• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Just Make Shit Up

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, tanking is a plan. Tanking allows a team to gather assets and young talent. Those can be developed and/or traded. It's not a plan that works a lot, but it's better than being stuck in 6-10 seed purgatory with no way of getting better.
It's difficult to plan a tank because these players are playing for their own interests.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Lakers forward Brandon Ingram was excellent down the stretch of last season as he began looking like the potential star the franchise believes he can be. Despite his improved play, however, there is still one major concern on Ingram: his jumper.

Ingram shot only 40.2 percent from the field and 29.4 percent from three-point range last season. Even as his overall play improved after the All-Star break, Ingram’s accuracy from deep worsened.

You’re gonna see a big change in Brandon [Ingram] because he’s changed his jump shot a little bit. He’s kind of finely-tuned his jump shot, made a few minor adjustments that I think is gonna help him […] Our assistant coach [Brian Keefe] really did a great job with him and just kind of tweaked a few little things that Brandon brought into and we’ve seen incredible results”

Some may be unaware, but Keefe was previously on the coaching staff of the Oklahoma City Thunder where he often worked with Kevin Durant. Ingram has always drawn comparisons to Durant, and there are very few people who worked as closely with him as Keefe.

Like I said i would love to have Ingram. He is very young but shouldn't the 2nd pick in the draft atleast make the rookie team? People on here saying he didnt struggle at all and i just made it all up.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said i would love to have Ingram. He is very young but shouldn't the 2nd pick in the draft atleast make the rookie team? People on here saying he didnt struggle at all and i just made it all up.
Move on - and drop it. It's just a message board.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF I'M CURRY…i would have gotta "preferred stock ownership" in the warriors, only way i sign…well that and the 22o mil guarantee of corse.

red light special, till ya can't see the red of my tail lights driving away.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah, i'll crack their skulls if they mess with me. even when i get old enough to swing a cane...:D
You have installed the fear of dad in them - LOL - That's good, but I gotta warn you - they tend to lose that fear as they get older:lol:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... Ingram was freaking unstoppable this year and was an all star... right. He was a MAJOR MAJOR disappointment. I understand not wanting to give up on him all ready, but I'd be really concerned after last season.

Much more disappointing would be 31 games played total in 3 years IMO. Ingram's play and growth was not evident in his stats, as he was largely a glue player more than a go-to guy his rookie year. Only casual observers have written him off in any sense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go read the article dude. 19.5, 8 and 4

Since the All-Star break, Saric has averaged 19.5 points, 7.9 rebounds, and 4.2 assists an outing. Basically, he’s been racking up Blake Griffin or Paul Millsap numbers.

I post facts and you still call me a liar.

Unless you're counting on Embiid missing a lot more time, those numbers are greatly inflated and not an accurate representation. Not exactly a good idea to expect him to duplicate stats he accumulated when your star player was out injured lol. Fultz will take away a lot of his shot attempts as well, not to mention Simmons and Redick. Saric will get more open shots, but his shot total will take a serious hit, and his minutes could as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... the same exact one that will be a lottery pick this year. :lol:

For some reason you still don't get the fact the Lakers were tanking games for more than half of the season. Heck, in the majority of the games after the all-star break they played well for 3 quarters, gained a substantial lead and then just threw it away to get the loss they needed.

As a Philly fan surely you're used to the concept of tanking. You've been doing it for a decade.

Now that the Lakers will be losing the pick regardless next year, especially with the prospect of Boston owning that pick, do you really think the Lakers will be purposely losing games?!?

Take your time with this one seeing as you failed to answer my last few questions.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ingram made the rookie 2nd team.

You know who else made the rookie 2nd team? Gary Payton, Paul George, Kevin Garnett, Kevin Love, Marc Gasol and Kobe Bryant.

Superstars that made the 1st team? Al Thornton, Landry Fields and Joe Smith.

Those teams mean nothing!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place is some kind of awesome.....:couch2:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason you still don't get the fact the Lakers were tanking games for more than half of the season. Heck, in the majority of the games after the all-star break they played well for 3 quarters, gained a substantial lead and then just threw it away to get the loss they needed.

As a Philly fan surely you're used to the concept of tanking. You've been doing it for a decade.

Now that the Lakers will be losing the pick regardless next year, especially with the prospect of Boston owning that pick, do you really think the Lakers will be purposely losing games?!?

Take your time with this one seeing as you failed to answer my last few questions.

No, the Lakers won't tank this year and I think Ball is gonna be the best player from this draft. But you don't think the Lakers are a playoff team... do you?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the Lakers won't tank this year and I think Ball is gonna be the best player from this draft. But you don't think the Lakers are a playoff team... do you?

Not even close. But I don't think many, if any, Laker fans on these boards think so.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram made the rookie 2nd team.

You know who else made the rookie 2nd team? Gary Payton, Paul George, Kevin Garnett, Kevin Love, Marc Gasol and Kobe Bryant.

Superstars that made the 1st team? Al Thornton, Landry Fields and Joe Smith.

Those teams mean nothing!

You arent reading my posts. I said Saric outplayed Ingram tremendously this year... but I'd trade Saric for Ingram in a nanosecond. Put the posts were me saying he was disappointing for a #2 pick in the draft and a few Lakers fans were like, "What? He wasn't disappointing. No one ever thought that except for you". Then I post links, one saying he is the worst player in the NBA for players that play over 25 minutes a game. I said I'd love to have Ingram but he was a major disappointment. Doesn't mean he won't be a good player in a few years. The Sixers will lead rhe NBA in turnovers with Fultz and Simmons at Guard.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. But I don't think many, if any, Laker fans on these boards think so.

Exactly. I said the Sixers will get a lottery pick (maybe Boston);and he replied... do you think the Lakers will tank.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're counting on Embiid missing a lot more time, those numbers are greatly inflated and not an accurate representation. Not exactly a good idea to expect him to duplicate stats he accumulated when your star player was out injured lol. Fultz will take away a lot of his shot attempts as well, not to mention Simmons and Redick. Saric will get more open shots, but his shot total will take a serious hit, and his minutes could as well.
Exactly. I said the Sixers will get a lottery pick (maybe Boston);and he replied... do you think the Lakers will tank.

True... but it's nice to know that your #4 or maybe 5th option has 20-10 ability.