• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let me go on record right now

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never have been more pissed in my lifetime at being a frustrated White Sox if they somehow pull off a trade for Machado. We will obviously have to surrender a number of high end prospects for a rental player. This for a team that currently has the worst record in Baseball, and will likely not finish any better than in the bottom five at season's end. So why on earth would we want a rental? You only risk giving up a lot for a rental if your team is in the thick of a pennant race.

I wouldn't bother wasting time on such a senseless possibility like this if there weren't so many stories out there saying the Sox have been one of the key teams seeking Machado's services. The Cubs are often listed the other major team of interest, but at least it makes sense for them to pursue him, being they should be in the thick of the playoff hunt all season, and Machado could possibly make the difference as to the Cubs' chances of winning the whole enchilada. Plus they have the $$$ to make a serious run at locking him down long term.

I am anxiously waiting for the article to come out and say "team sources" confirm that the Sox are more likely to trade for Elvis than Machado. Stick a knife in this rumor now, or as Barney Fife would say, "Nip it in the bud, nip it nip it nip it!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never have been more pissed in my lifetime at being a frustrated White Sox if they somehow pull off a trade for Machado. We will obviously have to surrender a number of high end prospects for a rental player. This for a team that currently has the worst record in Baseball, and will likely not finish any better than in the bottom five at season's end. So why on earth would we want a rental? You only risk giving up a lot for a rental if your team is in the thick of a pennant race.

I wouldn't bother wasting time on such a senseless possibility like this if there weren't so many stories out there saying the Sox have been one of the key teams seeking Machado's services. The Cubs are often listed the other major team of interest, but at least it makes sense for them to pursue him, being they should be in the thick of the playoff hunt all season, and Machado could possibly make the difference as to the Cubs' chances of winning the whole enchilada. Plus they have the $$$ to make a serious run at locking him down long term.

I am anxiously waiting for the article to come out and say "team sources" confirm that the Sox are more likely to trade for Elvis than Machado. Stick a knife in this rumor now, or as Barney Fife would say, "Nip it in the bud, nip it nip it nip it!!

Rental? :scratch: How do you figure?

You realize this would be with the intention of locking him up to a big long-term deal as a centerpiece of the 2020's, right?

We're not trading for him so he can help us win 70 games instead of 60 in 2018. lol

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rental? :scratch: How do you figure?

You realize this would be with the intention of locking him up to a big long-term deal as a centerpiece of the 2020's, right?

We're not trading for him so he can help us win 70 games instead of 60 in 2018. lol

News flash: Intentions plus two bits = 25 cents. Do you honestly think we would have ANY shot at signing him long term? And if you answer yes we would, ok, fine. But then why bother trading for him during the season where we would have to surrender key prospects? Why not just wait until the season is over, then start the bidding?

Sorry rich, you often come up with astute reasoning to posts of your own and responses to other folks' posts. This is not one of them.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News flash: Intentions plus two bits = 25 cents. Do you honestly think we would have ANY shot at signing him long term? And if you answer yes we would, ok, fine. But then why bother trading for him during the season where we would have to surrender key prospects? Why not just wait until the season is over, then start the bidding?

Sorry rich, you often come up with astute reasoning to posts of your own and responses to other folks' posts. This is not one of them.

Dude...

If we don't have strict intentions of signing Machado. We wouldn't make the deal.

Why else would we trade for him?

I... I kind of just don't know what to say. Do you think the worst team in baseball is looking for a rental? Lol

Our money is just as good as any other club as well. Wellington Castillo is also Machado's best friend. Machado is Dominican, this group has a strong core of Latin players and make them feel at home. Why do you think Jose has lobbied to stay?

Everything about this thread confuses me man.

I'm trying to figure out if you ACTUALLY believe the White Sox would be making this deal for this year. Please tell me you don't believe that man. The White Sox are not under the impression that they are competing in 2018. For christ sake, a 5 year old can see that.

But then why bother trading for him during the season where we would have to surrender key prospects?

Another confusing point.

We would have to trade for him before the deadline, because if we do not - somebody else will. Then, they will sign him long-term.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich, don't get me wrong, I love your optimism. I confess to being a bonafide homer myself. But we have zero chance of signing Machado long term. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Therefore, it would be absolutely ridiculous to the point of insanity in trading for him. This isn't the NBA, there are no sign-n-trades in baseball. Maybe I didn't make my original post clear enough, and so there is no confusion, my point is why are the Sox even remotely in the Machado discussions, especially if it involves trading for him. It would be far and away the dumbest trade we ever made. And please don't repeat your opinion that we would trade for him with the purpose of signing him long term. You seriously think Machado wouldn't hit the market as a complete free agent? What, do you think we're going to miraculously throw him a 10-12 year deal for $300+ million? If you do, then I have some fantastic ocean front property in North Dakota than you can have for a bargain.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rich ... you ignore the possibility that the sox could indeed trade for him with only the HOPES of signing him long term. this isn't a new concept to the sox. and if this happened and he were to decide NOT to sign then pretty much everything LSD says is on the money. so why the grief?
personally i don't want him at the ridiculous amount he'd be expecting. the sox aren't going to be ready for serious contention for quite a while and i'd rather wait until the sox CAN make a legit run and THEN go after someone who can push them over the top.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chisox want Manny that bad, huh? What does the worst team in baseball have to trade in order to get one of the best players in baseball that resides currently on the 2nd worst team in baseball?

Why would Manny want to go to another losing franchise with a worst history when he can go to a contender and compete for a WS ring?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chisox want Manny that bad, huh? What does the worst team in baseball have to trade in order to get one of the best players in baseball that resides currently on the 2nd worst team in baseball?

Why would Manny want to go to another losing franchise with a worst history when he can go to a contender and compete for a WS ring?
Actually, we have a ton of minor leaguers that we can serve up, and that's what worries me. Why waste minor league capital on a player who would only use us as a rest stop until free agency kicks in. As for why Macado would want to play for a losing franchise, my take is almost always money talks, bullshit walks. Offer the man enough $$$ and he'll play for the highest bidder, regardless of record. But again, I see no point in the Sox even wasting their time, as their will be ballclubs with a much greater purse who will be more than willing to lay out top dollar for him.