• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeSean McCoy

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put a little more effort in the TE department this draft. Kelce went in the second round. Gronk and Ertz in the third. That's too rich for me but I drafted Engram in the 6th round ( yes I expect some regression, but he'll be fine in the long run), then drafted Hunter Henry in the 18th round and then Goedert in round 23. Saw this article on Goedert .

Eagles Training Camp Practice Notes: Dallas Goedert looks unstoppable in the red zone

Red zone day might as well be called Dallas Goedert day. The rookie tight end simply dominates down there. Goedert’s first reception in 11-on-11 came when he was lined out wide against Sidney Jones. Nate Sudfeld threw his way and the tight end made an effortless one-hand grab. Then Sudfeld hit him again for a touchdown in the middle of the end zone. Unguardable. Later in practice, Goedert got some work with the first team. Nick Foles found him on a curl despite the fact Jordan Hicks was there to contest the play. Goedert’s just too big. During 3-on-2, Goedert ran a corner route to shake off Jeremy Reaves and make a catch. Reaves really must be starving because Goedert has eaten his lunch all day long. Goedert did have one drop during 3-on-2. That’s probably like his first or second drop all offseason.

• The only player who successfully covered Goedert: Ronald Darby. Darby, who’s been having a great camp, broke up a pass for the rookie tight end right at the goal line. As the defense was celebrating the play, the Eagles offense called a hurry up and Foles hit Goedert for ANOTHER touchdown. Rodney McLeod failed to cover No. 88 that time. Goedert may not finish the season with a huge yardage total but boy is he gonna score some touchdowns.

I know it's preseason and to take all this with a grain of salt, but he was a second round pick and round 23 isn't too much of a investment to take a flyer on him.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put a little more effort in the TE department this draft. Kelce went in the second round. Gronk and Ertz in the third. That's too rich for me but I drafted Engram in the 6th round ( yes I expect some regression, but he'll be fine in the long run), then drafted Hunter Henry in the 18th round and then Goedert in round 23. Saw this article on Goedert .

Eagles Training Camp Practice Notes: Dallas Goedert looks unstoppable in the red zone

Red zone day might as well be called Dallas Goedert day. The rookie tight end simply dominates down there. Goedert’s first reception in 11-on-11 came when he was lined out wide against Sidney Jones. Nate Sudfeld threw his way and the tight end made an effortless one-hand grab. Then Sudfeld hit him again for a touchdown in the middle of the end zone. Unguardable. Later in practice, Goedert got some work with the first team. Nick Foles found him on a curl despite the fact Jordan Hicks was there to contest the play. Goedert’s just too big. During 3-on-2, Goedert ran a corner route to shake off Jeremy Reaves and make a catch. Reaves really must be starving because Goedert has eaten his lunch all day long. Goedert did have one drop during 3-on-2. That’s probably like his first or second drop all offseason.

• The only player who successfully covered Goedert: Ronald Darby. Darby, who’s been having a great camp, broke up a pass for the rookie tight end right at the goal line. As the defense was celebrating the play, the Eagles offense called a hurry up and Foles hit Goedert for ANOTHER touchdown. Rodney McLeod failed to cover No. 88 that time. Goedert may not finish the season with a huge yardage total but boy is he gonna score some touchdowns.

I know it's preseason and to take all this with a grain of salt, but he was a second round pick and round 23 isn't too much of a investment to take a flyer on him.

Hey I like it. I drafted him in my dynasty league.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matvius Bryant is still available in round 29. I didn't want him, but at this point I'm starting to think why not take a real late flyer.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kelce is the clear TE3 and I'm saying that as a fan. Ertz is safer and Gronk has way more upside. Chiefs brought in Sammy Watkins to steal targets from Kelce.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matvius Bryant is still available in round 29. I didn't want him, but at this point I'm starting to think why not take a real late flyer.

um, agreed - at worst, you can cut him if he doesn't do anything

a plus NFL talent, just needs to get that head on straight

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m one pick away and the team ahead me has David Johnson, Lynch, Cohen ( standard league scoring) and Malcom Brown. Perine is still available. Be interesting to see if he’s paying attention to the latest news.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kelce is the clear TE3 and I'm saying that as a fan. Ertz is safer and Gronk has way more upside. Chiefs brought in Sammy Watkins to steal targets from Kelce.
Perhaps in a redraft, but in dynasty I’d go Kelce. Gronkowski is about done with his career, and Ertz isn’t going to repeat those TDs total he had last year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps in a redraft, but in dynasty I’d go Kelce. Gronkowski is about done with his career, and Ertz isn’t going to repeat those TDs total he had last year.
Agree with Gronk but I'm not sure I agree with Ertz. I think Wentz improving + great oline + BS new tackling rules = long-term magic.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Gronk but I'm not sure I agree with Ertz. I think Wentz improving + great oline + BS new tackling rules = long-term magic.
Ertz TDs total last year were way above his previous years and the Eagles drafted Goedert who looks like a very good red zone target. Back to the norm for Ertz.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m one pick away and the team ahead me has David Johnson, Lynch, Cohen ( standard league scoring) and Malcom Brown. Perine is still available. Be interesting to see if he’s paying attention to the latest news.

Well he wasn’t paying attention or he just doesn’t like Perine. I got plenty of RBs, but heck you can’t have to many in standard. Guess I’ll pick him.:D

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he wasn’t paying attention or he just doesn’t like Perine. I got plenty of RBs, but heck you can’t have to many in standard. Guess I’ll pick him.:D

The team ahead of me is a IDP nutter, he started drafting defensive players early and often. He posted a comment about how he was baffled that "crappy projects players" ( guessing he means rookie offensive players) were being taken ahead of solid defensive players.
I look forward to trade talks once he realizes he's in trouble with his RBs. :D

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a trade offer for Perine .:nod:
That didn't take long, but it wasn't from the IDP nutter, but from the Guice owner. That owner has Zeke, Mixon, Jamaal Williams, A. Jones, J. Conner, Foreman.

Screenshot - 8_10_2018 , 3_42_47 PM.png

That's not a bad offer for a lump like Perine. Might be able to get more if I hold onto him. 3-4 owners went lean on RBs.

Thoughts?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a trade offer for Perine .:nod:
That didn't take long, but it wasn't from the IDP nutter, but from the Guice owner. That owner has Zeke, Mixon, Jamaal Williams, A. Jones, J. Conner, Foreman.

View attachment 184700

That's not a bad offer for a lump like Perine. Might be able to get more if I hold onto him. 3-4 owners went lean on RBs.

Thoughts?
that owner has some serious rb's