• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leighton Vander Esch

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed a goal line play last night in his highlights and he blew up the tackle and made an impressive play.
Hard to define him as soft at this point
That one stood out to me also

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed a goal line play last night in his highlights and he blew up the tackle and made an impressive play.

One play can't really define anyone. Let's give him a chance.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My command of the English language is good enough. My point is you in no fucking way were trying to "reserve judgement"

"I think LVE will be closer to the next Barbie Carpenter"

"LVE got stone walled by just about every blocker"

"I can't deny that I think this guy has bust written all over him"

How is your command of the English language?

anyways....you've made your point.
So what, your opinion means nothing at this point.
Hahah, you just can't help yourself can you? You can't help but insult me, for years now you have come at me unprovoked. It must suck to be so fucking bitter all the time.

I don't understand why you continue to try and instigate shit with me. Grow the fuck up. You obviously have a hard time understanding so I'll break it down for you. If you want to talk football, great, lay it on me. If not, FUCK. OFF. PDAY.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Based off one play on an admitted "highlight reel". Give me a break. Go watch the rest of his games. They are easy to find and cost nothing to watch.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know he is soft?

Just from watching his game film. I watched about 8 of his games from this past 2017. It's just my opinion, but I stand by it. From what I saw LVE does not shed blockers very well, and for the most part just "catches" would be blockers instead of delivering a hit and pushing forward. Once lineman get their hands on him LVE tends to go wherever they want/push him to. Aside from that, I also do not like how LVE tries to avoid contact by going around would be blockers - takes himself out of the play too often.

He looks like an asset in coverage, though. Just missing some traits I would like to see in a middle linebacker.

This is all just my opinion of course.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might just have a young tight end...Antonio Gates and Jimmy Graham were just former basketball players once too....This team will win 11-12 games and be in the playoffs

I see the team as a better team than last year but the division is tough and getting tougher. Giants picking up the RB is going to kill us. Our run D has sucked for many years now and we could be in big trouble in our own division. I think we might miss the playoffs all together. Way too early for predictions but I am nervous.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the team as a better team than last year but the division is tough and getting tougher. Giants picking up the RB is going to kill us. Our run D has sucked for many years now and we could be in big trouble in our own division. I think we might miss the playoffs all together. Way too early for predictions but I am nervous.
See, I think the Giants did well, but could have hit a HR. If they had taken Darnold at two, Guice would have been sitting there for them in round two, and they would be set for a decade. Eli is 37 and not close to the player he once was

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I think the Giants did well, but could have hit a HR. If they had taken Darnold at two, Guice would have been sitting there for them in round two, and they would be set for a decade. Eli is 37 and not close to the player he once was
I agree. So glade they chose rb. They should have taken a franchise qb. Eli is washed up and their oline is not great. Not worried about Giants.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not replacing Eli may hurt them big time but if you can ride a horse like we are planning to do with Zeke.......

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants did add 2 lineman in free agency and drafted a solid guard in the second so it may not be as bad as it was. And with those weapons, not bad may be good enough for them.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants did add 2 lineman in free agency and drafted a solid guard in the second so it may not be as bad as it was. And with those weapons, not bad may be good enough for them.
They still have a washed up QB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Based off one play on an admitted "highlight reel". Give me a break. Go watch the rest of his games. They are easy to find and cost nothing to watch.
LOL...what part of my post did you not understand? I clearly said that one play was impressive and it's hard to define him as soft at this point. Pull your lace panties up and try not to be do defensive. It's your thread, your rant, opposition happens here. Grow up or don't play.

"You can't help but insult me, for years now you have come at me unprovoked"

for years? LOL, unless you are twisted (which I've always suspected) I have very little time here with you. You rant about things not worth ranting about and I find you're a little misinformed and sensitive. NOW, if you are twisted....I understand your hostility.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just from watching his game film. I watched about 8 of his games from this past 2017. It's just my opinion, but I stand by it. From what I saw LVE does not shed blockers very well, and for the most part just "catches" would be blockers instead of delivering a hit and pushing forward. Once lineman get their hands on him LVE tends to go wherever they want/push him to. Aside from that, I also do not like how LVE tries to avoid contact by going around would be blockers - takes himself out of the play too often.

He looks like an asset in coverage, though. Just missing some traits I would like to see in a middle linebacker.

This is all just my opinion of course.

OK, we shall see if he can get better.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it! Posted it here a month ago and then again yesterday. That said, I hate this pick. LVE is soft. I hate to write a guy off before he's even played a down, but just watch the game tape of LVE. This guy shies away from contact at every opportunity.

I hope he is the next Urlacher, but I think LVE will be closer to the next Barbie Carpenter.

Hate it.

I've seen LVE play, a lot, and you have no clue, my friend. I also watched Demarcus play every down in college too, and LVE is a better player.

You don't get 141 tackles, all those forced fumbles, pass breakups, interceptions, and dominate the field like he does by being soft. Here's what you miss about him, the plays that don't make the highlight reel. The MLB is supposed to be able to do everything, run, pass, blitz, 1st down, 4th down. I've watched him run across the field and run down a back from behind. I watched him break coverage and make a tackle that prevented a touchdown when he was 20 yards off of the play. He plays every down in a BSU defense that rotates almost everyone else. And he's still full speed at the end as he was at the beginning. He made at least three game ending interceptions, tackles and forced fumbles that I personally witnessed.

What you call soft, folks who know football call smart. You want a guy to blow up a blocker? I want a guy to slip the blocker and make the tackle! LVE's real strength is his field sense, I've never seen a better linebacker. He reads run and plugs the hole turning a big gain into no gain. He reads screen or draw, and reacts. He can drop into coverage and run stride for stride with almost any receiver. In zone coverage he gets to the play before a receiver can. I can't tell you how many times he came out of no where to break up a pass or pick off a loss ball.

But I'm glad that you bad mouthed him. I suspect that you'll be eating your words and damn glad that he's a Cowboy. Here's his highlight reel, if you want it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen LVE play, a lot, and you have no clue, my friend. I also watched Demarcus play every down in college too, and LVE is a better player.

You don't get 141 tackles, all those forced fumbles, pass breakups, interceptions, and dominate the field like he does by being soft. Here's what you miss about him, the plays that don't make the highlight reel. The MLB is supposed to be able to do everything, run, pass, blitz, 1st down, 4th down. I've watched him run across the field and run down a back from behind. I watched him break coverage and make a tackle that prevented a touchdown when he was 20 yards off of the play. He plays every down in a BSU defense that rotates almost everyone else. And he's still full speed at the end as he was at the beginning. He made at least three game ending interceptions, tackles and forced fumbles that I personally witnessed.

What you call soft, folks who know football call smart. You want a guy to blow up a blocker? I want a guy to slip the blocker and make the tackle! LVE's real strength is his field sense, I've never seen a better linebacker. He reads run and plugs the hole turning a big gain into no gain. He reads screen or draw, and reacts. He can drop into coverage and run stride for stride with almost any receiver. In zone coverage he gets to the play before a receiver can. I can't tell you how many times he came out of no where to break up a pass or pick off a loss ball.

But I'm glad that you bad mouthed him. I suspect that you'll be eating your words and damn glad that he's a Cowboy. Here's his highlight reel, if you want it.
I'd be interested in your thoughts on Cedrick Wilson. I think he was an absolute steal in the 6th

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be interested in your thoughts on Cedrick Wilson. I think he was an absolute steal in the 6th
Thoroughly agree. Wilson was our big play guy and the one who wouldn't drop the crucial 3rd down pass. He is a quality person, great football smarts, 6'3", good hands, runs great routes, and just for kicks, his dad has a super bowl ring (Steelers WR)

You won't get the drama and me first highlight reel that you got from Dez, but you got a guy who will show up for every play.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. I always like to hear the opinions of the people that watched every game in real time. Nice to read:suds:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leighton don't forget to switch back to your other account when you talk in the first person.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The Giants probably win more games this season,but are not a playoff team. They should have taken a Qb and they have a bleak future. Eli manning easily is one of the most overrated qbs ever.