's best player) does not automatically make one the team leader. It merely makes one one of the best paid players on the team.

Thank you for that report.