• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's talk Fletcher Cox

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is a diva. I can't believe he didn't show up to OTAs. He is being paid $100 million, coming off a mediocre year, and he acts like he is too good for that shit. WTF!

I can stomach Jason Peters skipping it because he is in his 30s, a potential HOF player and really doesn't need the reps. But Cox is coming off a season in which he had just 6.5 sacks and 43 tackles, substantially off his 2015 numbers of 9.5 sacks and 71 tackles.

I really think the Eagles overpaid this guy and are going to regret it. He doesn't have what it takes to be great, in his heart, despite having the physical tools.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
982 Snaps in 2015 vs 773 Snaps in 2016

And playing a different position.

you can probably settle down...

Reactions: ill

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not settling down on this one. We are paying this guy superstar money, and he is not performing like a superstar. He also isn't showing any leadership.

I get that we didn't have much talent around him last year, but that is why he should be excited to be at OTAs to line up next to Jernigan and Barnett and see what it is going to be like now.

Shades of sconces deciding to pick out home trimmings instead of training to play football.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing for sure. You expect more from the highest paid guy on the team.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally yes you want all of your guys to show up for voluntary OTAs, but I'm not getting worked up about this. Sproles did something similar last year and everyone thought it was because he wanted a new contract, he wants out, etc. This is the equivalent of not showing up for your work Christmas dinner engagement. Would it be nice that you're there? Sure. Should you be there? Maybe. Is it the end of the world if you're not there? Of course not.

LOL I remember when Cary Williams saying he missed OTAs because he had to pick out sconces for his new home. I can't believe he would admit to something like that, too funny.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally yes you want all of your guys to show up for voluntary OTAs, but I'm not getting worked up about this. Sproles did something similar last year and everyone thought it was because he wanted a new contract, he wants out, etc. This is the equivalent of not showing up for your work Christmas dinner engagement. Would it be nice that you're there? Sure. Should you be there? Maybe. Is it the end of the world if you're not there? Of course not.

LOL I remember when Cary Williams saying he missed OTAs because he had to pick out sconces for his new home. I can't believe he would admit to something like that, too funny.
I actually kind of liked Cary Williams, especially after that snow game. Dude was key in winning that game.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a bit of a Diva move, but in the grand scheme it's not something that will affect much. I'm sure some will lower him a tad bit on the player leadership scale though.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the coach says he has an acceptable reason for not being at optional OTA's. Then who are we to question that? Unless he's just covering for Cox? Seems a bit foolish to go off the deep end over optional OTA's. Would it be nice if he was around sure. But we are not privileged to the information. So I can't rip the guy for not being around.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“It’s a voluntary program,” Pederson said. “I would love for everybody to be here. That’s just me, personally. I know it’s not always going to work out that way. But, you know, Fletcher’s one of the leaders on the football team. Guys like that you do expect to be here. I get the (NFL) rules. We abide by the rules. He’s one of the guys, too, that at the end of the day, I’m going to hang my hat on and go to war with.”

Translation: I am pissed he isn't here but damn unions, I have no choice.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is a diva. I can't believe he didn't show up to OTAs. He is being paid $100 million, coming off a mediocre year, and he acts like he is too good for that shit. WTF!

I can stomach Jason Peters skipping it because he is in his 30s, a potential HOF player and really doesn't need the reps. But Cox is coming off a season in which he had just 6.5 sacks and 43 tackles, substantially off his 2015 numbers of 9.5 sacks and 71 tackles.

I really think the Eagles overpaid this guy and are going to regret it. He doesn't have what it takes to be great, in his heart, despite having the physical tools.

Slow day huh. Relax, put the tampon back in. Hike up the skirt. It'll all be ok.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“It’s a voluntary program,” Pederson said. “I would love for everybody to be here. That’s just me, personally. I know it’s not always going to work out that way. But, you know, Fletcher’s one of the leaders on the football team. Guys like that you do expect to be here. I get the (NFL) rules. We abide by the rules. He’s one of the guys, too, that at the end of the day, I’m going to hang my hat on and go to war with.”

Translation: I am pissed he isn't here but damn unions, I have no choice.

Yes and before that quoted message you posted he said he had an acceptable reason for his absence. Perhaps you are taking it off a story on a site? As this was on CSN this morning in full context.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher says he will be back next week. Lets hope he is.

I have to agree with iggloo a bit here, that for a leadership role and a guy that JUST got paid that huge money, he should be going the extra mile to show his appreciation back to the team, coach and owner. I might not be as hot as iggloo, and I don't think it will affect his play - but it was a bit uncouth.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players negotiated for these team activities to be optional. It's ridiculous that fans get upset about this stuff. Get a life.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're on a football discussion forum in May. You're as lifeless as the rest of us. :suds:

Touche. I'm happy not to waste my energy on Fletcher Cox's vacation habits, though.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're on a football discussion forum in May. You're as lifeless as the rest of us. :suds:

LMAO!! Wan't even directed at me but it confirms I have no life either. :D

I think this just comes down to the fact the Cox has something else to do but the coach doesn't think it is important enough to miss OTA's over. I know my boss doesn't always agree with some of the reasons I take day off but I am allowed to take the time. I am one of the leaders on my team and no one ever holds it against me.

I just don't think this is that big a deal.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have any real special reason, he just said he wanted to spend this week with his family.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't care but he is on a shorter leash come week one. Dude better perform after getting paid.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not give a damn about this.

It never fails...

whenever a player gets paid, a segment of the fan base gets up its own ass because they don't think he's worth it.

It's voluntary. Full stop.