• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lesnar leaving the WWE for a return to the UFC?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not be a title contender, but he's better than some of the HW's they have there and I think he could compete vs some of the guys in the top 10.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be great for UFC. He's a household name and people will pay to see him fight that normally might not watch. Same with Punk. Of course, it will only lost as long as they win (esp with Punk...two straight fights getting his butt whipped people will lose interest)

Reactions: DJ

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like MMA, and I am not a wrestling hater (these guys are AMAZING athletes), but I do not like this trend of UFC pulling WWE guys over.

Granted, Lesner has a VERY legit background, and I will assume Punk does as well (I am ignorant about his background), but the optics of this is not good for the image of the UFC. MMA opponents will see this and it will enforce their assumption of what MMA is.

Who has made the move over the last few years? Didn't Lashley attempt it and fall flat on his face? Lesner has been yo-yoing and of course 15-20 years ago there was the BIG migration from MMA to wrestling (Abbott, Shamrock, Sevrin, etc). Angle is the one guy I would have LOVED to see make the switch, but he injured his neck rather early, IIRC.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The HW division is better now imo than we he left it. I don't think he breaks thru to the top this time around. I know he left UFC due to his illness but the timing turned out to be good for him. He was starting to face some more well rounded fighters and he didn't look all that great.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still going to be able to make some noise.

Can he compete? He's 37 and that might seem old to some, but let's look at some of the top 10 Heavyweights….Andrei Arlovski has made it back into the UFC after being banished and he’s recently cracked the top 10 at 35 as is Bigfoot Silva. Josh Barnett is 37. Roy Nelson is 38, Mark Hunt is 40.

I think Brock Lesnar could do well against several of those fighters I mentioned, especially Arlovski, Hunt, Nelson and Silva.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do they do drug/blood testing in the UFC? (an honest question)

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I read was that Bellator was actually going to offer Lesnar more money than UFC would trying to make more noise to get their deal really going. I dont get the excitement either way, he was a measly 5-3 in his MMA career and his hot wife Sable doesnt even want him risking injury in the fake sport. I still think he may go, but this may just be posturing for a bigger WWE payday.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I read was that Bellator was actually going to offer Lesnar more money than UFC would trying to make more noise to get their deal really going. I dont get the excitement either way, he was a measly 5-3 in his MMA career and his hot wife Sable doesnt even want him risking injury in the fake sport. I still think he may go, but this may just be posturing for a bigger WWE payday.

Missed this comment somehow.

A measly 5-3? Look at who he fought, wasn't like he fought a bunch of bums in those 8 fights:

Frank Mir, twice.
Randy Couture.
Cain Velasquez.
Alistair Overeem.

That's four very good to HOF fighters. And Shane Carwin was a solid fighter when they squared off.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed this comment somehow.

A measly 5-3? Look at who he fought, wasn't like he fought a bunch of bums in those 8 fights:

Frank Mir, twice.
Randy Couture.
Cain Velasquez.
Alistair Overeem.

That's four very good to HOF fighters. And Shane Carwin was a solid fighter when they squared off.

That list sounds a lot better than it is. The UFC HW class has been the weakest weight class in the organization for a long time Only one of those fighters, Couture, is an HoF fighter with a likely nod to Mir. But Cain & Reem are not HoF fighters.

Brock should have lost the fight to a broken down Carwin. Any other fighter that wasn't being propped up by the UFC & ref calls that fight 10/10 times.

Couture was an old man coming of a 15 month layoff due to a contract dispute with the UFC when they fought.

Mir is a mediocre fighter since his 2005 motorcycle accident. His 9-8 record proves that.

He was dominate by both Cain & Reem. Those weren't even fights. And Reem is terrible against anyone in the top 10. The only fights where he was dominate, was the Herring fight & the second Mir fight.

He would be lucky to beat anyone in the top 15. But I am sure there are WWE fans who would pay to watch him fight.