• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's face it guys...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace traded any shot this year at success for a (hopefully) franchise QB and a head start at putting weapons around him. I'd take that. The bears need more than a few tweaks to actually contend for superbowls again if Trubisky is franchise material. I expect another crappy season followed by drafting/signing a big time Wide Receiver and Left Tackle. If we fill those positions with good talent by the start of next season, we give Trubisky every chance to succeed.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace traded any shot this year at success for a (hopefully) franchise QB and a head start at putting weapons around him. I'd take that. The bears need more than a few tweaks to actually contend for superbowls again if Trubisky is franchise material. I expect another crappy season followed by drafting/signing a big time Wide Receiver and Left Tackle. If we fill those positions with good talent by the start of next season, we give Trubisky every chance to succeed.

I agree with everything except for needing a WR. I think having a big time WR is something I hear all the time but that IMO is a luxury rather than a necessity. If i was the GM, i would focus strictly on building both the O and D lines then work myself outward, touching the WRs, last.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think Turbisky is the answer? Just curious.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. I'm a big time believer in Trubisky. And I don't say that often. Having said that however we did overpay to move up one spot in the draft. But I'm glad we have Trubisky, i've never been this excited about a young QB ever.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky has that win first attitude that McMahon had, with actual talent with accuracy.

I don't know about the left tackle though, they locked up Leno before he proved he was that guy. Maybe the plan is to push him to the right side and dump Massie, but for now I don't think they are looking for that big name LT, its scary they think they have him.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I'm a big time believer in Trubisky. And I don't say that often. Having said that however we did overpay to move up one spot in the draft. But I'm glad we have Trubisky, i've never been this excited about a young QB ever.

Did not overpay...........And hopefully he gets some help...........White will never be the answer.
So I actually do believe we will go big time wr in the fa or draft.........And which ever way they turn for a wr,o-line should be addressed the other way(fa or 1st rd draft pick).

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky has that win first attitude that McMahon had, with actual talent with accuracy.

I don't know about the left tackle though, they locked up Leno before he proved he was that guy. Maybe the plan is to push him to the right side and dump Massie, but for now I don't think they are looking for that big name LT, its scary they think they have him.

Mcmahon had talent........he had a ton of talent to piss off Ditka and man he could drink some beer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubs should be playing right now. I don't care if he is ready. I care he is ready for next year and that means playing him now.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubs should be playing right now. I don't care if he is ready. I care he is ready for next year and that means playing him now.
A weakness at oline is the only reason I wouldn't start him yet. Our oline seems to be faltering.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace traded any shot this year at success for a (hopefully) franchise QB and a head start at putting weapons around him.

Yeah... Everybody knows that your two rookies taken in the 3rd and 4th round of any given year, are usually the difference between picking high in the draft and competing for the post-season.

:scratch: :noidea:

We just beat the Steelers with our QB passing for 80 yards, with a crucial INT backed up at his own 20. We were a dropped Howard pass away from doing the same thing to the defending NFC champion and undefeated Falcons.

Keep telling yourself this team needs a complete overhaul. It couldn't be more obvious that this defense, offensive line and run game is becoming very legitimate.

This team needs a franchise QB (which we hope to already have) and a play maker or two on the outside. I am not sure what more is really missing from this being a playoff team.

If Trubisky is legit, we are really in business. Period.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A weakness at oline is the only reason I wouldn't start him yet. Our oline seems to be faltering.

Offensive line is our biggest strength. Did you watch the game Sunday? Holy hell dude... That was without Sitton as well.

They dominated the point of attack. How do you think a team rushes for 220 yards? Take a peek.

Leno and Long were two of highest grading offensive lineman in football from Week 3.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the kid a lot.

I think he's just as likely to become a top-flight QB as any other young QB that I've seen come into the league in recent years.

He has every tool you could ask for. He sounds very humble and disciplined. I liked a lot of things about Cutler, but it's a breath of fresh air to have our next QB (seemingly) be a polar opposite personality.

At this point, it's all speculation. However, there really isn't anything you can point to and say "he doesn't have that" or "he can't do that".

I'm not going to sit here and emphatically say he is the answer, without seeing him play a single down. However, there is zero reason to suggest that "he isn't the answer" either. If that makes sense.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the kid a lot.

I think he's just as likely to become a top-flight QB as any other young QB that I've seen come into the league in recent years.

He has every tool you could ask for. He sounds very humble and disciplined. I liked a lot of things about Cutler, but it's a breath of fresh air to have our next QB (seemingly) be a polar opposite personality.

At this point, it's all speculation. However, there really isn't anything you can point to and say "he doesn't have that" or "he can't do that".

I'm not going to sit here and emphatically say he is the answer, without seeing him play a single down. However, there is zero reason to suggest that "he isn't the answer" either. If that makes sense.

Ok, pretty good answer.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, pretty good answer.

If you're interested in the overall opinion around Chicago. I would add that the consensus around the Trubisky pick at the time, was utter confusion and disappointment. He got booed the following day when attending the Bulls playoff game vs the Celtics. Generally speaking, people were not thrilled. Talk radio shows, message boards... etc... were filled with fans who not only were taken off-guard by the pick, but also viewed the compensation given to SF as being way too much.

Then slowly, I think he kind of just slowly endeared himself to the fan-base. He said all the right things, he really impressed in camp and pretty much lit it up at every opportunity in the pre-season. He was impressive. It spun the narrative on it's head a little bit. Listening to the usual talking heads in the area. It seemed like those on the fence, moved over to Trubisky's side. Those who were dissenters of the pick, moved to the fence and took on more of a "well... let's see" type of attitude. Those who were already on board, fell harder for him.

The Chicago sporting news "zeitgeist" started with confusion pertaining to Trubs, and it's just slowly but surely inched towards his favor. It's no longer a polarizing issue, and the overwhelming majority are interested to see him get in there.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're interested in the overall opinion around Chicago. I would add that the consensus around the Trubisky pick at the time, was utter confusion and disappointment. He got booed the following day when attending the Bulls playoff game vs the Celtics. Generally speaking, people were not thrilled. Talk radio shows, message boards... etc... were filled with fans who not only were taken off-guard by the pick, but also viewed the compensation given to SF as being way too much.

Then slowly, I think he kind of just slowly endeared himself to the fan-base. He said all the right things, he really impressed in camp and pretty much lit it up at every opportunity in the pre-season. He was impressive. It spun the narrative on it's head a little bit. Listening to the usual talking heads in the area. It seemed like those on the fence, moved over to Trubisky's side. Those who were dissenters of the pick, moved to the fence and took on more of a "well... let's see" type of attitude. Those who were already on board, fell harder for him.

The Chicago sporting news "zeitgeist" started with confusion, and it's just slowly but surely inched towards his favor. It's no longer a polarizing issue, and the overwhelming majority are interested to see him get in there.

Of course all of that really means nothing. Throw a few interceptions and lose a few games and you'll see how much the fans really love you.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course all of that really means nothing. Throw a few interceptions and lose a few games and you'll see how much the fans really love you.

Well, no shit. lol

Although, you were the one who asked for Bears fans opinion on Trubisky. I simply conveyed that to you.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A "weakness" on the Bears is their o-line??:wtf:

I think you misspelled "strength". Pretty much THEE bright spot of the team. :tsk:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A "weakness" on the Bears is their o-line??:wtf:

I think you misspelled "strength". Pretty much THEE bright spot of the team. :tsk:

With Dallas's line struggling pretty badly thus far. You could literally make the argument that it's the best line in football right now. I would give the nod to Tennessee still, but this unit took off last year and it's only continuing to progress. Tennessee also gets to protect Mariota, while our guys have to protect the human stone statue that is Glennon.

Whitehair is a stud and Leno just played a helluva game. Long looked like he didn't miss a beat out there. Waiting to get 100% seems to have been the right call. We already know Sitton is a perennial pro bowler. Not to mention, Grassu played a very nice game in his place. Compton is also a starter on a lot of other teams. Massie has been competent, which is all we need from him.

They're definitely the best run blocking unit in the game right now. Our RB's are averaging 5.2 YPC, despite the passing game providing zero threat to back anyone off of the LOS.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Chicago sporting news "zeitgeist" started with confusion pertaining to Trubs, and it's just slowly but surely inched towards his favor. It's no longer a polarizing issue, and the overwhelming majority are interested to see him get in there.

I'd say Chicagoans just kind of realized that it isn't the kid's fault that the Bears did what they did to get him. Realized hey, this is going to be our guy sooner rather than later.

So once everyone sobered up and got over it, I think they realized that we need to root the kid on and hope that he is what the Bears think he is.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Chicagoans just kind of realized that it isn't the kid's fault that the Bears did what they did to get him. Realized hey, this is going to be our guy sooner rather than later.

So once everyone sobered up and got over it, I think they realized that we need to root the kid on and hope that he is what the Bears think he is.

Yeah, I agree. It's funny... I actually think the Bulls game incident helped people realize how silly everybody was being. It forced rational people to jump to his defense.