• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lets have some legit plans to replace KC

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you get that from?

Decent stats in a not so great situation at a young age. Film is pretty promising too.

Post 56, any first rounder is highly drafted.

His stats sucked. I have seen him play and his film sucks too.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the guy I like as well. Best arm in the draft.

As in strongest arm cuz his comp % isn't impressive at all. In fact nothing really stands out far as last season goes. Though every thing can be improved upon particularly with a good coach in tune with Allen's skillset.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post 56, any first rounder is highly drafted.

His stats sucked. I have seen him play and his film sucks too.

What does pick 33 have to do with that statement? I don't get your point.

Lol. Of course. I am shocked.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC put up some nice stats, pretty much against bad teams and during the back end of 2015. The Skins only beat one team, Buffalo, that finished the year at .500, every other win came against teams that finished 7-9 or worse. And while the stats won't show it. The only decent game KC had against a good team that year was New England and that was still a 27-3 ass whippin till KC hit Jordan Reed with a TD with 30 seconds left in the game. Basically all KC proved that year was that he could ball against mediocre to sub-par teams.

The only posters I recall being adamant pro Cousins at that time were dad and Shark. Maybe there were more, but I recall far more fence straddlers and wait n see types as opposed to peeps who took up a pro Cousins stance.

shark and i were ahead of our time ? :D:noidea:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As in strongest arm cuz his comp % isn't impressive at all. In fact nothing really stands out far as last season goes. Though every thing can be improved upon particularly with a good coach in tune with Allen's skillset.

Yeah, arm strength. You gotta have a guy who can make all the throws. Thats why Colt is a career back up.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I don't think we are that far away from really competing. This was a 10-6 team without the MAJOR injuries (Allen, Reed, Thompson, Norman for a month, the o-line).

Now, before you guys bite my head off, I want Kirk re-signed. He studies like no other, sleeps in a hyperbolic chamber and is 29 and entering his QB prime years. For the sake of this title I have to choose someone else.

So that being said I'm rolling with Alex Smith. I know we can win with him. His skill set is made for Jay's offense. Doesn't have Kirk's arm but is better off schedule and at 33 still has better wheels than Kirk.

I think we are a RB (Michel, Guice, Johnson,etc.....), WR (Landry, Richardson, pick, etc......) and two demons in the front 7, a NT and a MLB (Vea or Payne and R. Smith) away from being right there as long as we don't have some project, or gimp, or headcase at QB.

Take the pick we hopefully get for Cousins and draft Smith. Use our pick on Payne, and give up a pick in 19 for Alex. Don't draft a QB at all. Colt can back up Alex and we can draft one next year.

Games: Smith 15 Cousins 16
Comp%: Smith 67.5 Cousins 64.3
Yards: Smith 4,042 Cousins 4,093
TD: Smith 26 Cousins 27
INT: Smith 5 Cousins 13
20+: Smith 52 Cousins 59
40+: Smith 13 Cousins 9
Sacks: Smith 35 Cousins 41
Pass Rating: Smith 104.7 Cousins 93.9

Sure, Skins were banged up, Alex had Hunt, and Hill, and that's why I would take Kirk over Alex. When Kirk had JR, PG, and DJ he was prolific. I'm just trying to illustrate why I'd seriously monitor the Alex Smith situation over the others that are out there.

right now we would have to trade for smith . if we get him he is a stop gap and we are still looking for a qb which is most likely the case for all of these FA's mentioned here . taking a 2nd rounder away in either of these 2 drafts plus having to draft a qb hurts us

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does pick 33 have to do with that statement? I don't get your point.

Lol. Of course. I am shocked.

Pick 33is a second rounder. You said any first rounder. Where does highly drafted stop then?

Why aren’t you shocked? You think he has shown promise but I haven’t seen it. You haven’t shown it to me.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick 33is a second rounder. You said any first rounder. Where does highly drafted stop then?

Why aren’t you shocked? You think he has shown promise but I haven’t seen it. You haven’t shown it to me.
They say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder gk. Much like Danny & puppet Bruce in 2012.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I realize that I just don't get what your point is. I'm sometime around then? Does it matter?

Because your QB opinions never surprise me lol.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that I just don't get what your point is. I'm sometime around then? Does it matter?

Because your QB opinions never surprise me lol.

It matters to you because you brought up draft position.

I base my opinions in facts, stats, and the eye.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It matters to you because you brought up draft position.

I base my opinions in facts, stats, and the eye.

I mean why does it matter where the line between highly drafted and not is. You seem to be obsessing over a minute detail.

Right.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now we would have to trade for smith . if we get him he is a stop gap and we are still looking for a qb which is most likely the case for all of these FA's mentioned here . taking a 2nd rounder away in either of these 2 drafts plus having to draft a qb hurts us

I guess I'm coming from the point of view where this team is close. I want to have a season next year. I feel Alex gives us the best chance to have that.

Now if the premise is we are not as close as I think, and that very well may be the case, I'll go by that line of thinking when I list my preferences.

I'll go in order:
Allen....If losing Kirk truly has to be a rebuild, this is my guy. We would have to surrender picks to get him because I don't expect him to be there @13, especially after the combine.

Mayfield....Scot loves him, he's a competitor with fire, but don't confuse competitiveness with on the field histrionics. Kirk watching hours of film and investing hundreds of thousands of dollars annually to keep himself healthy is pretty competitive. That being said he should be there at 13, which is a plus.

Jackson....I'm gonna gamble on this kid. Raw, but there is something there. Very high risk, very high reward.

So if Alex Smith is off the table and I am operating under the premise that we should not trade picks for a vet, that takes A.J. off the table as well. This is where I would have had him. USC and Alabama QBs scare me.

Bridgewater....I know what I like and I know what I don't like. Kid's got heart and talent, but in my mind, nothing special.

I want no parts of Taylor or Bradford and if we roll with Colt, I'd look at maybe Rudolph in the 3rd, but I'm saving my #2 for a RB. (Michel, Guice, Johnson, Chubb, Jones II, etc...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean why does it matter where the line between highly drafted and not is. You seem to be obsessing over a minute detail.

Right.

You brought up draft position as a reason to give a guy more credit. I think you did this thinking TB was drafted higher.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KBOS , the thing is i want a consistent winner not a 1 yr and done type thing . so my choice in qbs other then KC reflects that hope

the best thing is to keep KC and continue to draft well

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KBOS , the thing is i want a consistent winner not a 1 yr and done type thing . so my choice in qbs other then KC reflects that hope

the best thing is to keep KC and continue to draft well

In perfect world. We will find out soon enough my friend.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right.

Are you suggesting it doesn't matter where a guy was drafted?? If so, we all know that's horse dump.

A guy drafted in say.. the top five is going to be given a lot more leeway by both the front office and the fan base than say a guy drafted in the second or later round.

We can even go a bit deeper. You really think if Cravens had been drafted in the 7th round, and decided he might not want to play football any more, Bruce wouldn't have simply released him outright?? The only reason they are retaining his rights was because we burned a 2nd rounder on him.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You brought up draft position as a reason to give a guy more credit. I think you did this thinking TB was drafted higher.

Lol. Are you really gonna argue draft position isn't correlated with success? Bold move.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also for what it's worth I knew exactly where TB was drafted cuz I'm a nerd like that lol.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you suggesting it doesn't matter where a guy was drafted?? If so, we all know that's horse dump.

A guy drafted in say.. the top five is going to be given a lot more leeway by both the front office and the fan base than say a guy drafted in the second or later round.

We can even go a bit deeper. You really think if Cravens had been drafted in the 7th round, and decided he might not want to play football any more, Bruce wouldn't have simply released him outright?? The only reason they are retaining his rights was because we burned a 2nd rounder on him.

That's kind of a chicken or egg situation though. They get more chances due to talent which leads to draft position. I think most of the talent makes itself known at some point if underdrafted.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think its so cute people think we will get a prime draft pick for a QB that
We either sign him long term. Play him on the tag, or trade him to a team HE wants to go to, which means we probably wont get a 1st, and would be lucky to get a second for a QB we don't really want to keep.
Like I said, tagging him and expecting a first is like trying to sell your car that you still owe on and expecting to not only get out from under the loan, but make a profit on the deal.
Eh, I could see the Skins landing a late first for a tagged Cousins (Jags maybe) or even a 2019 first.

It's a crazy game of chicken. For a trade to work, tag or no tag, the skins can only trade him to a team he wants to go to. It's a piece that can't be moved. If the Skins choose to bluff by tagging him in order to increase their trade leverage with another team, they must be prepared for Cousins to call that bluff by signing the tag immediately and simply playing on the 34M tag. However, that move has some drawbacks for Cousins b/c when he hits FA in 2019 there wont' be this many teams needing a QB and certainly not this many good(ish) teams to choose from (Denver, Jags, Cards).

AJ is a free agent. So unless the Bengals franchise him... it will take nothing but a contract to get him.
Actually whether AJ is a FA or not is an open question. Right now, the NFL considers McCarron a RFA. B/c of that, AJ has a pending grievance that the NFL has yet to rule on. If he loses the grievance, McCarron will remain a RFA, and the Bengals will tender him at the 1st rd pick level, but if he wins the grievance, he's a FA. We'll know when the grievance is decided on February 15.